The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by muirinho » 19 Jul 2018 14:11

Hound It’s all the same company I think

Yes, it's all Trinity Mirror.

Having looked at the banner at the top of the page, I'm amused to see that Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham etc each have their own "button", but poor old Fulham is tucked away under "Premier League" along with Watford. Perhaps a bit of a statement there about relative importance, or likelihood of sticking around in the PL...

All of the other London clubs (including Reading, boo hiss) are under the Football League dropdown

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2018 14:24

i actually quite like the site. Its pretty readable and easy to navigate. And JLow has quietly become quite decent.

Noted on Fulham and Watford - yep that is a nice touch. I suppose at least with Watford there, we aren't the only non-London club on it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jul 2018 14:27

I think there should be 2 minutes silence to mourn what the Evening Post has finally become.

From the days when papers has some semblance of something worth reading in them...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2018 14:29

Sutekh I think there should be 2 minutes silence to mourn what the Evening Post has finally become.

From the days when papers has some semblance of something worth reading in them...

I used to deliver that paper! Used to love reading our match reports in it every Monday. Sad how times have changed.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 19 Jul 2018 14:59

Old Man Andrews Courtney "Courts" Friday adament that Jem Karacan will not be signing for Oxford because he is Reading through and through. Says it is "highly unlikely".

Cannot wait for this one to come back to bite him, will be glorious.

I meant to link this tweet the other day :lol: Classic Courtney

https://twitter.com/ChronCourtney/statu ... 9209238529

Rucking with the fans too. Nice.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Jul 2018 15:10

The guy is a joke. I don't agree with constant abuse and criticism of people just doing their job, but it's basically impossible not to get wound up be the sheer stupidity of the guy. There's basically no effort to even pretend to be or act like an actual journalist. It's just utter nonsense, the type of thing one of the 16 year olds within Y25 would blurt out when drunk on their 2nd lager down at the Walkabout.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 19 Jul 2018 15:35

LOL @ blocked

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Jul 2018 15:39

The Reverend LOL @ blocked

Hehe, yea been blocked for about 5 months. I kept seeing his tweets if someone replied to him, liked it or obviously RT'd it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2018 19:59

bobby1413
The Reverend LOL @ blocked

Hehe, yea been blocked for about 5 months. I kept seeing his tweets if someone replied to him, liked it or obviously RT'd it.

He's the most hated "journalist" of all time. He stalks the board btw so be prepared for a response.

Hey Courtney (nice name), you're a complete oxf*rd.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Jul 2018 20:12

If he is reading and stalking the board then:

I'd love to see you succeed
I'm sure you're ambitious, you have goals and aspirations
I know nothing about journalism but it does seem like your tweets are off key
They're more like a random fan firing off thoughts than thought out facts ... or even thought out speculation

That's why I blocked you as it was just garbage and I feel it discredits actual news outlets.

It also distracts from potential real stories as the "noise" from your waffle and nothingness tweets just gets in the way

So, There we are. I don't know you, I wish you well, I just wish you'd change the way you promote yourself and readingfc "news"

Good luck

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2018 21:20

Have to say the pointing people to his twitter feed, then writing crap about love island etc isn’t particularly professional

Anyway bit bored of the whole debate now. Bit like the team hoping to see better all round this year - CFs stuff around the preseason and presser were pretty good, hopefully that can be continued along with JLows half decent new pages and content

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 20 Jul 2018 00:57

Hound Have to say the pointing people to his twitter feed, then writing crap about love island etc isn’t particularly professional

Anyway bit bored of the whole debate now. Bit like the team hoping to see better all round this year - CFs stuff around the preseason and presser were pretty good, hopefully that can be continued along with JLows half decent new pages and content

I feel like he is being like Charles Watts is now with his Arsenal reporting. Just giving teaser information in the tweets to get people to visit the site and read the full articles.

Seems to be working because people in the thread are visiting the site so hopefully he keeps up the good work

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Jul 2018 12:52

Courtney Friday suggesting that Brighton signing a player could "pave the way" for Baldock to join us but in the same Tweet point out Brighton's new signing is immediately going out on loan making his earlier statement null and void.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 20 Jul 2018 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2018 13:11

Old Man Andrews Courtnet Friday suggesting that Brighton signing a player could "pave the way" for Baldock to join us but in the same Tweet point out Brighton's new signing is immediately going out on loan making his earlier statement null and void.

Yeh that did make me :roll: He doesn't help himself does he?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2018 13:32

oh dear :(

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jul 2018 19:36

I hear the Chronicle have made a new signing that could pave the way for Courtney to be moved on.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2018 09:24

Courtney "Courts" Friday has provided so much content in the last 24 hours. I urge you all to read his replies and tweets.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jul 2018 11:12

Old Man Andrews Courtney "Courts" Friday has provided so much content in the last 24 hours. I urge you all to read his replies and tweets.

I noticed he was "hearing that Reading are unwilling to pay £1m for Baldock", after a fake Twitter account with about 100 followers posted it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2018 00:07

Courtney Friday labelled sexist after article about inspirational women.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Jul 2018 09:00

Old Man Andrews Courtney Friday labelled sexist after article about inspirational women.

That’s ridiculous though

888 posts