130 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by 72 bus » 23 Oct 2018 10:02

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
John Smith oxf*rd off you prick

I know you just realised you've lost 5 years of your life, but no need for that.

If you can't take it back, don't dish it out.

I'm fully aware of our position at the moment: the fact is that we have had more recent success than Bolton, whilst they have spent a season in the third tier, as well as finishing below us in one of our worst seasons in 16 years. Whether or not they won a few FA Cups in the 20's is irrelevant to their current standing.

You aren't a Reading supporter Snowflake. Just go and support Liverpool from your armchair you'll be more suited to it.

I don't normally come to Ian's defence but the bloke travels from all the way from Cambridge for our home games, which is a pretty good effort really.
I doubt your mum would let you travel that far on your own.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2018 13:30

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
John Smith oxf*rd off you prick

I know you just realised you've lost 5 years of your life, but no need for that.

If you can't take it back, don't dish it out.

I'm fully aware of our position at the moment: the fact is that we have had more recent success than Bolton, whilst they have spent a season in the third tier, as well as finishing below us in one of our worst seasons in 16 years. Whether or not they won a few FA Cups in the 20's is irrelevant to their current standing.

You aren't a Reading supporter Snowflake. Just go and support Liverpool from your armchair you'll be more suited to it.

:| You appear to be confusing me with someone else.

I've said nothing about comparing us with Bolton, any FA cup wins they may have had, nor Liverpool. I clearly am a Reading fan, and I've never supported Liverpool.

Having a bit of a 'mare here aren't you.

Cheers Bus.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2018 23:01

John Smith in tiresome little bore shock.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 08:33

Yeah of all the things you can throw at Ian not being a Reading supporter isn't one of them.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 28 Oct 2018 09:51

The sun are now reporting that we have lost interest in parky after a dip in form and it would cost too much to get him out of Bolton. Instead we are apparently eyeing up Steve Bruce, as we have the money for his wages somehow

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 28 Oct 2018 10:25

KentRoyal The sun are now reporting that we have lost interest in parky after a dip in form and it would cost too much to get him out of Bolton. Instead we are apparently eyeing up Steve Bruce, as we have the money for his wages somehow

I think he will hang on for something better.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 28 Oct 2018 10:53

Steve Bruce? FFS I'd rather have Fiona Bruce (as RFC Manager that is)...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 11:59

Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

I'd rather stick or Parky for certain.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Oct 2018 15:20

Snowflake Royal Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

How many promotions or even half decent campaigns in this league has Parky had?

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 16:50

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal Well Bruce is experienced at least. This may be unfair, but he strikes me as one of the serial failures who get work based on name and is slowly sliding down the leagues (as we are).

Bruce has a track record in this league and with similar size clubs to us; yes her's had failures but he's about as good as what's out there....

Apples, oranges.

Parky is an up and coming manager, Bruce is a manager in decline. Parky has an existing bond to the club, Bruce doesn't.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Oct 2018 18:03

Mid Sussex Royal

Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.

Orion

by Orion » 28 Oct 2018 18:10

Lower West
Mid Sussex Royal

Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.

The sackings aren't the issue, the wrong appointments in the first place are the issue.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Oct 2018 20:28

Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

Apples, oranges.

Parky is an up and coming manager, Bruce is a manager in decline. Parky has an existing bond to the club, Bruce doesn't.

Up and coming manager?? Do me a favour, he's been around since about 2003 most of which has been in the lower leagues. That bond wouldn't last 5 mins with our fans, look at McDermott part 2.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2018 23:47

Yes, up and coming, having worked his way up the traditional way.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Oct 2018 09:10

Lower West Having a revolving door of managers isn't going to turn around the decline of the club.

Why do some people always mix up a poorly performing team with a 'declining club'?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2018 09:31

Orion
Lower West
Mid Sussex Royal

The sackings aren't the issue, the wrong appointments in the first place are the issue.

Absolutely this.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2018 00:17

Rare greed with SR

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Oct 2018 07:29

It’s a pretty uninspired choice tbh

Let’s look elsewhere please

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Oct 2018 09:21

Hound It’s a pretty uninspired choice tbh

Let’s look elsewhere please

Don't disagree but if it was a choice between Bruce or Parky?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 01 Nov 2018 08:27

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal

Apples, oranges.

Up and coming manager?? Do me a favour, he's been around since about 2003 most of which has been in the lower leagues. That bond wouldn't last 5 mins with our fans, look at McDermott part 2.

Getting Colchester into the Championship was a miracle to be fair. You can't discredit him for that

130 posts