Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

150 posts
Wallsy

Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by Wallsy » 08 Jul 2019 13:50

So who do you think they’ll be?

I’ll have a punt at Boadu, Oliveira, Ejaria and ..... Phil from the ticket office.

KentRoyal

Re: Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by KentRoyal » 08 Jul 2019 16:54

My moneys on Ian royal

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 08 Jul 2019 16:57

The Everton goalie

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2019 17:07

I really do think Oliveira might be one. He posted all that "fake news" stuff on Jnstagram about a move back to Portugal. I reckon Gomes told him to give us a few weeks to move some players out and we will agree your wage demands.

Obviously the the keeper is one too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 17:24

NewCorkSeth I really do think Oliveira might be one. He posted all that "fake news" stuff on Jnstagram about a move back to Portugal. I reckon Gomes told him to give us a few weeks to move some players out and we will agree your wage demands.

Yep and I suspect Boadu will be the third with possibly Ejaria if we get four in.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2019 17:27

Zip
NewCorkSeth I really do think Oliveira might be one. He posted all that "fake news" stuff on Jnstagram about a move back to Portugal. I reckon Gomes told him to give us a few weeks to move some players out and we will agree your wage demands.

Yep and I suspect Boadu will be the third with possibly Ejaria if we get four in.

I would love Ejaria back. He looked like a star in the making. I haven't been as impressed by any of our other highly rated young loan stars (Ake, Chalobah) as I was by him.

He would offer reliable cover in 4 positions and has the potential to push for a starting spot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 17:31

Well Kelly is confirmed gone along with Sidoel. That’s hopefully funding at least a couple of loans imminently

Think a fair bit depends on Kia’s influence. If so he could dig us up a couple of decent players potentially outside of the ones we already know

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 17:39

NewCorkSeth
Zip

I would love Ejaria back. He looked like a star in the making. I haven't been as impressed by any of our other highly rated young loan stars (Ake, Chalobah) as I was by him.

He would offer reliable cover in 4 positions and has the potential to push for a starting spot.

He has huge potential. Like you and I would be very happy to see him back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 17:55

NewCorkSeth
Zip

Very surprised by this. Think you massively overrated his versatility.

Thought he looked good in AM, mixed wide and not much more than tolerable for brief cover in the middle. Bags of talent and potential, but rather lacking in judgement to be in the thick of it (though that will come).

Would say he was on a par with Chalobah and miles behind Bertrand.

Be delighted to have him at AM ahead of Swift.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2019 17:57

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Thought he looked good in AM, mixed wide and not much more than tolerable for brief cover in the middle. Bags of talent and potential, but rather lacking in judgement to be in the thick of it (though that will come).

Chalobah was solid but hardly exceptional in his time here.

I liked what I saw from Ejaria. Guess we just saw different things about him!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 18:01

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I would love Ejaria back. He looked like a star in the making. I haven't been as impressed by any of our other highly rated young loan stars (Ake, Chalobah) as I was by him.

He’s got remarkably quick feet and great close skills. A bit sloppy with his passing at times but overall a player who can go a long way. He will be a real asset if we can get him back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 18:03

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I would love Ejaria back. He looked like a star in the making. I haven't been as impressed by any of our other highly rated young loan stars (Ake, Chalobah) as I was by him.

I agree with all three of those sentences. :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 18:05

I liked Ejaria, but felt there was a lot more to come from him. Would happily see him back in CM alongside Rino and Swift

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2019 18:08

Hound I liked Ejaria, but felt there was a lot more to come from him. Would happily see him back in CM alongside Rino and Swift

The feeling that there was more to come from him is what I liked most about him. He looked like with a bit of coaching he could be exceptionally good.

There honestly not many players I've seen play a few times I could say that about.

Course I'm just a bystander and could be totally wrong about him. He might turn out shite.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 18:09

If Swift stays he needs to be much more productive. The defensive side of his game improved under Gomes tbf

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 18:10

I thought Swift was good under Gomes personally. If we have a good season, expect he’ll be a big part of it

Granted he was pretty crap under PC and just injured constantly under Stam

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jul 2019 18:11

Zip If Swift stays he needs to be much more productive. The defensive side of his game improved under Gomes tbf

Because he was asked to do less defending. Even Hazard struggled to be at his best when, in Jose's second season back at Chelsea, he upped his defensive duties.

I think Swift looked better because, with Rinomhota behind him, he was given more opportunity to stay in the opposition gaps.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2019 18:12

Hound I liked Ejaria, but felt there was a lot more to come from him. Would happily see him back in CM alongside Rino and Swift

I'd worry about it being rather soft with both Eja and Swift. A more creative but still flaky Bacuna, Kelly, Swift alike.

Maybe I'm not giving Ejaria enough credit on his presence and judgement though.

Think Rino could do with a proper solid partner, ideally with a more experience. Asking him to dominate at this level is a lot.

It'll be nice to have something certain and positive to talk about

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 18:18

I think Ejaria was a bit tougher than people credit him for. He’s quite a big lad and physical enough

Agree I’d prob rather a Baker (though stats wise his defensive contribution was no better than Ovie’s) or a Eza style lump but don’t think that’s Gomes’ style

Agree on the lack of experience being an issue though - esp if Swift gets injured again

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2019 18:24

NewCorkSeth
Zip If Swift stays he needs to be much more productive. The defensive side of his game improved under Gomes tbf

Because he was asked to do less defending. Even Hazard struggled to be at his best when, in Jose's second season back at Chelsea, he upped his defensive duties.

I think Swift looked better because, with Rinomhota behind him, he was given more opportunity to stay in the opposition gaps.

:lol: I think you would like to have babies with Johnny Swift.

150 posts