John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by John Smith » 16 Jun 2017 15:35

Tommio
John Smith
Tommio Are you stupid or something?

Who asked you anything?

No one, but when people post stupid things I'll reply. It is an open forum after all. Ian Harte was a left back, Peter Wittingham never has been and never will be.

Who said anything about him being a left back? We don't even play 4-4-2. He'd fit in perfectly as a left wing back in our system.

What do you do for a living mate? I'd be willing to hedge my bets that you're not a football manager.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jun 2017 15:57

John Smith
Tommio
John Smith Who asked you anything?

No one, but when people post stupid things I'll reply. It is an open forum after all. Ian Harte was a left back, Peter Wittingham never has been and never will be.

Who said anything about him being a left back? We don't even play 4-4-2. He'd fit in perfectly as a left wing back in our system.

What do you do for a living mate? I'd be willing to hedge my bets that you're not a football manager.

You said "Would be ideal to challenge Obita at LB and has a wand of a left boot". So you, you're the one who said about him being a left back.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jun 2017 16:22

Tommio
John Smith
Tommio No one, but when people post stupid things I'll reply. It is an open forum after all. Ian Harte was a left back, Peter Wittingham never has been and never will be.

You said "Would be ideal to challenge Obita at LB and has a wand of a left boot". So you, you're the one who said about him being a left back.

If you'd like to turn this into a page-long witch hunt then go ahead. Cyber bullying doesn't bother me. I'm just here to talk football with like-minded people. Can't seem to find many of them here.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jun 2017 18:28

John Smith
Tommio
John Smith Who said anything about him being a left back? We don't even play 4-4-2. He'd fit in perfectly as a left wing back in our system.

If you'd like to turn this into a page-long witch hunt then go ahead. Cyber bullying doesn't bother me. I'm just here to talk football with like-minded people. Can't seem to find many of them here.

Cyber bullying, yeah clearly.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jun 2017 21:13

If as an untested manager Jaap could have had Gyan and van der Vaart I'm confident if supported by these owners he can pull a few decent players in that other clubs at our level couldn't.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Jun 2017 22:14

maffff If as an untested manager Jaap could have had Gyan and van der Vaart I'm confident if supported by these owners he can pull a few decent players in that other clubs at our level couldn't.

As a club we have had an amazing few summer windows on the bounce really; I can see this summer being even more impressive.

I've got a feeling we are going to see a fair few faces through the door in the mould that BT and JS likes them; young, promising and with a point to prove.

I'd of course like to see us sign someone like Abraham or Loftus-Cheek. Some may be quick to write those sort of players well out of our reach, but i wouldn't put it past our stewardship to actually sign players of that calibre.

A work colleague told me we'll be similar to Huddersfield next year, I couldn't disagree. It wouldn't take much and we should hit the next level.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Jun 2017 22:59

Oh and with rakels off on loan another striker is imminent. I think our forward line will see the most investment; amen to that.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 17 Jun 2017 19:53

Would like us to have a look at John Akinde at Barnet,he has scored a lot of goals

League Two though but still....Hes scored a few

80 in 134 apps actually

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jun 2017 08:31

Frazier Campbell would surely be of interest to the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jun 2017 10:24

Sutekh Frazier Campbell would surely be of interest to the club.

Possibly. Depends on wages and fitness. Not seen him play for years to be honest

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 23 Jun 2017 20:27

Enis bardhi has been quality for Macedonia U21 in the euros. https://youtu.be/c-KYtTuL-1E
Sign him up, should be a bargain.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jun 2017 17:05

super darren caskey Would like us to have a look at John Akinde at Barnet,he has scored a lot of goals

League Two though but still....Hes scored a few

80 in 134 apps actually
there is something "going on" there.....don't know what it is....but that lad never seems to progress any further than the bees

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 24 Jun 2017 17:55

The sooner we can sign these players and the football season can start the better. I hate spending Saturday's with a woman. I can't wait for QPR away. Bring the game on.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Jun 2017 01:33

I'd have liked that Klich bloke that went to Leeds.

mexRoyalico

by mexRoyalico » 27 Jun 2017 05:39

i think since we have Yann, Mendes fit, Rackels gone, Dom maybe going, we should look at Lookman from Everton, as a back up and a different option to what we have - very quick......can score goals as we have seen at the world cup under 20, season loan option to buy if promoted.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 27 Jun 2017 07:26

Apologies if he's already been mentioned, but what's Nathaniel Chalobah's situation? He did well for us on loan a few seasons back and doesn't seem to be any closer to the Chelsea first team. Could be a good Williams replacement but I guess WCBAP - he was rumoured to be earning 35k a week from Chelsea.

The Informant

by The Informant » 27 Jun 2017 07:58

Royalcop Apologies if he's already been mentioned, but what's Nathaniel Chalobah's situation? He did well for us on loan a few seasons back and doesn't seem to be any closer to the Chelsea first team. Could be a good Williams replacement but I guess WCBAP - he was rumoured to be earning 35k a week from Chelsea.

I wish we could use the transfer window to transfer us in some more knowledgeable fans :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2017 08:48

The Informant
Royalcop Apologies if he's already been mentioned, but what's Nathaniel Chalobah's situation? He did well for us on loan a few seasons back and doesn't seem to be any closer to the Chelsea first team. Could be a good Williams replacement but I guess WCBAP - he was rumoured to be earning 35k a week from Chelsea.

I wish we could use the transfer window to transfer us in some more knowledgeable fans :lol:

not sure its that outlandish, though Chalobah will prob go to a Premier League team

I'd be happy if we were looking at maybe one young loan player from a prem league club, someone who could do a job like Izzy Brown did for Huddersfield last year. There's couple at Arsenal who may be worth a look (Maitland-Niles, maybe Akpom for example, others as well)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Jun 2017 09:26

Hound
The Informant

not sure its that outlandish, though Chalobah will prob go to a Premier League team

I'd be happy if we were looking at maybe one young loan player from a prem league club, someone who could do a job like Izzy Brown did for Huddersfield last year. There's couple at Arsenal who may be worth a look (Maitland-Niles, maybe Akpom for example, others as well)

As much as I'd welcome all of the above, I don't think they're Stam-like signings. That was more of Clarke approach to bring in half of Chelsea's youngsters and it didn't work. I'm not sure a promising 4rsenal attacker is going to get us out of this division.

What about Burnley's Dean Marney?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Jun 2017 10:28

Top Flight The sooner we can sign these players and the football season can start the better. I hate spending Saturday's with a woman. I can't wait for QPR away. Bring the game on.

Football's just like a woman.

Costs a lot of money, sometimes makes you happy and invariably more often than not will frustrate the hell out of you.

741 posts