257 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Any more out the door?

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 09:13

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal
Stranded
Nova has 1 year left on his deal, If he isn't playing, he isn't staying beyond that. His star is still high in the Netherlands, so we should sell if Puscas arrives as expected.

The other 3 - Loader also in last year and not made any noises that he'll sign a new deal - would actually be ok with it if the club decided to get some money for him now.

Olise will be on the bench more often that not, McIntyre may be less so as Morrison offers cover at CB and full back.

McIntyre should 1000% stay. He looks good enough. Miazga is on loan. Morrison is a bit older. McIntyre may well be a first team player next season, and we should give him first team exposure this year to aid development.

Oh he should stay, just not sure he'll be involved massively. He could possibly even benefit from a 6 month loan at a top half L1 side.

Would he get a loan at a top half L1 side ? Managers won’t take a young inexperienced centreback on loan and give them consistent games in central defence. He’s probably get a move to a struggling side but teams expecting to do well will have their most important position well sorted or be looking for experience. I think he’ll stay and should be 1st choice to come in if we get an injury (we can have him and Morrison on the bench or could use Morrison on the bench and let McIntyre keep match ready playing in the U23s

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2019 09:24

Nameless
Stranded
WestYorksRoyal McIntyre should 1000% stay. He looks good enough. Miazga is on loan. Morrison is a bit older. McIntyre may well be a first team player next season, and we should give him first team exposure this year to aid development.

Oh he should stay, just not sure he'll be involved massively. He could possibly even benefit from a 6 month loan at a top half L1 side.

Would he get a loan at a top half L1 side ? Managers won’t take a young inexperienced centreback on loan and give them consistent games in central defence. He’s probably get a move to a struggling side but teams expecting to do well will have their most important position well sorted or be looking for experience. I think he’ll stay and should be 1st choice to come in if we get an injury (we can have him and Morrison on the bench or could use Morrison on the bench and let McIntyre keep match ready playing in the U23s

Possibly not but clubs will be aware he was essentially first choice during pre-season and didn't look out of place - I don't think any of us would have been concerned if he had started last weekend. He will be known to most L1 clubs but the question would be if we feel his development is best served playing 1st team football every week or continuing to progress with us and pressurising the more experienced CBs ahead of him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2019 09:58

Yeah of all the young players, McIntyre and Olise are the ones I’d most like to keep hold of. Loan for Tom is fine if we can recall

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 10:07

Stupid question maybe but why wouldn't we loan out McIntyre? Surely it would be better for him to get regular football? We can insert a recall clause if needs be.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 10:35

NotARacist Stupid question maybe but why wouldn't we loan out McIntyre? Surely it would be better for him to get regular football? We can insert a recall clause if needs be.

Well first reason might be he doesn’t want to go on loan. It’s hardly been a great option for many of our youngsters and he could end up on the bench for a poor side living in a hotel in a town where he knows no one and has no future.
He may have no more chance of regular football than he does here. We’ve sent kids on loans in the past where they were supposed to get regular games and they barely got a look in.
If he stays he will get first team games, it would be pretty rare for 2 centrebacks to go all season without injuries or suspensions (Sonko and Ivan being exceptions).
If he stays he’ll be training with good centre backs, coached by a very good centre back and with some decent attacking players. He won’t get better coaching in a lower league.

Suspect his move to FGR Will be announced this afternoon !

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 10:37

Nameless
NotARacist Stupid question maybe but why wouldn't we loan out McIntyre? Surely it would be better for him to get regular football? We can insert a recall clause if needs be.

Well first reason might be he doesn’t want to go on loan. It’s hardly been a great option for many of our youngsters and he could end up on the bench for a poor side living in a hotel in a town where he knows no one and has no future.
He may have no more chance of regular football than he does here. We’ve sent kids on loans in the past where they were supposed to get regular games and they barely got a look in.
If he stays he will get first team games, it would be pretty rare for 2 centrebacks to go all season without injuries or suspensions (Sonko and Ivan being exceptions).
If he stays he’ll be training with good centre backs, coached by a very good centre back and with some decent attacking players. He won’t get better coaching in a lower league.

The issue for me is we have 3 CBs ahead of him. How much of a loom in will he get? Potentially the training with the first team could benefit him more than the loan but if he is as good as people think then surely some first team football in league 2/lower league 1 is a guarantee?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 10:43

NotARacist
Nameless

The issue for me is we have 3 CBs ahead of him. How much of a loom in will he get? Potentially the training with the first team could benefit him more than the loan but if he is as good as people think then surely some first team football in league 2/lower league 1 is a guarantee?

