Rumour: Leo Bonatini

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Leo Bonatini

by Hound » 26 Jul 2019 09:58

maybe so. But obvs also gives other clubs the chance to snap them up first. its risky

Checked his record from a couple of years back.

28(12) appearances, 12 goals, 5 assists. WhoScored rating of 6.83.

Its pretty good that.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 26 Jul 2019 10:01

What's not to like?

Léo Bonatini Characteristics + Strengths
Holding on to the ball - Very Strong
Passing - Very Strong
Finishing - Strong
Through balls - Strong
Key passes - Strong
Defensive contribution - Strong

Weaknesses - (Player has no significant weaknesses)

Léo Bonatini's Style of Play - Indirect set-piece threat - Likes to play long balls - Likes to do layoffs

*Whoscored

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jul 2019 12:32

Linden Jones' Tash As I've never heard of him, I just did the usual checking him out on YouTube.

His Wolves goals mostly appear to fall into the 'picking up scraps category, i.e. others do all the work and he bundles the ball in after a save or a ricochet.

I'm not saying that's a bad trait to have, but he's no Nelson O.... and doesn't Baldock offer the above?

Let’s be realistic here, Baldock offers absolutely fcuk all, he’s a complete waste of space.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jul 2019 12:35

Pepe the Horseman
Hound
Stranded
He has done a lot, lot, better than that over the past couple of weeks.

yep, and doesn't he like reminding everyone of it :lol:

"As EXCLUSIVELY revealed by ME"

I love it when journos do this.

Literally noone cares if you were the first to reveal it.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Jul 2019 13:06

CountryRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash As I've never heard of him, I just did the usual checking him out on YouTube.

His Wolves goals mostly appear to fall into the 'picking up scraps category, i.e. others do all the work and he bundles the ball in after a save or a ricochet.

I'm not saying that's a bad trait to have, but he's no Nelson O.... and doesn't Baldock offer the above?

Let’s be realistic here, Baldock offers absolutely fcuk all, he’s a complete waste of space.

significantly taller than Sam B - similar height to NO

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2019 13:42

Like the sound of this one. 25 year old, Brazilian striker with a bit of height too so something to aim for when you need to go long.

And I think a “living off the scraps” type of player might be ideal as it seems to me Reading are not too bad at creating it’s just the not having a striker in the right place at the right time that makes it look so bad.

Presuming his one failing maybe a lack of pace?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jul 2019 13:51

This could be a really good signing. I remember seeing him play for Wolves and he looked like a decent/clever striker to me. Saying that I think Wolves fans moaned when they signed him permanently.

Gomes being Portuguese could also help if the lad has lost his confidence, as there won’t be any language barriers.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jul 2019 14:07

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews
On transfer fees.

loan fees, or big wages.

rumours are that even with the loans we have had, their parent clubs are again paying the majority, if not all

I think that would be the case with Bonatini too. There are a lot of out of favour strikers in the Premier League/at top Championship sides worth going for though, Bonatini just being one of them. We might be better off waiting until near the end of the loan window when clubs are desperate to offload, could get a better deal out of it.

Would imagine Wolves will be happy to pay the majority (if not all) his wages. He has no future there, so might as well let him get a season playing at a level he is suited too and either persuade us to sign him next summer or entice a bid from someone else.

If he doesn't go on loan, he is unlikely to be in the Wolves 25 so will essentially be paying for him to train.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Jul 2019 14:10

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Hound
loan fees, or big wages.

rumours are that even with the loans we have had, their parent clubs are again paying the majority, if not all

I think that would be the case with Bonatini too. There are a lot of out of favour strikers in the Premier League/at top Championship sides worth going for though, Bonatini just being one of them. We might be better off waiting until near the end of the loan window when clubs are desperate to offload, could get a better deal out of it.

Would imagine Wolves will be happy to pay the majority (if not all) his wages. He has no future there, so might as well let him get a season playing at a level he is suited too and either persuade us to sign him next summer or entice a bid from someone else.

If he doesn't go on loan, he is unlikely to be in the Wolves 25 so will essentially be paying for him to train.
It depends if anyone else is interested. If it's just us, I agree we can get a good deal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2019 14:14

agree on both counts.

It's why we are interested I suspect, because he will not cost a lot (if anything) and its completely within his and Wolves interest for him to have a great season with us

The thinking is correct - just whether he is up to it

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Jul 2019 15:01

I read somewhere that when a youth he went to Juventus who thought he might be the next Pele

(The great one, not Clement...)

Two very favourable comments on a Forest thread from Wolves fans saying he was a top bloke and a top player

Also, though his twelve goal stint looks like he was good at grabbing scrappy goals from flicks, saves, whatever, he does a lot of excellent running during the move that makes the goal

There is a longer You Tube video which first shows those goals then shows misses, saves, assists etc

With a tiny bit more rub of the green he could easily have got 20+ goals there

I note that Transfrmkt reckons he is worth 4 million Euros. Had he got 20 goals that year you could treble that

Not a target man but if he is fit, injury-free and in the right headspace I could see him getting a lot of goals for us

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Jul 2019 16:20

I dunno. When have we ever loaned a striker over a full season who has actually scored goals for us?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2019 17:50

Hound Seems like Howe said in an interview that we are looking for a striker

Would genuinely be interested in who people think we are going to pick up that would be ‘better than Sam Baldock’

We’ve no money to spend. We’re basically gambling on a 19 year old prem youth Teamer or someone who has failed in recent history like a Jordan Hugill (who is prob still too expensive)

Baldock simply isn't suited to the way we want to play a striker, so it would be quite easy to pick up someone who might be considered lesser quality, but actually performs the role we want much better.

Our biggest problem is still midfield by an absolute mile though.

StellaPlease

Remember: Rumour: Leo Bonatini

by StellaPlease » 26 Jul 2019 18:07

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Hound
loan fees, or big wages.

Your post makes no sense at all.

Why would wolves let us have him for free if he has zero chance of ever playing for them again anyway. If it was a young player and we were giving him a year of first team football, that would be a benefit to them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2019 18:45

So they can sell him to us if he does well?

At present no one will want to buy him. We added a ton of money to our loanees value last year by giving them a game every week

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 28 Jul 2019 21:03

Would be delighted if we land him on a season long loan. Maybe with an option to buy if he does well.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Jul 2019 13:53

Apparently the player has filmed himself at Gigg Lane the home of Bury. That just doesn’t make sense.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2019 13:55

blythspartan Apparently the player has filmed himself at Gigg Lane the home of Bury. That just doesn’t make sense.

Given Bury are under a transfer embargo, no.

He's probably just training/using some facilities there.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2019 14:03

blythspartan Apparently the player has filmed himself at Gigg Lane the home of Bury. That just doesn’t make sense.

Seems to be to do with a new pair of boots.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Jul 2019 20:18

It's more likely that he's buying the club than the other way around.