The Local Journo Thread

888 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Local Journo Thread

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2020 13:29

WestYorksRoyal Lots of rumours from local journalists at the moment, but none about full backs. Don't we need more here? What's our plan if Yiadom or Richards is out?

Araruna can cover for Yiadom. We do need a LB though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2020 13:30

WestYorksRoyal Lots of rumours from local journalists at the moment, but none about full backs. Don't we need more here? What's our plan if Yiadom or Richards is out?

Araruna and Bristow.
Tom McIntyre and Morrison have played full back, not sure I’d fancy Morrison against a nippy winger....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Sep 2020 13:31

At the moment, Araruna, Watson and Bristow plus a rumoured link to Ian Maatsen.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Sep 2020 12:31

Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Courtney Friday with some BREAKING news, covering all the rumours that have already been posted on here today.

He got abuse in his inbox for it apparently, been crying about it for the past half hour.

I saw that cry for help from him last night - what an absolute squealer. He acts like the stereotypical hack of the 80s. Unpleasant man.

In terms of how it should be done, step forward Charles Watts. Proper journo. Also looking at his twitter feed, he left us with 6k followers, he now has over 130+k and building. Done very well for himself.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Sep 2020 12:32

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
Pepe the Horseman Courtney Friday with some BREAKING news, covering all the rumours that have already been posted on here today.

He got abuse in his inbox for it apparently, been crying about it for the past half hour.

I saw that cry for help from him last night - what an absolute squealer. He acts like the stereotypical hack of the 80s. Unpleasant man.

In terms of how it should be done, step forward Charles Watts. Proper journo. Also looking at his twitter feed, he left us with 6k followers, he now has over 130+k and building. Done very well for himself.

Works for goal.com now as well, I think.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 12:33

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews

Thing is the guy quit his job as a journalist 2 years ago, he does it off his own back these days and can't hack it when he gets called out on the bullshit he comes out with.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Sep 2020 13:05

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews He got abuse in his inbox for it apparently, been crying about it for the past half hour.

Thing is the guy quit his job as a journalist 2 years ago, he does it off his own back these days and can't hack it when he gets called out on the bullshit he comes out with.

Obvious he had a disgruntled employee who was his contact. He has since left and we all know who that was and now getting info third hand and clearly from here....

Has our Eddie gone from Twitter?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Sep 2020 13:08

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal

Obvious he had a disgruntled employee who was his contact. He has since left and we all know who that was and now getting info third hand and clearly from here....

Has our Eddie gone from Twitter?

No he is still there. I think he may have changed his Twitter handle though, he was getting a lot of attention and requests from various journos and news outlets so changed it to be taken more seriously.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2020 13:11

Yeah Eddie has sold out

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Sep 2020 16:36

I’ve read a lot of people defending Courtney but the last line of this take particularly stunned me considering Courtney has published just as many articles as we all have recently. What IS his job? https://twitter.com/dingfcjamie/status/ ... 01349?s=21

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 17 Sep 2020 16:57

Just a question and please slaughter me if necessary:

Who is Eddie working for? Is he working alone? Or does he have employers in high places?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Sep 2020 17:03

Eddie was independent but is now associated with the Reading chronicle. Writes articles for them. Aside from that he’s living the life of a typical 17 year old.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jan 2022 09:38

BUMP!
Gotta say Benjy Nurick's doing a cracking job so far.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jan 2022 09:57

Pepe the Horseman BUMP!
Gotta say Benjy Nurick's doing a cracking job so far.

Yep, he has been tremendous. Sent him a message the other day congratulating him on the job he has done thus far. He is what journalists have to be these days and that is proactive. He makes things happen for himself, writes original articles and engages with the supporters. He will go on to bigger and better things I am sure.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 11 Jan 2022 10:04

Agree that this new chap Benji seems to be doing a good job and certainly looking to make an impression to our fans on Twitter.

Saw he put a survey out last night which he will no doubt will type a story up about. I noticed the survey allows multiple entries from one IP address which means the data could easily be skewed and the other thing I would note is the results of this survey will of course be very negative (and rightly so) but I think it is very important that once the results are published it is clear that these results may not represent the whole of the fanbase - easy to fall into a trap that the kids on Twitter are the voice of the fanbase just because they shout the loudest.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2022 10:34

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2022 10:44

bcubed https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/19837797.comment-going-reading-football-club/

good article that

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Jan 2022 18:42

Yep agree - the new Chronicle guy looks good, got some great interviews with former players too re 150 aniv before the Luton game was called off.

Low should take note - he's abysmal - just feeds off twitter stuff

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 13:07

Low seems to have given up trying. not even a mention of Moore on his twitter feed.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jan 2022 15:02

Oh yeah. He stopped tweeting after full-time on Saturday, that's weird

888 posts