Who could replace Stam?

603 posts
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who could replace Stam?

by Oilroyal » 24 Jan 2018 17:45

Denver Royal
Oilroyal
John Smith Utterly irrelevant post and one only with the purpose of spreading negativity. Nice one 'fan'.

Irrelevant to some but to others just tells you all you need to know about the man.

...and maybe about the man posting it? You had to go back to 2016 for this one, just a couple months after he was appointed, right?

I didn’t have to go searching Denver, I knew it was there, WHY? Because at the time I thought it a bloody odd statement for a team manager to be making

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Jan 2018 18:16

Oilroyal
Denver Royal
Oilroyal
Irrelevant to some but to others just tells you all you need to know about the man.

...and maybe about the man posting it? You had to go back to 2016 for this one, just a couple months after he was appointed, right?

I didn’t have to go searching Denver, I knew it was there, WHY? Because at the time I thought it a bloody odd statement for a team manager to be making

I never said you had to search for it. I said it was from 2016 (which it is).

You said it tell's us 'all' we need to know about the man. So, tell us ALL it told you? Be as detailed as you can. Who know's, maybe it told me something different (assuming it told me anything at all).

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 24 Jan 2018 18:39

Denver Royal
Oilroyal
Denver Royal

You said it tell's us 'all' we need to know about the man. So, tell us ALL it told you? Be as detailed as you can. Who know's, maybe it told me something different (assuming it told me anything at all).

My interpretation of a man in his late 40’s who can name just the one real friend from an entire playing career would be wasted on you. To form an opinion, you need to join all the dots of a situation and this interview was just another dot on the way to confirming the many reasons why Jaap will ultimately fail as a manager at this level.

And this interview took place just after we got beat by Millwall and just before we got beat by Norwich and yes alram bells were ringing within me way back to pre-season.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 24 Jan 2018 19:21

Oilroyal
Denver Royal
Oilroyal

My interpretation of a man in his late 40’s who can name just the one real friend from an entire playing career would be wasted on you. To form an opinion, you need to join all the dots of a situation and this interview was just another dot on the way to confirming the many reasons why Jaap will ultimately fail as a manager at this level.

And this interview took place just after we got beat by Millwall and just before we got beat by Norwich and yes alram bells were ringing within me way back to pre-season.

Wow, 'wasted' on me? I simply asked you a couple questions. I repeat, you said a media piece you dug up from 2 years ago tells us ALL we need to know. So you seemed to get a whole lot more out of it than I did, and so I wanted to find out what that was. A pity you aren't more forthcoming and detailed, as I requested. (Edit: I believe you've been challenged on stuff in here before, and it's not the first time you've responded with 'wasted on you', am I right?)

You did say something interesting, though. You said 'my interpretation'. As in, 'your' (Oilroyal's) own interpretation. Which, might tell us a thing or two (at least). A) An 'interpretation' is just that, and B) Someone else's interpretation of something may differ somewhat to your's. I mean, it happens, right? Now, for anyone's that does, are you saying your's would be wasted on them (in a discussion forum, no less)? :wink:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 24 Jan 2018 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 24 Jan 2018 19:46

You have a point Denver, it’s not the first time my opinion has been challenged on here, and rightly so, because we all see things differently. My opinion usually gets battered on here (which is fair play) but in my mind most of how I’ve interpreted this season and Jaap’s approach so far toward the club, our club officials, his coaches, the players, the fans, local media, publicly tapping up players, his stubbornness and naivety of the Championship, (in my opinion) most of these issues have or are about to come home to roost. And please believe me when I say that I really want us to succeed. But I see the rot with Jaap and I honestly believe it’s been coming from one place and one man’s domination of this club.

I don’t mean to be rude when I say it would be wasted on you. But if you’ve not seen the writing on the wall this whole season, then you probably never will, and I’m not trying to be mean.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Jan 2018 02:14

Oilroyal You have a point Denver, it’s not the first time my opinion has been challenged on here, and rightly so, because we all see things differently. My opinion usually gets battered on here (which is fair play) but in my mind most of how I’ve interpreted this season and Jaap’s approach so far toward the club, our club officials, his coaches, the players, the fans, local media, publicly tapping up players, his stubbornness and naivety of the Championship, (in my opinion) most of these issues have or are about to come home to roost. And please believe me when I say that I really want us to succeed. But I see the rot with Jaap and I honestly believe it’s been coming from one place and one man’s domination of this club.

I don’t mean to be rude when I say it would be wasted on you. But if you’ve not seen the writing on the wall this whole season, then you probably never will, and I’m not trying to be mean.

Well, there's much to unpack here, but a few brief comments before we should move on:

Jaap’s approach toward the club, club officials, coaches, players, media
There's no basis in reality for this. As I said, we interpret what we want. I've said elsewhere, I'm not aware of many fissures in the ranks, so to speak. If there are, they are doing a mighty fine job of hiding them. (Which isn't to say there are none. Here, or at any other club).

His naivety of the Championship
Well, he's a young, foreign coach, in his first gig. If he wasn't naive to the Champ, I'd be surprised. Of course, the club would have bought off on that when they hired him.

