Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Dec 2018 10:47

I long for the 70s when we would sign a player simply because they could 'run fast.'

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 06 Dec 2018 14:02

I think it would be wise to sign a LB at least on loan. Someone like Jay Dasilva (Not him because he's already on loan)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Dec 2018 16:28

Norfolk Royal I long for the 70s when we would sign a player simply because they could 'run fast.'

Twas a simpler but more beautiful time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2018 19:32

Far more concerned with Outs than Ins.

Aluko
McShane
Meyler
Mannone
O'Shea
Edwards
Clement
Harriott
Popa
Beasant
Medical team
Nani

All at anything less than paying up their full contract.

Swift
Bacuna
Barrow
Gunter
All for any decent sum of money

Maximum of three in, at least two out for every one in. Priorities being a centreback and a midfielder.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 08:36

Snowflake Royal Far more concerned with Outs than Ins.

Beasant

Really interested to hear about your extensive goalkeeper coaching knowledge here Ian. What does Dave Beasant do wrong? What does he need to do to improve? What does he do in training? Please share.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2018 09:48

Aluko
McShane
Meyler
Mannone
O'Shea
Edwards
Clement
Harriott
Popa
Beasant
Medical team
Nani

All at anything less than paying up their full contract.

Swift
Bacuna
Barrow
Gunter
All for any decent sum of money

Maximum of three in, at least two out for every one in. Priorities being a centreback and a midfielder.

Interesting on Bacuna. Would say personally he is key to our side at the moment. Would not want to lose him

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2018 12:13

Can forget about any January ins now. All about the outs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2018 12:26

Old Man Andrews

Beasant

Really interested to hear about your extensive goalkeeper coaching knowledge here Ian. What does Dave Beasant do wrong? What does he need to do to improve? What does he do in training? Please share.

The quality of our keeping has dipped significantly since Beasant took over from Bobbi.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 12:27

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Beasant

The quality of our keeping has dipped significantly since Beasant took over from Bobbi.

Think that might have something to do with the quality of the goalkeepers........... Wow even for you that is desperate Ian.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2018 12:33

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Think that might have something to do with the quality of the goalkeepers........... Wow even for you that is desperate Ian.

We're also having a clean sweep and getting rid of everyone associated with the old.

I reckon your goalkeeping coach probably has some significant involvement in which keeper you sign too. :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Dec 2018 12:33

Don't see them on the training ground but if Beasant's pre match warm up is any indication of what they do in training then he doesn't appear to be the best. He's improved slightly from his first season, where he would kick the ball at everyone apart from the keeper.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 12:34

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal The quality of our keeping has dipped significantly since Beasant took over from Bobbi.

We're also having a clean sweep and getting rid of everyone associated with the old.

I reckon your goalkeeping coach probably has some significant involvement in which keeper you sign too. :roll:

hahahaha no they dont, not even slightly. Ian you are wrong, accept that you are wrong for once.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2018 12:36

sandman Don't see them on the training ground but if Beasant's pre match warm up is any indication of what they do in training then he doesn't appear to be the best. He's improved slightly from his first season, where he would kick the ball at everyone apart from the keeper.

Oh I am not saying he is a good goalkeeper coach by any means, none of us can say if he is or isn't for sure because we do not work for him or see him on a daily basis. He might be awful or he could be great, just wanted to see what Ian's fantastic insight was.

Don't look too much into the pre-match stuff though. It is a warm up drill and not specific coaching. Jaakkola certainly has improved under him.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 08 Dec 2018 18:48

Tbh I am still puzzled as to why Sal Bibbo (where is he now?) was replaced by Dave Beasant. Did he kick Steve Clarke's cat? :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Dec 2018 22:23

glass half full Tbh I am still puzzled as to why Sal Bibbo (where is he now?) was replaced by Dave Beasant. Did he kick Steve Clarke's cat? :?

Sal Bibbo is goalkeeping coach at Arsenal, so yeah, a slight step up.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Dec 2018 11:24

Scott Dann hasn't played for a over a year through injury. A 2 month loan at the Madejski would be ideal for his fitness and to help shore up our defence

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2019 11:19

Two players I liked that I spotted in an article about players who should move in January are Matthew Connolly (who played a small part in our promotion in 2012) and Andy King.

Connolly is a decent centre half and would add a bit of athleticism and experience to the back four, especially if we are getting rid of McShane and O'Shea. He can also play a bit at fullback and is pretty decent on the ball if I remember rightly.

King is a cracking midfielder who has no future at Leicester but is probably a bit out of our reach now. A deal until the end of the season might not be too fanciful though.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 03 Jan 2019 11:28

Jermaine Defoe
Ivan Toney
Tom Eaves
Ronan Curtis

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Jan 2019 11:31

Denver Royal (JS, anyone you fancy in the window? You usually come up with a few. Head over to Rumours.)

With it being quite apparent that the back line isn't good enough then aside from my suggestion above, my shopping list would consist of:

Michael Dawson - vastly experienced, knows a relegation battle. Nottingham Forest have one of the largest squads in the Champ and he has only played 10 games all season. A loan till the end of the season would be viable.

Henri Lansbury - I've mentioned him before but he's the forgotten man of Villa - played twice all season. Would provide much needed creativity in the middle of the park for the type of football Gomes wants to play as a replacement Edwards and Meyler. Can tackle too. Loan deal preferred to prove himself.

Sam Hutchinson - didn't feature much under Luhukay at Wednesday and is a reliable Championship pro who can tackle in the middle. Should Bruce not fancy him either then we could get a him for a reasonable price.

Pape Souaré - would be a bit of a gamble given his horrific accident a couple of seasons back but would undoubtedly be the best wing back on the books if he joined. Has only played 3 games this season, a stint in the Championship could be a good way to ease him back to Prem standard.

I think the goalkeeping situation needs addressing but I'm happy enough with reinstating Vito Mannone as number one. He is the best keeper we have and the best with the ball at his feet. He was dropped for lack of form but the other two have done nothing to earn the shirt long term.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Jan 2019 13:13

Hoop Blah Two players I liked that I spotted in an article about players who should move in January are Matthew Connolly (who played a small part in our promotion in 2012) and Andy King.

Connolly is a decent centre half and would add a bit of athleticism and experience to the back four, especially if we are getting rid of McShane and O'Shea. He can also play a bit at fullback and is pretty decent on the ball if I remember rightly.

King is a cracking midfielder who has no future at Leicester but is probably a bit out of our reach now. A deal until the end of the season might not be too fanciful though.

We were interested in King in the summer, but he's on 40k a week. He's more of an ambassador than a player at Leicester these days. Sure he'd fancy a move to Reading, but he'll probably get a better offer from a lower Prem team.

741 posts