Jack Stacey

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jack Stacey

by paultheroyal » 08 Jul 2019 11:30

Hound Massive drop in wages. Guessing McShane, Ilori, Bacuna, Kelly, O Shea, Gunter, Bod, McCleary, Baldock, Aluko, Mannone, Meyler and Bod will be on near 1m p/a . The likes of Joey, Anssi, and McNulty not miles below.

There’s potentially 15m there

Stab in the dark but I calculated last night that the 17 or so released and then factoring in Bacuna equates to about £300k a week!!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Jul 2019 11:31

Is Stacey another Antonio moment?

Are the usual coming out to defend some of our dire financial playing decisions over the years?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 08 Jul 2019 11:45

paultheroyal
Hound Massive drop in wages. Guessing McShane, Ilori, Bacuna, Kelly, O Shea, Gunter, Bod, McCleary, Baldock, Aluko, Mannone, Meyler and Bod will be on near 1m p/a . The likes of Joey, Anssi, and McNulty not miles below.

There’s potentially 15m there

Stab in the dark but I calculated last night that the 17 or so released and then factoring in Bacuna equates to about £300k a week!!!

the 5 Million that Bacuna and Ilori Brought in and the 3-4 million that the players seem to be bringing in now that we are letting go will also help with things I assume aswell.

with wages and player sales just since April we are likely to be a 15.6 million pound a year saving in wages from where we were a year ago and 9 million pound in player sales since this time last year. I would really hope that we start seeing some players coming in now. If not we really are screwed.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jul 2019 12:02

paultheroyal Is Stacey another Antonio moment?

Are the usual coming out to defend some of our dire financial playing decisions over the years?

Only in the sense that they were two 3rd or 4th choice squad players who left because they wanted guaranteed first team football, despite the club offering them improved deals. In both cases, the player chose to leave. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Still, if we do get the £1.3m sell on, that's £7650 for every minute he played for us in the Championship.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 12:23

Not actually seen any confirm of this sell on btw, bar our mate maffff on twitter

Anyone seen any official confirmation?

Stacey did say in an interview himself that Reading didn’t think he could make it at that level

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jul 2019 12:44

Clubs make decisions over young players every year. Sometimes they get it wrong but a lot of times they get it right and sometimes, such as Antonio, the player decides that he doesn't want to wait for his chance and takes the decision out of the club's hands.

We are now in a situation where it's a very good time to be an academy player at Reading because you are going to get a chance and a lot of that is down to factors outside the player's actual ability, but that is a decision that can only be taken on evidence at that particular time.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Jul 2019 13:42

Hound Not actually seen any confirm of this sell on btw, bar our mate maffff on twitter

Anyone seen any official

On BBC Sport transfers page

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 08 Jul 2019 13:43

Stam and his staff moved on Stacey, Fosu, Tanner and Jules because they felt they wouldn't make it at our level. All of them were under contract and could have stayed but accepted that it was better to move on.
You could reasonably argue that the club got three right and one wrong.
In Stacey's case he returned from loan at Exeter hoping to push for a place at right back, having previously been a right winger, but found that the club had accepted an offer for him. He had a long think about what to do, as he had been at Reading since he was a kid, and decided to make the move. He did not agitate for a move.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 13:54

3points
Hound Not actually seen any confirm of this sell on btw, bar our mate maffff on twitter

Anyone seen any official

On BBC Sport transfers page

don't see any mention of a sell on fee?

What I do see is lots of Luton fans thinking he was massively under-priced which is interesting

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jul 2019 14:22

URZZZZ Controversial but I think Mannone is one of the reasons we've done so poorly this season. First game of the season, we battered Derby for 60 minutes, take the lead and lose it straight away because one of his dolly drops. We then lose 2-1 in the last second and pick up 2 points out of 18. A big if but I think had we have held on that game, who knows what might have happened. In the last 6/7 seasons, our highest finishes have coincided with 3 points first game of the season

12/13 - 1 point - 19th
13/14 - 3 points - 7th
14/15 - 1 point - 19th
15/16 - 0 points - 18th
16/17 - 3 points - 3rd
17/18 - 0 points - 19th
18/19 - 0 points - 20th

Don't know the exact positions but roughly that. It may just be coincidence and I'm talking rubbish but there does seem to be some sort of correlation

mmmmmmm… 2005/06 - 0 points from first game. Remind me, what happened in the next 33 :wink:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Jul 2019 16:07

From Despair To Where?

