RUMOUR - Karl Darlow

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Karl Darlow

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jul 2017 14:38

Darlow is a pretty good keeper imho and he's certainly got age on his side. I think we need to move away from the "that amount of money is ridiculous", of course it is and it's fairly uncharted territory for us, but that's the way the game is right now and in today's current climate I wouldn't have said that's unreasonable, especially considering the typical English player inflation. Certainly Newcastle fans think the fee is too low.

We're not going to change the game by refusing to pay the going rate for players, all that's going to happen is we're going to go backwards, we have to adapt to go forward, and if we are fortunate enough to have the ability to do so, then we should.

I'd be happy for him to come here.

The Informant

by The Informant » 05 Jul 2017 14:42

CountryRoyal Darlow is a pretty good keeper imho and he's certainly got age on his side. I think we need to move away from the "that amount of money is ridiculous", of course it is and it's fairly uncharted territory for us, but that's the way the game is right now and in today's current climate I wouldn't have said that's unreasonable, especially considering the typical English player inflation. Certainly Newcastle fans think the fee is too low.

We're not going to change the game by refusing to pay the going rate for players, all that's going to happen is we're going to go backwards, we have to adapt to go forward, and if we are fortunate enough to have the ability to do so, then we should.

What about Krul though?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2017 14:45

The Informant
CountryRoyal Darlow is a pretty good keeper imho and he's certainly got age on his side. I think we need to move away from the "that amount of money is ridiculous", of course it is and it's fairly uncharted territory for us, but that's the way the game is right now and in today's current climate I wouldn't have said that's unreasonable, especially considering the typical English player inflation. Certainly Newcastle fans think the fee is too low.

What about Krul though?

I think Darlow is too unrealistic. Maybe we should look at Donnarumma. Or maybe Alex Meret. I hear Alban Lafont is looking to join a championship club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jul 2017 14:47

He's played 16 times in the last 3 years and his wages will be considerably higher.

The old Krul? Without a doubt. Just think it would be a bit more of a risk.

The Informant

by The Informant » 05 Jul 2017 14:49

I'd be happy with De Gea - I think we can wrestle him away from UTD and prevent him from joinng Real Madrid.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jul 2017 14:53

The Informant I'd be happy with De Gea - I think we can wrestle him away from UTD and prevent him from joinng Real Madrid.

Dunno.. his shot stopping is great but can he pass it out to McShane?

The Informant

by The Informant » 05 Jul 2017 14:57

I'll ask Hound

siforest65

by siforest65 » 05 Jul 2017 15:04

Saw Darlow many times during his spell at Forest and he is generally a very reliable keeper, commands his box well too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2017 15:14

The Informant I'll ask Hound

I'm quite honoured I've joined the list of posters who The Informant has feebly tried to wind up :lol:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Jul 2017 19:38

Deal nearly done apparently

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 06 Jul 2017 20:05

Mid Sussex Royal Deal nearly done apparently

Where did you hear that?

The Informant

by The Informant » 06 Jul 2017 20:10

Welcome to the board.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 06 Jul 2017 20:14

The Informant

Welcome to the bored.

corrected for you

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jul 2017 21:10

Having a little look into the keeping situation at Newcastle, apparently they want to bring someone in, Darlow lost his place to Elliott at the end of the season, and they of course have Tim Krul back from his loan at European giants Alkmaar, and who would surely be out of the reach of all but Real and Barcelona....

So can see Darlow being available, he's not going to want to be 3rd of 4th choice

Tommio

by Tommio » 06 Jul 2017 21:44

Going to boro

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Jul 2017 22:05

Hound Having a little look into the keeping situation at Newcastle, apparently they want to bring someone in, Darlow lost his place to Elliott at the end of the season, and they of course have Tim Krul back from his loan at European giants Alkmaar, and who would surely be out of the reach of all but Real and Barcelona....

So can see Darlow being available, he's not going to want to be 3rd of 4th choice

Haven't they still got Matz Sels as well who they paid a reputed £5m for last summer?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Jul 2017 00:10

The Informant
Hound
NewCorkSeth He's probably on 50000 a week or there abouts. Would probably attract quite a bit of interest in france, Italy and Holland too.

I very much doubt anyone would pay anything like that a week to him now. maybe a few years back

But he is earning that.

Just accept the fact they your suggestion is appalling and only beaten by the Ribery suggestion earlier today :lol:

Damn, you sound like a sh!t human

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2017 06:55

Mike Hunt
The Informant
Hound
I very much doubt anyone would pay anything like that a week to him now. maybe a few years back

But he is earning that.

Just accept the fact they your suggestion is appalling and only beaten by the Ribery suggestion earlier today :lol:

wouldn't mind if he demonstrated even an entry level standard of wit

Fine Informant, we'll see when he ends up back on loan at some team of a similar level to us.

Agree 2nd/3rd choice Newcastle keepers who have played 12 games in 2 years should definitely be out of our reach...
Last edited by Hound on 07 Jul 2017 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jul 2017 08:36

Hound
Mike Hunt
The Informant
But he is earning that.

Ha, he definitely is - nevermind

Fine Informant, we'll see when he ends up back on loan at some team of a similar level to us.

Agree 2nd/3rd choice Newcastle keepers who have played 12 games in 2 years should definitely be out of our reach...

Sorry 2 things.
1) he had serious knee injury he was recovering from.
2) he played 28 times for AZ.
Don't get your stats from Wikipedia.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2017 08:39

fine, happy to be corrected on the AZ stats, and realise he was coming back from injury, which is part of why he went there

Doesnt change a huge amount though. Also bear in mind I didn't at any point say he would come here, or that I thought we should target him. Just I wouldn't have been surprised to see him linked
Last edited by Hound on 07 Jul 2017 08:41, edited 1 time in total.