How do you work out that there are 3 ahead of him ?
How do you get a guarantee of football in another team ?
Managers decide what will benefit their team, not how they can help a youngster from another club develop. Taking a young centreback with no experience is going to be a risk, even if he is very good. If you are short of a centre back you go for an experienced pro. There may be an opportunity but Osho had a rubbish loan because Rovers decided to give one of their youngsters the experience and Iforget which of our young centre backs got stitched up at Pompey when the promised game time just never materialisec

StellaPlease

by StellaPlease » 07 Aug 2019 10:45

Any club needs 4 CB's. He is very young and will get chances and realistically, he has only been around the first team for less than a year.

He's in the perfect position.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 10:46

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless Well first reason might be he doesn’t want to go on loan. It’s hardly been a great option for many of our youngsters and he could end up on the bench for a poor side living in a hotel in a town where he knows no one and has no future.

Managers decide what will benefit their team, not how they can help a youngster from another club develop. Taking a young centreback with no experience is going to be a risk, even if he is very good. If you are short of a centre back you go for an experienced pro. There may be an opportunity but Osho had a rubbish loan because Rovers decided to give one of their youngsters the experience and Iforget which of our young centre backs got stitched up at Pompey when the promised game time just never materialisec

Moore, Miazga and Morrison. It's pretty clear cut for the moment.

Sure I agree loans can fail. But so can sitting around not playing.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 10:47

NotARacist
Nameless
NotARacist The issue for me is we have 3 CBs ahead of him. How much of a loom in will he get? Potentially the training with the first team could benefit him more than the loan but if he is as good as people think then surely some first team football in league 2/lower league 1 is a guarantee?

It really isn’t clear cut that Morrison is ahead of him.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 10:50

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless

If our club is paying a 31 CB 15-20k a week to be 4th choice then we frankly deserve a points deduction.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 10:54

NotARacist
Nameless
NotARacist Moore, Miazga and Morrison. It's pretty clear cut for the moment.

If our club is paying a 31 CB 15-20k a week to be 4th choice then we frankly deserve a points deduction.

How do you know that is what he is being paid ?
Gomes selects the team, Gomes rates McIntyre, Gomes didn’t pick Morrison as a signing. McIntyre started the Chelsea game, Morrison didn’t, both were on the bench on Saturday. I’d say at worst they are both backups but there is nothing to say Morrison automatically gets the nod ahead of McIntyre.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Aug 2019 11:13

Hound Yeah of all the young players, McIntyre and Olise are the ones I’d most like to keep hold of. Loan for Tom is fine if we can recall

You can't recall loans for outfield players unless the other team agrees.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 11:18

Platypuss
Hound Yeah of all the young players, McIntyre and Olise are the ones I’d most like to keep hold of. Loan for Tom is fine if we can recall

You can't recall loans for outfield players unless the other team agrees.

Presumably they indicate their agreement by signing a contract with a suitable clause included ?
Although I’d imagine many clubs would not sign up if the player might disappear at a moment’s notice.

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 11:31

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless

Gomes selects the team, Gomes rates McIntyre, Gomes didn’t pick Morrison as a signing. McIntyre started the Chelsea game, Morrison didn’t, both were on the bench on Saturday. I’d say at worst they are both backups but there is nothing to say Morrison automatically gets the nod ahead of McIntyre.

I'm the club accountant.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 11:39

NotARacist
Nameless
NotARacist If our club is paying a 31 CB 15-20k a week to be 4th choice then we frankly deserve a points deduction.

I'm the club accountant.

Thread reported to club data protection officer.
Better clear your desk....l

biff

by biff » 07 Aug 2019 11:45

Nameless
NotARacist
Nameless

I'm the club accountant.

Club data protection officer here. I'll allow it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Aug 2019 11:47

biff
Nameless
NotARacist I'm the club accountant.

Hang on, I own the club and if I say he was wrong I expect you to back me up.
Starting to wish I’d bought Oxford....

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 07 Aug 2019 11:48

biff
Nameless

:lol:

NotARacist

by NotARacist » 07 Aug 2019 11:48

biff
Nameless

Cheers mate x

257 posts