Swift to... Southampton

432 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Swift to... Southampton

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2020 13:47

Its now being reported from Mr Friday that Mr Yongge does not want to sell Swift and wants the team built around him. I would rather hope that that is what MB wants to do rather than the owner though!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 14:58

Sutekh Its now being reported from Mr Friday that Mr Yongge does not want to sell Swift and wants the team built around him. I would rather hope that that is what MB wants to do rather than the owner though!

How odd. I agree mark Bowen should be the one deciding who to build the team around not Yongge.

Also as much as swift puts in the odd good performance, be good to keep him but I wouldn’t mind if he went. Certainly don’t see us building the team around him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 15:00

Sutekh Its now being reported from Mr Friday that Mr Yongge does not want to sell Swift and wants the team built around him. I would rather hope that that is what MB wants to do rather than the owner though!

Reported by fake journalist Courtney Friday who gave up writing for the Reading Chronicle over a year ago and has no connection to the club whatsoever.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2020 16:03

TalkSPORT now saying the stumbling block is differences in valuation between the 2 clubs. I'm going to tune out of rumours and journo tweets.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 22 Jul 2020 16:53

Old Man Andrews

Reported by fake journalist Courtney Friday who gave up writing for the Reading Chronicle over a year ago and has no connection to the club whatsoever.

To be fair he was more 'on the pulse' the last 2 transfer windows than anyone else he has given me no reason not tor trust his info in the last year or so.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2020 18:25

leon
Zip
Stranded
3.5 is the initial fee apparently, no mention of what the fee could or will be.

Yep. I’m sure it could rise with appearances etc but even so it is very low for a highly fancied English Championship player.

Well, he's not a bad looking lad but really....?

He hasn’t got your ravishing good looks tbf

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2020 19:18

Zip
leon
Zip
Yep. I’m sure it could rise with appearances etc but even so it is very low for a highly fancied English Championship player.

Don't see it with Swift personally. I think he looks a bit ratty and unkempt. But he's not my type and I'm fairly sure I'm not his so doesn't really matter

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2020 08:40

Snowflake Royal
Zip
leon

Don't see it with Swift personally. I think he looks a bit ratty and unkempt. But he's not my type and I'm fairly sure I'm not his so doesn't really matter

You don't know this, you shouldn't just give up on him. He might want an older, experienced gentleman to look after him. Start looking for flats in Sheffield just in case.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Jul 2020 09:47

Old Man Andrews

This we agree on. He is still living off that transfer window where McCleary was his confidante and fed him the stories. His ties now well and truly cut and feeding off scraps. He is your typical creepy retro journalist.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2020 13:46

Snowflake Royal
Zip
leon

Villa now rumoured to be interested so that’s reportedly 3 clubs after him so, if true, that should help up the price he is sold for.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jul 2020 19:14

Is Swift out with some of the players in Marbella playing golf?

if so nothing will happen for 2 weeks as he will have to quarantine

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Jul 2020 21:17

Mid Sussex Royal Is Swift out with some of the players in Marbella playing golf?

Is his and his agents email quarantined as well ?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Jul 2020 11:49

Mid Sussex Royal Is Swift out with some of the players in Marbella playing golf?

I reckon they might just find ways around the quarantine if all parties are happy with the detail of the proposed transfer

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jul 2020 12:06

If 3 parties are now interested, I assume we've told Sheffield United to f*ck off with their £3.5m?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2020 13:44

WestYorksRoyal If 3 parties are now interested, I assume we've told Sheffield United to f*ck off with their £3.5m?

Not if he to her the won have also offered the same amount. Would be logical for them to do that and rely on persuading the player to chose them based on salary/ location/ style / likelihood of playing etc etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jul 2020 17:47

Yeah, you can't bid anything up if you already accepted the first offer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2020 17:59

Snowflake Royal Yeah, you can't bid anything up if you already accepted the first offer.

Well, obviously you can if you’ve not signed contracts. But if clubs believe we have set a selling price of £3.5 million and they can offer the player a better deal why would they necessarily offer more ?
The player holds the cards in terms of which club he joins unless we decide to reject all offers....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2020 17:59

Snowflake Royal Yeah, you can't bid anything up if you already accepted the first offer.

Well, obviously you can if you’ve not signed contracts. But if clubs believe we have set a selling price of £3.5 million and they can offer the player a better deal why would they necessarily offer more ?
The player holds the cards in terms of which club he joins unless we decide to reject all offers....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2020 10:15

I don't think the first offer ever got accepted

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Jul 2020 12:58

A lower or higher offer might be more appealing to a club depending on the basic/add on split, how the add on's are achieved, what else may come from dealing with a particular club etc

432 posts