Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

150 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by morganb » 09 Jul 2019 12:24

Coppells Lost Coat Are we seriously going to have no ginger players next season?

Have you not seen Michael Olise's new do?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Jul 2019 12:36

morganb
Coppells Lost Coat Are we seriously going to have no ginger players next season?

Have you not seen Michael Olise's new do?

NO!!! I had not.

Good lad. Problem solved.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Jul 2019 12:38

One of the other benefits of Ejaria was he had a massive work rate and covered huge amounts of ground. I think his ability to track back down the left side did, to some extent, allow Barrow to be freed up from defensive duties. And therefore, we got more out of Barrow as well imho

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jul 2019 13:26

Nameless Would you put Olise ahead of Barrett as a third choice winger ?
Neither of them are in any way a traditional Glenn Little style winger but Barrett is probably closer, or at least has been asked to play more of the genuine wide role of late. I’ve not seen Olise play out wide, for me he is very much an ‘inside forward’. Positions seem so much more fluid these days and often hard to really pin down where some players fit in but for me Olise should be part of the first team set up this season although probably not as a starter. Fitting him, Loader, Swift, Barrow, Ejariah , Barrett and Meite around Oliviera/Novacovic would be quite challenging but shows we potentially have decent depth in the ‘supporting forward’ areas.

Don't disagree with any of that.

Barrett looks the better player in the U23s (unsurprising given the age gap) but Olise has really impressed me in his first team appearances. No real telling contributions but totally at home on the pitch.

Very hard to pin Barrett down, changed man under Gomes but for all his ability I think those weaknesses (as much as he's working on them) will probably mean his career more closely resembles Caskey or Little. Whereas Olise I think could be a Webb or Gylfi who goes on to better things.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2019 18:40

Nameless Would you put Olise ahead of Barrett as a third choice winger ?
Neither of them are in any way a traditional Glenn Little style winger but Barrett is probably closer, or at least has been asked to play more of the genuine wide role of late. I’ve not seen Olise play out wide, for me he is very much an ‘inside forward’. Positions seem so much more fluid these days and often hard to really pin down where some players fit in but for me Olise should be part of the first team set up this season although probably not as a starter. Fitting him, Loader, Swift, Barrow, Ejariah , Barrett and Meite around Oliviera/Novacovic would be quite challenging but shows we potentially have decent depth in the ‘supporting forward’ areas.

I'd have Olise ahead of Barrett all day long personally.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2019 18:43

paultheroyal
Hound
paultheroyal Keeper and Oliviera are a done deal - I don't know yet about the other 2.

Good stuff, know you mentioned Oliveira has been done for a while

Guessing it is from Diaby, Ejaria and Galeno for the other spots

Not wanted at Norwich but still employed by them, he has had guarantee's from us but players need to move on to balance.

I'd like to see Ejaria back, that should happen, Miazga also.

Either way, exciting times.

If you're right, I'll love you forever and a day. Those three back would do a hell of a lot to fix us.

CM and GK would still be of concern to me. But that's really boost our chances.

Louis Stagg

by Louis Stagg » 09 Jul 2019 21:28

paultheroyal Keeper and Oliviera are a done deal - I don't know yet about the other 2.

Are you guessing Oliviera is a done deal mate or do you know?

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 09 Jul 2019 23:05

New one for you, via maffff - centre back ‪Frederico Venâncio‬.

Rio Ave are also watching him. We were interested a couple of years ago and he went to Wednesday on loan. They’d take him back so he can’t have done too badly.

His current manager is running the rule over him and will make a decision to keep and loan, or sell.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 09 Jul 2019 23:06

Louis Stagg

Are you guessing Oliviera is a done deal mate or do you know?

100% done deal. Still training with us as well. Just needs rubber stamping due to finances etc ...

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 Jul 2019 23:07

Paul is generally itk

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 10 Jul 2019 04:07

paultheroyal
Hound

Not wanted at Norwich but still employed by them, he has had guarantee's from us but players need to move on to balance.

Sheeeeeit.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jul 2019 10:15

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Hound

If you're right, I'll love you forever and a day. Those three back would do a hell of a lot to fix us.

CM and GK would still be of concern to me. But that's really boost our chances.

I gotta double down on this love. Paul. If you are correct I will sacrifice my first born in your name.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 11 Jul 2019 07:54

Nelson Oliviera off to AEK Athens for a million euro a year according to Get Reading.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 11 Jul 2019 08:24

UpNorth Nelson Oliviera off to AEK Athens for a million euro a year according to Get Reading.

If you divide 1 million by 52 weeks it works out at 19230 a week which is similar to some of the rumoured wages for our top earners...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jul 2019 08:47

UpNorth Nelson Oliviera off to AEK Athens for a million euro a year according to Get Reading.

I only saw it state that he had an offer and was weighing up his options as doesn't really want to play in the Greek League.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 11 Jul 2019 18:07

morganb

If you divide 1 million by 52 weeks it works out at 19230 a week which is similar to some of the rumoured wages for our top earners...

Income tax rate higher in greece aswell only by 5% but still enough to make a difference. to be honest to match it with the conversion rate between euro to pound it would be approx 16k a week needed to compete against that.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 11 Jul 2019 19:34

Ejaria is not in either of the teams to play Tranmere. Seeing as the first team are, on the whole, still away (Mane, Salah, Firmino etc) that makes him arguably not even in Liverpool's third XI. Could this also be a 'done-deal'?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Jul 2019 20:25

PistolPete Ejaria is not in either of the teams to play Tranmere. Seeing as the first team are, on the whole, still away (Mane, Salah, Firmino etc) that makes him arguably not even in Liverpool's third XI. Could this also be a 'done-deal'?

Yes he is going to Leeds.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Jul 2019 21:40

Looks like the club are about to announce a signing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2019 21:47

tidus_mi2 Looks like the club are about to announce a signing.

At this time of night ?

150 posts