Rumour - Danny Loader

168 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Danny Loader

by Hound » 16 May 2019 20:24

AthleticoSpizz I find it tedious (and a tad-bit insulting) that valid points from ‘intermediates’ are ignored, yet a ‘big-hitter’ says the same/copies it, and it is ‘headline news’

But I’m just “over-sensitive” to quote a big-hitter or two :lol: @ me

Confused by this - who on earth is a ‘big-hitter’ on here?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 May 2019 20:28

AthleticoSpizz I find it tedious (and a tad-bit insulting) that valid points from ‘intermediates’ are ignored, yet a ‘big-hitter’ says the same/copies it, and it is ‘headline news’

:lol: What’s up babes? Lol @ anyone on here being a “big hitter”.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 May 2019 20:35

andrew1957 The truth is Loader "might" go on to be a top player but he also "might" turn out to be another Tishbola - it is too early to tell. If they offered 5M we should probably take it but we should not accept anything less than that. if we sell hopefully Novakovich and Olise can step up instead.

£5m and a season loan back maybe

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2019 20:41

Zip

:lol: What’s up babes? Lol @ anyone on here being a “big hitter”.

You frequently see people making a point that's already been made all over the shop regardless of who made it. It's quite common for people to see a post and reply to it without reading the rest of the thread first.

Weird preciousness.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 16 May 2019 22:43

Don’t really want to lose the lad, but we have to be realistic and if we get £7m plus then we have to take it. We’re in a rebuilding phase and if we are trying to raise money to keep Oliveira then players have to go, and that most likely means ones we’d rather not lose.

IMO it’s more important we don’t lose Rinomhota this summer! He’s the workhorse that’s going to drive us forward.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 May 2019 22:59

Huh, some of the undervaluations on here of Loader are quite frankly staggering. Let's not forget we signed Sone Aluko for 7 million and it wasn't seen as a real "rip off" at the time. Sure there are other comparisons which I can't think of right now. But you get the point...

This is someone who has already played for England and banging the goals in. He must surely have talent or he wouldn't be playing for them. Double figures at an absolute minimum but I'd be looking closer to the 20 million mark. May seem daft but he's got a big future ahead so even for that amount I'd be extremely reluctant

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2019 23:37

URZZZZ Huh, some of the undervaluations on here of Loader are quite frankly staggering. Let's not forget we signed Sone Aluko for 7 million and it wasn't seen as a real "rip off" at the time. Sure there are other comparisons which I can't think of right now. But you get the point...

This is someone who has already played for England and banging the goals in. He must surely have talent or he wouldn't be playing for them. Double figures at an absolute minimum but I'd be looking closer to the 20 million mark. May seem daft but he's got a big future ahead so even for that amount I'd be extremely reluctant

The reaction to Aluko was that it was crazy to spend that much on him from what I remember.

The comparison is daft. £20m is ludicrous.

From Despair To Where? Some Aluko? Showboat Aluko more like.

Great player if you like players who can skin one defender, stepover past the next, put the third defender on his arse with a turn then shin the ball into the stands when there's a team mate free 6yds from goal, begging for the cutback. At £500k, yes but in the current climate, I can't see him costing less than £2-3m and at that price, I'd like to see what Adrian Popa can do first.

If we signed him I'd put money on him being official fan scapegoat by the time the clocks go back.

Hound no agreed. If we could snap him up for <2million, it would be a good signing.

But just not at the expense of using that money to sign a 'proper' centre forward, in the Oliveria/Wells style

genome Bid accepted according to Sky

£7.5m :shock:

CountryRoyal We're not very good at this money stuff are we. It's almost like we've had £8m and just determined to spend it on someone, anyone.

His confirmed thread is a post after post of saying Aluko was overpriced, even from those who thought he'd be a good player.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 16 May 2019 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 May 2019 23:44

I respectfully disagree and that saddens me even thinking an unproven 17 year old should be yielding anywhere near that sort of transfer fee

But you look around some of the fees people now pay for unproven players and it doesn’t sound as daft as you’d imagine

And to be honest I don’t actually think he’s worth 20 million. It’s just I’d be very reluctant to let someone go who has bags of potential and could potentially be worth a lot more than that in a few seasons, and certainly not for some of the fees thrown around here (5 million etc)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 May 2019 23:48

Hold on chaps.

We’re talking Danny Loader here.

5M 15M 20M???? In that case Meites worth between 10 and 50M.

