Swift to... Southampton

432 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Swift to... Southampton

by SCIAG » 07 Aug 2020 22:19

I hope Sheffield United and Leeds stay up. Don’t want them anywhere near us. Would releg8 Fulham, Southampton and one other, maybe West Ham because we always beat them.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Aug 2020 11:11

SCIAG I hope Sheffield United and Leeds stay up. Don’t want them anywhere near us. Would releg8 Fulham, Southampton and one other, maybe West Ham because we always beat them.

No way Southampton are going down - they had one of the best records in the PL after lockdown ... they have a very good manager who gets them to play very good football. I'd expect them to be above mid-table next season ...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2020 13:18

I'd like Leeds and West Ham to stay up until we next get promoted, then suffer a triple relegation and go out of business so we never have to play either of them again.

Sheffield U are fine now the taint of Warnock is long gone. I like seeing them cause some ruckus with the big boys. Especially with Norwood there.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Aug 2020 14:46

Snowflake Royal I'd like Leeds and West Ham to stay up until we next get promoted, then suffer a triple relegation and go out of business so we never have to play either of them again.

Sheffield U are fine now the taint of Warnock is long gone. I like seeing them cause some ruckus with the big boys. Especially with Norwood there.

May I add Newcastle United to this fine list for triple relegation?

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Aug 2020 15:33

and Brighton

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Aug 2020 16:24

When we get linked to players or vice versa I like to check out the other club's forum and frankly the Sheffield United lot are arrogant oxf*rd, they seem to be happy at getting Swift on a cut price deal but any suggestion we demand a more fair value and they come out with shit like this:
According to BerkshireLive (think Star levels of journalism) Reading fans are "laughing" at our £4M offer. Rating him at £6M at least.
Let's see how hard they're laughing when they get relegated next season, because they're in FFP trouble.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 Aug 2020 17:38

tidus_mi2 When we get linked to players or vice versa I like to check out the other club's forum and frankly the Sheffield United lot are arrogant oxf*rd, they seem to be happy at getting Swift on a cut price deal but any suggestion we demand a more fair value and they come out with shit like this:
According to BerkshireLive (think Star levels of journalism) Reading fans are "laughing" at our £4M offer. Rating him at £6M at least.
Let's see how hard they're laughing when they get relegated next season, because they're in FFP trouble.

Tell you what might be a good way around this...they can have Swift for £4m, and we get Luke Freeman for free in return. Very useful footballer from what I remember, but barely gets games there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2020 17:40

muirinho
Snowflake Royal I'd like Leeds and West Ham to stay up until we next get promoted, then suffer a triple relegation and go out of business so we never have to play either of them again.

May I add Newcastle United to this fine list for triple relegation?

You do you, but I've got no problem with Newcastle, so not for me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2020 17:43

tidus_mi2 When we get linked to players or vice versa I like to check out the other club's forum and frankly the Sheffield United lot are arrogant oxf*rd, they seem to be happy at getting Swift on a cut price deal but any suggestion we demand a more fair value and they come out with shit like this:

I don't see much wrong with that. Berkshire Live is awful. Any normal sized points deduction and we'd have been down five out of the last six years I think.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2020 19:15

Everyone can pretty much see thst this pans out as a deal worth 6m to us in the long term, prob 4m now with 2m extras that'll prob never be triggered. Both sides can say they stood their ground whilst the fee is undisclosed and Twitter loses it's collective shit when some random account claims he went for 3.5m.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 08 Aug 2020 19:18

Snowflake Royal

I don't see much wrong with that. Berkshire Live is awful. Any normal sized points deduction and we'd have been down five out of the last six years I think.

Doesn't make the comment any less arrogant. They'll come crashing down next season. Without Henderson between the sticks they'll ship a ton of goals and they haven't exactly got a strike force capable of compensating for it. Anyway, Swifty's used to setting up golden opportunities that his strikers spaff into the stands, so he'll fit right in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2020 19:22

Seems a bit precious as a reaction to them to me.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2020 19:36

I wonder if any club has ever got cheeky with the add ons ?

Could we demand a £2 million payment if they get relegated ?
And perhaps an extra £50k for every game Swift isn’t in the starting eleven ?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Aug 2020 10:26

There are lots of differences between Warnock and Wilder but they’re both total Colins. And Billy Sharp, don’t get me started.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2020 10:43

SCIAG

There are lots of differences between Warnock and Wilder but they’re both total Colins. And Billy Sharp, don’t get me started.

No problem with Sharp and barely even aware Wilder exists.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Aug 2020 13:18

The EP says Liam Moore is Reading’s most valuable player at £4.85m :roll: so, given that fact, perhaps the club should have accepted £4m!

To be fair to the EP though they’re merely filling the long boring days of no real news with something that the transfetmarkt website has done.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 09 Aug 2020 19:19

Sutekh The EP says Liam Moore is Reading’s most valuable player at £4.85m :roll: so, given that fact, perhaps the club should have accepted £4m!

To be fair to the EP though they’re merely filling the long boring days of no real news with something that the transfetmarkt website has done.

I saw that haha. They had us as the 13th most valuable squad...so was it that bad a season? Yes we spent a lot, but our recruitment isn’t the most cost-effective is it!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Aug 2020 23:38

6M for Swift and I’ll be laughing at the Northern twats.

Sheffield Utd will struggle next season. Their fans can go fcuk themselves. They’re a championship club through and through.

Rino is one of our best players we keep him and Olise and build a young aggressive team.

Pace and enthusiasm.

I couldn’t give a shit about West Ham, Leeds, Newcastle and all their racist fans awful clubs. Awful, nasty fans.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Aug 2020 07:45

I don't mind Sheffield Utd. Always a good atmosphere at Bramall Lane, much better than some of the more lauded grounds I've been to (cough St James's Park, cough Old Trafford, cough Anfield) and unlike theit city neighbours, don't have ideas above their station.

As for Swift's value, who knows what any player is worth in the current climate and, to be fair, we've screwed a few decent deals out of desparate clubs in the past.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Aug 2020 15:50

always remember an away day at brammel lane, my mate's employers HQ was based in Sheffield and they had a box. when we played there He was invited with a +1 ... me. About halfway through the second half, a meaty tackle went in and no word of a lie this old woman in the box next to us, seriously she must have been pushing 90 years old stood up and shouted 'SEND THE PCUNT OFF REF'. that will be a memory that will always be with me and all I can ever think of when I remember sheff utd

432 posts