Rumour - Rob Dickie

122 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Rob Dickie

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2020 20:25

WoodleyRoyal re the point of being skint. every club in the chump is in the same boat, and the comments about Miazga having a choice of any club in Europe seem quite far fetched. If he's that in-demand why has he spent the last season and a half in the championship? the championship is his level at the moment and we are no worse a position to sign him than any other team.

If that is referring to me then I didnt say anything remotely like that.

Turn down the exaggeration metre pls. I said he will have a flock of clubs.

On the skint issue, it doesn't matter if other clubs are skint too. We shouldn't be looking to make it worse. Which singing Miazga would certainly do.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 May 2020 08:55

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal re the point of being skint. every club in the chump is in the same boat, and the comments about Miazga having a choice of any club in Europe seem quite far fetched. If he's that in-demand why has he spent the last season and a half in the championship? the championship is his level at the moment and we are no worse a position to sign him than any other team.

On the skint issue, it doesn't matter if other clubs are skint too. We shouldn't be looking to make it worse. Which singing Miazga would certainly do.

NewCorkSeth He will have a flock of clubs after him across Europe.

:|

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2020 09:27

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Are you blind??

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 May 2020 10:01

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth If that is referring to me then I didnt say anything remotely like that.

Are you blind??

please see my previous reply

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2020 10:34

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

Are you blind??

please see my previous reply

So let me get this straight. In my original post I said "flock of clubs", you took that to mean "choice of ANY club in Europe", I corrected you that those 2 are not the same thing in any way, you responded by quoting me saying "flock of clubs" and you think, somehow, you are proving your point here? Its like you didnt read it.

Seriously. Explain it to me. Explain the thought process. Do you understand the word flock? Is that the part you are struggling with? Or is it reading in general?

I'll make it simple for you. Miazga will have *many* (not all) clubs across Europe who will want to sign him in my opinion. Football clubs. Not all sports clubs. Better?

:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 May 2020 11:20

Nice work Wooders :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 May 2020 11:48

sandman Nice work Wooders :lol:

I'll kill you all

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Jun 2020 16:22

NewCorkSeth has anyone watched Dickie this season? I know the twitterverse has a bit of a love in with him. Does he live up to the hype?

They don’t call him the Basingstoke Beckenbauer for no reason.

He’s a significantly better player than Cooper (agree with the consensus in this thread that he was a good player with bad concentration, but I’d add that he was absolutely dreadful at dealing with quick players running at him). He’s taller than our current crop and will attack the ball in a way that Ilori wouldn’t. He has experience at centre back in a 4 or a 3 as well as at right back.

I think the main reason he has so much hype is the way he carries the ball out of defence but he is a good all-rounder defender too.

I think McIntyre has more potential but Dickie would be a good Miazga replacement and the two of them together would be very nice.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2020 20:14

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth has anyone watched Dickie this season? I know the twitterverse has a bit of a love in with him. Does he live up to the hype?

He’s a significantly better player than Cooper (agree with the consensus in this thread that he was a good player with bad concentration, but I’d add that he was absolutely dreadful at dealing with quick players running at him). He’s taller than our current crop and will attack the ball in a way that Ilori wouldn’t. He has experience at centre back in a 4 or a 3 as well as at right back.

I think the main reason he has so much hype is the way he carries the ball out of defence but he is a good all-rounder defender too.

I think McIntyre has more potential but Dickie would be a good Miazga replacement and the two of them together would be very nice.

Thanks!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2020 13:26

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG

Thanks!

Good interview on TTE with Rob on his time at Reading and his move away:

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... -fc-royals

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 13 Jul 2020 21:50

Looked decent in the PO final, would like to see him come back.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jul 2020 22:10

Another Stam misjudgement.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jul 2020 23:54

Well, we may be looking for a right back. though Osho's doing ok.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jul 2020 07:21

Snowflake Royal Well, we may be looking for a right back. though Osho's doing ok.

Isn't Dickie a towering centre back though?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2020 07:53

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Well, we may be looking for a right back. though Osho's doing ok.

Isn't Dickie a towering centre back though?

Thought he got converted to RB when he moved.

He could definitely play there ok.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jul 2020 07:54

As I have stated before there is a glut of free good cb coming onto the market (Chey Dunkley, Grant Hall and Mike van der hoorn) I would sign one of those 3 probably one of the first 2 as there wages are not too high.
IF and it is a big IF Moore leaves then Dickie would be perfect to fill that void and give the balance.
I know real life is not FM but let’s say we get 4-5 million for Moore, and lose 35k of wages a week of wages for Moore and the 10k a week from Miazga we are paying towards his wages.
Sign one of the above on a free and Dickie for a couple of million. We could potentially lose up to 15k off the wage bill and put 2million back in the coffers.
Honestly I think we could end up with a better defence I’ve options than we have now.
Also I would just sign on Osho to cover Yiadom. Another 25k in wages saved from no Gunter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jul 2020 08:14

linkenholtroyal As I have stated before there is a glut of free good cb coming onto the market (Chey Dunkley, Grant Hall and Mike van der hoorn) I would sign one of those 3 probably one of the first 2 as there wages are not too high.
IF and it is a big IF Moore leaves then Dickie would be perfect to fill that void and give the balance.
I know real life is not FM but let’s say we get 4-5 million for Moore, and lose 35k of wages a week of wages for Moore and the 10k a week from Miazga we are paying towards his wages.
Sign one of the above on a free and Dickie for a couple of million. We could potentially lose up to 15k off the wage bill and put 2million back in the coffers.
Honestly I think we could end up with a better defence I’ve options than we have now.
Also I would just sign on Osho to cover Yiadom. Another 25k in wages saved from no Gunter.

Even if we sell Moore and don’t get Miazga back I would only want one centre back incoming. We will have Morrison and McIntyre plus Osho can play there. So one more in. Holmes would then be fifth choice.
We have to start having more faith in our Academy players.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jul 2020 08:42

There's no way Dickie would cost £2m. Shandon Baptiste cost £2.25m and that was pre Covid. This summer, we won't be paying a penny for anyone without selling first.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jul 2020 08:46

Zip
linkenholtroyal As I have stated before there is a glut of free good cb coming onto the market (Chey Dunkley, Grant Hall and Mike van der hoorn) I would sign one of those 3 probably one of the first 2 as there wages are not too high.

Even if we sell Moore and don’t get Miazga back I would only want one centre back incoming. We will have Morrison and McIntyre plus Osho can play there. So one more in. Holmes would then be fifth choice.
We have to start having more faith in our Academy players.

I agree to a point. I would just sign one of the 3 good free transfers.
The funny thing is I would do that even if Moore stays. As Moore has a dodgy shoulder, McIntyre though amazing has had injury problems, so if they did manage to get injured at the same time that would leave us Morrison and Holmes with Osho as reserve RB/CB very risky no matter what we need one more.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jul 2020 08:46

From Despair To Where? There's no way Dickie would cost £2m. Shandon Baptiste cost £2.25m and that was pre Covid. This summer, we won't be paying a penny for anyone without selling first.

I did say only if we sold Moore

122 posts