Has the world gone mad?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 May 2019 23:49

Hound

Confused by this - who on earth is a ‘big-hitter’ on here?

Me obviously, you slag.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2019 00:20

leon Hold on chaps.

We’re talking Danny Loader here.

5M 15M 20M???? In that case Meites worth between 10 and 50M.

Has the world gone mad?

Yes.

Danny is an as yet unproven but very talented youngster therefore you should be looking at probably £2/3 million plus various addons at most.

But add in the “PL world has gone mad” factor and it becomes £8/9 million.

Given Gomez knows Santo very well there certainly could be some interesting deals to be had over this one.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2019 06:51

Everyone knows we're struggling with FFP so I can't see him going for more than £5m. It's precisely what we did to clubs like Cambridge and Cork when they needed to money. Jadon Sancho cost Dortmund £8m, there's no way Loader is worth that, let alone double but IF Wolves offered £15m, I'd a) bite their hand off and b) send the men in white coats to Molyneux because he's not worth that.

Add to that, it's more important to get the high earners off the books for FFP and I doubt Loader is one of those so, unless the offer is too good to turn down, which it won't be, or Loader wants the move, I think it would make sense to reject it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2019 07:37

I’d suspect they wouldn’t even return the call if the offer was less than ten tbh

There is obviously crazy money in the prem, and young English players are an absolute premium

Those twins at Norwich went for about 12m each didn’t they? Think that would be the reference

The goal against Boro prob put 5m on his value alone

It’s also worth remembering we are struggling with FFP not financially. Get through this season and we’re good again. We won’t by selling anyone for less than value unless we’re desperate

Other thing - he is in the last year of his contract isn’t he?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 May 2019 07:51

Safe to say Sancho went for an unusually low fee due to his contract situation and the threat he posed to the dressing room harmony. Hudson-Odoi is apparently worth over £35m. Don't think either is a good guide price.

Jacob Murphy is a much better player than Loader. Similar with Maddison. They were young but had also proven themselves to be top-drawer Championship players. £10m plus made sense.

The thought of us rejecting a club record sale for someone who isn't in our strongest XI when our finances are in such a state is hard to entertain. Imagine a few at the club look at the £3m we turned down for Kuhl with misty eyes.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 17 May 2019 08:37

AthleticoSpizz Would be a shame so early in his pro career.

Hopefully, our money-men hold their nerve, offsetting future value and the goals-to-come versus the lure/need of some fast cash.

Shouldn’t think that he’d feature much for them (league cup, early fa cup rounds maybe).

Maybe some kind of loan-back deal (and where his final selling price is based on his goals scored for us next season?)

His brother can play a bit of footy if sh1t comes to shove

Fast cash unfortunately is what we need

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2019 08:51

SCIAG Safe to say Sancho went for an unusually low fee due to his contract situation and the threat he posed to the dressing room harmony. Hudson-Odoi is apparently worth over £35m. Don't think either is a good guide price.

Jacob Murphy is a much better player than Loader. Similar with Maddison. They were young but had also proven themselves to be top-drawer Championship players. £10m plus made sense.

The thought of us rejecting a club record sale for someone who isn't in our strongest XI when our finances are in such a state is hard to entertain. Imagine a few at the club look at the £3m we turned down for Kuhl with misty eyes.

As mentioned, our finances are only in a state due to FFP. IT would be madness to sell someone on the cheap when we just need to get through this season

Jacob Murphy is also 24. I'd expect Loader to be just as good in to a lot better in 6 years time. Wolves wouldn't be buying him for next season

In saying that, a lot probably depends on what offers we have for our other players. If we get to 1st August and haven't been able to offload the deadwood and one of Swift, Moore, Barrow or Meite for a decent fee then the landscape changes

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2019 09:20

Have to say a Hector deal sounds very appealing. A shed load of cash down and back to Reading for a season on loan.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2019 10:25

I don't believe would be offered more than £5m up front for Loader and there are much better ways of alleviating FFP pressure than selling him.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 May 2019 11:43

Sutekh Have to say a Hector deal sounds very appealing. A shed load of cash down and back to Reading for a season on loan.

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but why not sell him and loan him back?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2019 11:44

agreed its not the best way forward

Another reference would be that James chap at Swansea. Bear in mind again he is 3 years older - and only made his debut this year. Shrewsbury wouldn't even play him when he went on loan there last year. £15m seems to be the figure for him.

For Loader to make 22 appearances as an 18 year old...I know they weren't all brilliant, but 5m wouldn't even be considered.

168 posts