I really want us to succeed.
Agreed.

it’s been coming from one place and one man’s domination of this club.
I'd need to be convinced he dominates this club. As a rookie first time manager? Whoever signed off on that needs stringing up. Even if that were true (which I doubt), your feelings might better be directed elsewhere.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Jan 2018 02:52

Coppells Lost Coat With 54 points still up for grabs, we are still in for a play off spot :wink:

I dunno, there might be a meltdown in some quarters if that actually happened. Maybe we are better off where we are. :wink:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jan 2018 08:52

Oilroyal You have a point Denver, it’s not the first time my opinion has been challenged on here, and rightly so, because we all see things differently. My opinion usually gets battered on here

I really got under your skin, didn't I? :lol:

bagman

by bagman » 25 Jan 2018 13:30

The expression "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" springs to mind. Where is the mighty Dutchman, leaving his loyal no2 to field all the flack at t his critical stage. No wins, no new signings, no hope, no Jaap!!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Jan 2018 21:19

Oilroyal You have a point Denver, it’s not the first time my opinion has been challenged on here, and rightly so, because we all see things differently. My opinion usually gets battered on here (which is fair play) but in my mind most of how I’ve interpreted this season and Jaap’s approach so far toward the club, our club officials, his coaches, the players, the fans, local media, publicly tapping up players, his stubbornness and naivety of the Championship, (in my opinion) most of these issues have or are about to come home to roost. And please believe me when I say that I really want us to succeed. But I see the rot with Jaap and I honestly believe it’s been coming from one place and one man’s domination of this club.

Not necessarily a dig (unless you can fail to deliver), but please provide evidence of Jaap doing the following:

Negative approach to the club
Negative approach to club officials
Negative approach to his coaches
Negative approach towards the players
Negative approach towards the local media
Publicly tapping up a player

Many thanks

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2018 08:52

Good luck with that

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:25

genome
Oilroyal You have a point Denver, it’s not the first time my opinion has been challenged on here, and rightly so, because we all see things differently. My opinion usually gets battered on here

I really got under your skin, didn't I? :lol:

Cauz you did sweetheart it's all about YOU on here matey
Last edited by Oilroyal on 27 Jan 2018 04:36, edited 4 times in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:30

WAZZOCK

Not necessarily a dig (unless you can fail to deliver), but please provide evidence of Jaap doing the following:

Many thanks

Chickens coming home to roost
https://twitter.com/EmjayG89/status/957008055635456001 the Steven Reid comment by Quinny will piss a few of you off.. after all it's not on his wikki so it cant be true, can it? the truth will come out... and you young boys will be all over it when it does
Last edited by Oilroyal on 27 Jan 2018 04:25, edited 1 time in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Jan 2018 23:42

Denver Royal

Well, there's much to unpack here, but a few brief comments before we should move on:

Jaap’s approach toward the club, club officials, coaches, players, media
There's no basis in reality for this. As I said, we interpret what we want. I've said elsewhere, I'm not aware of many fissures in the ranks, so to speak. If there are, they are doing a mighty fine job of hiding them. (Which isn't to say there are none. Here, or at any other club).

His naivety of the Championship
Well, he's a young, foreign coach, in his first gig. If he wasn't naive to the Champ, I'd be surprised. Of course, the club would have bought off on that when they hired him.

I really want us to succeed.
Agreed.

it’s been coming from one place and one man’s domination of this club.
I'd need to be convinced he dominates this club. As a rookie first time manager? Whoever signed off on that needs stringing up. Even if that were true (which I doubt), your feelings might better be directed elsewhere.

Take a look Denv.... truth starting to come out https://twitter.com/EmjayG89/status/957008055635456001 the Steven Reid comment should be of interest to you

Ollie Broad
‏ @Olliebroad18RFC
3h3 hours ago
Replying to @EmjayG89

Reid didn’t leave at his own accord either

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 27 Jan 2018 05:31

WAZZOCK

Many thanks

Are you saying that you can’t resonate with any of the above? You must be in such a deep sleep within the matrix, void of personal perception that life for you must be blissful ignorance

double d

by double d » 27 Jan 2018 07:29

How do we know its not some spotty little gobshite being a gobshite

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 08:18

Drunken nobbing, Oil Royal?

I'm rather embarrassed for you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2018 08:46

Oh wow. Definitive. A kid posts a selfie with a player who has been injured for two years and claims he was told said player won't play for Reading again (no oxf*rd shit, sherlock) and that Reid didn't leave of his own accord.

So at best a third hand rumour.

Who gives a fuk. No one cares about your increasingly ridiculous conspiracy theories. They just care about results.

JIM

by JIM » 27 Jan 2018 10:07

Just wait he will get us promotion from Div 1 then he is a hero ,
STAMS THE MAN IN A CRISIS , :idea: :idea: :idea:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jan 2018 10:33

I know Stam signed a new 2 year deal last summer, is next season his last year, or was it on top of his current 2 year deal?

in other words can we get rid at the end of next season? please god yes.

603 posts