Only in the sense that they were two 3rd or 4th choice squad players who left because they wanted guaranteed first team football, despite the club offering them improved deals. In both cases, the player chose to leave. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Still, if we do get the £1.3m sell on, that's £7650 for every minute he played for us in the Championship.

I understand that part alright, its more to the point that our talent network, management etc do not see the talent and willing to let them go, but happily keep on the likes of many other failed academy products.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Jul 2019 17:11

It's the old "undisclosed" fee again so who knows how much we get if at all.
Bournemouth have spent a fortune on young players over the past 3 seasons and they have been mainly British.
It looks as though they will get £25 million from Villa for Ings who they bought for around £7 million(a fantastic deal with his injury record) but haven't succeeded with every signing with millions spent on players like Mousset, Ibe and the left-back last season.

I am still very envious-if only we had got their Russian rather than the one that the mad man thought had deep pockets.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jul 2019 17:36

BBC stating £4m

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Jul 2019 17:54

paultheroyal
From Despair To Where?

I understand that part alright, its more to the point that our talent network, management etc do not see the talent and willing to let them go, but happily keep on the likes of many other failed academy products.

We weren’t WILLING to let them go, they turned down contracts to go. You can’t stop an out of contract player leaving, it’s not 1962 anymore.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 18:04

I’m confused how Bournemouth managed to extort 25m for stamping oddball Mings

Granted he had a good half a season in the champ, but previously bought for 8m and a serious injury before not making back into the Bournemouth side

Suppose that’s why the big clubs are happy to let their players go out on loan

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 18:06

linkenholtroyal Would be interesting to see the amount we have already taken off the books in the last year, since the beginning of last season. If bod, McNulty, McCleary, baldock and Gunter go we must have halved our wage bill since last summer, with the out of contract players, Bacuna and Ilori already gone. Be interesting to see what we have to play with in the next few weeks.

Halved.
:lol:

It's a good step, but I'd be surprised if we'd knock much more than £5m off from that lot let alone about £15m.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jul 2019 18:59

Snowflake Royal
linkenholtroyal Would be interesting to see the amount we have already taken off the books in the last year, since the beginning of last season. If bod, McNulty, McCleary, baldock and Gunter go we must have halved our wage bill since last summer, with the out of contract players, Bacuna and Ilori already gone. Be interesting to see what we have to play with in the next few weeks.

Halved.

It's a good step, but I'd be surprised if we'd knock much more than £5m off from that lot let alone about £15m.

Exactly. £20,000 a week equates to roughly £1m a year and I doubt too many of our squad are on £20,000+ a week even with silly season under Gourlay.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 19:05

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal

Halved.

Exactly. £20,000 a week equates to roughly £1m a year and I doubt too many of our squad are on £20,000+ a week even with silly season under Gourlay.

TBF, maybe Gunter, McCleary, Bacuna, Aluko, Ilori and Baldock would have been close to that.

But three of them haven't gone anywhere yet and we could easily still be paying some of Aluko's wages (though hopefully not).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 19:19

Didn’t someone work out from our accounts the average first Teamer wage was 850k of something silly

You only need to look at our wage bill to see plenty prob are/were on near 20k p/w

yappy

by yappy » 08 Jul 2019 20:04

Because I was bored, I did a calculation based on the wages from FM (so obviously needs to be treated with a pinch of salt), but for the players that have left since January, it works out as follows:

Illori £25,000
Bacuna £20,000
Mannone £20,000
Edwards £18,000
Aluko £15,000
McShane £12,750
Van Den Berg £10,000
O'Shea £10,000
Clement £7,500
Kelly £6,000
Harriott £6,000
Jaakkola £3,000
Gravenberch £2,500
Sidoel £1,200
Ward £500

Works out to be a weekly total of £157,450 per week, so £8.147mil over the course of a season, but also doesn't factor in whether we are still paying any of Mannone or Aluko's wages and doesn't take into account the likes of Van Den Berg being on loan last season.

For the remaining players listed, it works out as:

Baldock £20,000
McCleary £20,000
Gunter £15,000
Popa £13,500
Bodvarsson £12,000
Meyler £10,000
McNulty £4,500

Another £95,000 per week to be saved, or £4.940mil over the season.