Rumour - Liam Moore to West Brom

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Liam Moore to West Brom

by royalp-we » 28 Dec 2019 16:38

Sky Sports this afternoon reporting that West Brom are eyeing Liam Moore on a permanent in January.

BAGGIES TARGET MOORE DEAL

West Brom are hoping to sign Reading skipper Liam Moore on a permanent deal in January.

Baggies manager Slaven Bilic is looking to strengthen his squad next month and feel the 26-year old former Leicester centre-back will significantly strengthen their defensive options.

Young Irishman Dara O’Shea has deputised in central defence after Kyle Bartley twisted his ankle earlier this month against Brentford.
Last edited by royalp-we on 28 Dec 2019 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Liam Moore to West Brom

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Dec 2019 16:41

For the first time I am not 100% opposed to us letting him go. I dont think the owners will want it and he has gotten better of late but with the switch to the back 4 and all I wouldn't be upset as long as the money made sense. 10 million minimum right?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 28 Dec 2019 16:51

Likewise. Plus if it means Bowen, or someone else, gets a better summer budget to mount a challenge it would make sense.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2019 16:53

Yay waiting for some dodgy rumours to restart

Wouldn’t be too upset on this tbh. Been a good servant and if he wants to go then fair enough

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2019 17:32

He’s under contract for another 2 years at least isn’t he so should be a truly serious wedge to prise him away that would aid rebuilding across the team. How much of any fee would be up front though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Dec 2019 17:50

Think he could probably use a fresh challenge. Much improved on the start of the season and previous year, but probably one of our best value players and far from irreplaceable. He'd be mad not to go if we accepted an offer, and I think it would be a strange choice to turn down big money for him a second time.

We've got McIntyre and Blackett as ready made replacements in a back three and cover for Miazga and Morrison in a back 4. We could probably do with trimming the squad and budget a bit, and if it allowed us to buy Miazga I'd be pretty stoked.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Dec 2019 18:04

Snowflake Royal Think he could probably use a fresh challenge. Much improved on the start of the season and previous year, but probably one of our best value players and far from irreplaceable. He'd be mad not to go if we accepted an offer, and I think it would be a strange choice to turn down big money for him a second time.

We've got McIntyre and Blackett as ready made replacements in a back three and cover for Miazga and Morrison in a back 4. We could probably do with trimming the squad and budget a bit, and if it allowed us to buy Miazga I'd be pretty stoked.

Although I do reckon Miazga is probably earning more at Chelsea than Moore earns with us so we would have to get one hell of a deal on the transfer fee for this to work out positively.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Dec 2019 20:03

Moore has been a great signing. One of the very best in the past decade, I would prefer him to stay but WBA are a good club and it would be a sensible move for him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2019 20:20

Birmingham mail reckons it’s nonsense

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Dec 2019 21:50

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Think he could probably use a fresh challenge. Much improved on the start of the season and previous year, but probably one of our best value players and far from irreplaceable. He'd be mad not to go if we accepted an offer, and I think it would be a strange choice to turn down big money for him a second time.

Although I do reckon Miazga is probably earning more at Chelsea than Moore earns with us so we would have to get one hell of a deal on the transfer fee for this to work out positively.

He'll have to take a pay cut most places he can go.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Dec 2019 23:38

oxf*rd this shit. Another Championship team, even if they're better than us. Stupid money or fcuk off.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2019 00:44

Ho-hum £

No loss

Hardly exactly changed our destiny for the better thus far

Easily replaceable

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Dec 2019 09:03

I'm really shocked how little people care about the prospect of losing him. Captain, seems to care greatly for the club and one of our best performers in what has been a challenging few years for the club. If we have turned the corner from the Gourlay era, Moore should be one of the key players we build around.

Thankfully, I can't see us selling.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Dec 2019 09:07

I keep looking at Whitaker from Bristol city to Brighton for £25m last summer when these rumours emerge, anything less than £15m go and do one, we would also need a replacement lined up before any deal is agreed.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 29 Dec 2019 09:44

Hound Birmingham mail reckons it’s nonsense

This.
So is it Sky scouting for air-time filler or his agent being a pain?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Dec 2019 10:43

For the sake of an extra £2k a week Moore would not move to West Brom to sit on the bench and then never get a look in when they are in the prem. 18 months time maybe but not now.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Dec 2019 11:01

paultheroyal For the sake of an extra £2k a week Moore would not move to West Brom to sit on the bench and then never get a look in when they are in the prem. 18 months time maybe but not now.

Not sure he would sit on the bench.
WBA are not that strong at the back and Bilic reportedly fell out with one of the centre-backs so maybe this story has some legs.

When £10 million to Brighton was mooted I thought that £5 million was more realistic and the same goes now especially as he is no longer the strong player that he was early on in his time with us.

I suppose it depends how much WBA are prepared to push the boat out financially to secure a promotion spot but hopefully Reading will play fairly hard ball in any deal.

He may be captain but I don't think he will feel he owes us anything-remember before when it seemed that he was rather eager to leave.

As a player I feel that he is better suited to Premier League football ,where so few of the strikers are now big lumps, and he is probably quick enough but IMHO not quite good enough.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Dec 2019 11:57

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

He'll have to take a pay cut most places he can go.

Yeah. I just imagine his pay cut will be to match Moores current wages. So we wont be making any saving on wages if we get him. Also Chelsea always seem to sell for a profit so dont think Miazga will move for less than 5 million.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 29 Dec 2019 11:58

At the end of the day we are what we are. Can’t get top signings like Puscas, Rafael and Ejaria every year unless something gives. We won’t balance the books otherwise.

He’s been a good servant and guided us to a final, but we are only ever a stepping stone. If we get a good wedge and he wants to go then so be it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2019 12:11

Not sure why we’d disrupt a team that is gradually gelling after struggling for the past 3 seasons?