Phil Parkinson is waiting.

49 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Phil Parkinson is waiting.

by karbota » 02 Sep 2019 21:10

Phil Parkinson is now a free agent, mad dog Allen is now a free agent. Its time to forget the shiny shoes and greasy hair mercenaries, time to put a bit of passion back into our club, also time to put the club back into English ownership. please Sir John, please buy back our heritage our identity, our beloved Club.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Phil Parkinson is waiting.

by Forbury Lion » 03 Sep 2019 10:09

I believe Mark McGhee is available too and it wouldn't take too much cash to buy the housing estate on the old Elm Park site and rebuild Elm Park to the same standard it was when we left it.
Adie WIlliams and Mick Gooding seem to be free on most match days too with nothing better to do than talk about the game so get them back in the starting line up.

Sometimes making changes for nostalgia reasons works, in this case and in your case I don't think they will.

Sir John doesn't want to buy the club back, he said it's been for sale since the day he bought it only it has to be to a Billionaire, not a Millionaire as he can't afford to support it.

Phil Parkinson - Great player, Nice chap, Maybe another time he might be the right manager at the right time but not now
Passion - Have you been to any games recently? - It's better on the pitch and off the pitch than anytime since McDermott's first departure.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Sep 2019 10:16

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Sep 2019 12:33

karbota Phil Parkinson is now a free agent, mad dog Allen is now a free agent. Its time to forget the shiny shoes and greasy hair mercenaries, time to put a bit of passion back into our club, also time to put the club back into English ownership. please Sir John, please buy back our heritage our identity, our beloved Club.

The long awaited Wednesday 4th September tomorrow........kids go back to school.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Sep 2019 13:12

karbota Phil Parkinson is now a free agent, mad dog Allen is now a free agent. Its time to forget the shiny shoes and greasy hair mercenaries, time to put a bit of passion back into our club, also time to put the club back into English ownership. please Sir John, please buy back our heritage our identity, our beloved Club.

I want Britain to be back British #farage#brexitmeensbrexit

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Sep 2019 13:40

Is he trying to catch the No16 bus?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Sep 2019 15:30

oxf*rd off (relatively) Newbie!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Sep 2019 15:47

Bring back 'anging as well.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Sep 2019 16:31

That's 6 seconds of my life I won't be getting back. Not the first time I've said that either :lol:

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Sep 2019 17:10

Ranty McRantface That's 6 seconds of my life I won't be getting back. Not the first time I've said that either :lol:

That's what she said.....

sorry had to

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2019 17:49

IF Gomes goes any time soon, Parky would still be towards the top of my list of replacements.

No reason to think Gomes is going anywhere for a while though.

SJM can't afford us and is getting dangerously close to losing the plot territory though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2019 18:00

Has Gomes got greasy hair then?

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Sep 2019 18:01

Snowflake Royal IF Gomes goes any time soon, Parky would still be towards the top of my list of replacements.

No reason to think Gomes is going anywhere for a while though.

SJM can't afford us and is getting dangerously close to losing the plot territory though.

I love Parky. He was one of favourite players back in the day. I would absolutely love it from a fans perspective to have him back as manager. But taking that biased and rather narrow view out I think it would be a terrible move. The players all the way from the 1st team to the academy play a certain way. Their best attributes are suited to a certain way. If you then employ a coach with a very "traditionally English" philosophy you are making the job even harder, the club will have to spend a lot more getting those players to fit in with that change in style and you are making it needlessly difficult for an academy player to transition from a cultured style to essentially playing hoofball. Not that I am comparing us to Citeh but you would not replace Pep with Mourinho (1st Chelsea Era). There is a lot more to getting the right guy in than just what the fans would like. It has to fit the club financially, philosophically in our case and long term.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 03 Sep 2019 18:02

linkenholtroyal
Ranty McRantface That's 6 seconds of my life I won't be getting back. Not the first time I've said that either :lol:

That's what she said.....

sorry had to

No need to apologise. I enjoy a good that's what she said moment :lol:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Sep 2019 20:04

Luckily by the time Gomes goes some struggling league one/two side will likely have taken a punt on Parky.

Don't get me wrong - playing legend but look at what fans of clubs he's managed have said about him (even Bolton last season).

He'd tarnish his image here as a player if he ever came back and the championship is not his level

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2019 20:07

Zip

Good god no! Just look at him!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Sep 2019 20:58

Hendo
Zip

Good god no! Just look at him!

Well quite Hendo my old bean.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Sep 2019 21:47

‘ course it’s greasy - he’s foreign isn’t he?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 04 Sep 2019 08:00

Facts, back in 106 our record breaking season we had an English manager, English Chairman and a majority English/ British squad.
The last time we were promoted in 2011-2012 we had an English manager, English Chairman and a majority English /British squad.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2019 09:00

Oh great...... Which one is it?

49 posts