Rumour - Rob Dickie

122 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Rob Dickie

by Zip » 28 May 2020 13:10

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Is there a real problem, in this difficult financial period, with only having 3 first team CBs? I mean, we have younger players who can fill in, but thats at least a strong 3.

3 is ok, but McIntyre is very untested, Morro is getting on and Moore has an injury issue can be quite hit and miss and is realistically still one of our saleable assets.

When was the last time we felt comfortable all season with 3 CBs? The injuries and form issues always pile up. Plus we have started 3 CBs a few times.

I just mean given the circumstances, we need to cut wages, is signing a CB the best idea when Moore, who is probably our highest paid player, Morrison and McIntyre all *should* fit the bill?

Some cover from below could help too.

All three fit the bill but McIntyre does pick up niggly injuries. That would leave us very light.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2020 13:13

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal 3 is ok, but McIntyre is very untested, Morro is getting on and Moore has an injury issue can be quite hit and miss and is realistically still one of our saleable assets.

When was the last time we felt comfortable all season with 3 CBs? The injuries and form issues always pile up. Plus we have started 3 CBs a few times.

I just mean given the circumstances, we need to cut wages, is signing a CB the best idea when Moore, who is probably our highest paid player, Morrison and McIntyre all *should* fit the bill?

Some cover from below could help too.

All three fit the bill but McIntyre does pick up niggly injuries. That would leave us very light.

Racist.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 May 2020 13:26

Moore is a saleable asset and might leave depending on needs
Miazga is on loan and unlikely to return esp. given current financial situation
Blackett will be off to Turkey or somewhere presuming an offer is made to him

That leaves Morrison as the only experienced centre back at the club so in view of the above the club will need to look at centre back options this transfer window.

Even if Moore remains the club will need cover which is currently only provided by a crop of promising youngsters in McIntyre, Holmes and Osho. If those youngsters all fulfil their promise then brilliant but it will be a difficult decision for the management to make for a team that aspires to promotion to the PL.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 May 2020 13:28

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal IMHO a bit like Cooper but not quite as big.
Not sure it is a position where we need reinforcements with other areas a bit more pressing.

Nothing like Cooper in that he is good with the ball at his feet.

Cooper was not that bad with the ball at his feet and has now become a regular in a side that is playing at the same level as us and are in fact in a higher league position.
Dickie has only been playing at a lower level and from what I have seen he looks eager and committed but painfully slow.

Did you ever see Cooper actually play in the flesh for us Ian or are you judging him on your usual few minutes of screenwatch?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 May 2020 13:32

Sutekh Moore is a saleable asset and might leave depending on needs

That leaves Morrison as the only experienced centre back at the club so in view of the above the club will need to look at centre back options this transfer window.

Even if Moore remains the club will need cover which is currently only provided by a crop of promising youngsters in McIntyre, Holmes and Osho. If those youngsters all fulfil their promise then brilliant but it will be a difficult decision for the management to make for a team that aspires to promotion to the PL.

Just on your last bit do you see Dickie being a PL player or good enough at least to get us there?
If we still have the aspiration I would hope that Miazga might be persuaded to sign permanently.L

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2020 13:37

South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal IMHO a bit like Cooper but not quite as big.
Not sure it is a position where we need reinforcements with other areas a bit more pressing.

Nothing like Cooper in that he is good with the ball at his feet.

Cooper was not that bad with the ball at his feet and has now become a regular in a side that is playing at the same level as us and are in fact in a higher league position.
Dickie has only been playing at a lower level and from what I have seen he looks eager and committed but painfully slow.

Did you ever see Cooper actually play in the flesh for us Ian or are you judging him on your usual few minutes of screenwatch?

Of course I saw him play in the flesh you retard, as you've been told many times I have a season ticket and have been going to games for about 25 years.

I saw both of them play at youth level too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 May 2020 13:40

I remember going to see my local team Cheltenham Town play when Dickie was there. A few years ago admittedly but he really didn’t stand out in and amongst Division Two players.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 May 2020 13:55

South Coast Royal
Sutekh Moore is a saleable asset and might leave depending on needs

Just on your last bit do you see Dickie being a PL player or good enough at least to get us there?
If we still have the aspiration I would hope that Miazga might be persuaded to sign permanently.L

Haven’t really seen enough of Dickie (only seen him “live” twice though both times he looked ok). I know he was considered promising at Reading and has turned in some good performances in a side that could be playing 2nd tier football next season so would expect he can step up to the Championship. Given his experience I’d say he’s certainly well ahead of Osho and Holmes and probably McIntyre however McIntyre hasn’t looked out of place in what has been middling division 2 set up when he has played and if McInyre keeps his progression going then why spend the money.

Overall though I think he’s worth looking at and if affordable in the right situation probably worth a punt. Out of interest anyone know if there’s a sell on clause as if Reading were interested that’d be a premium Oxford would not have to pay out on compared to selling to other clubs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2020 14:05

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal Nothing like Cooper in that he is good with the ball at his feet.

Of course I saw him play in the flesh you retard, as you've been told many times I have a season ticket and have been going to games for about 25 years.

:o :o :o :o

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 May 2020 15:01

Cooper was decent enough with the ball. He just dropped at least one horrendous error every single game when i saw him

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 May 2020 15:02

Hound Cooper was decent enough with the ball. He just dropped at least one horrendous error every single game when i saw him

This is my lasting memory of him as well.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 May 2020 15:14

Wycombe Royal
Hound and we're skint

I don't think that is the case, we are just having to work within FFP rules. The Chinese have never shown an unwillingness to put money in.

FFP rules are going to have to be relaxed to allow owners to inject cash to keeps clubs afloat.

Worth sticking a cheeky bet on 2021 promotion?

In all seriousness, it's tricky to see what happens. They will need to relax FFP, but if clubs with wealthy owners such as ourselves treat it as a carte blanche to go nuts in the transfer market that's grossly unfair, opportunistic and against the spirit of any relief offered. Hopefully the EFL can structure any relaxation of the rules fairly, or at the very least we can act ethically.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 May 2020 15:37

Hound Cooper was decent enough with the ball. He just dropped at least one horrendous error every single game when i saw him

My thought's exactly "Hound" from what i remember i thought Cooper was pretty good with the ball to feet, and with his height was a great asset to have in the penalty area (Norwich away, i do believe), but there was always a mistake waiting to happen.
He reminded me of Federici, and good player, but you never knew when that lapse in concentration was going to happen.

Saying that, i would take Cooper back in a heartbeat, as these types of errors i guess were down to inexperience.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 May 2020 16:01

Crowbar6753

My thought's exactly "Hound" from what i remember i thought Cooper was pretty good with the ball to feet, and with his height was a great asset to have in the penalty area (Norwich away, i do believe), but there was always a mistake waiting to happen.
He reminded me of Federici, and good player, but you never knew when that lapse in concentration was going to happen.

Saying that, i would take Cooper back in a heartbeat, as these types of errors i guess were down to inexperience.

Patience is a virtue...

I know I harp on about it but you can train a 6ft7 player to get better, you can train one to get taller..

Biggest error of the Stam era.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2020 16:13

Hendo

This is my lasting memory of him as well.

V awkward IMO, partly due to having legs too long to control.

Obviously not to say he was shit or anything. Decent player, as proved by his success. Not that Millwall are known for being 'cultured' of course.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 May 2020 16:48

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal Nothing like Cooper in that he is good with the ball at his feet.

Still haven't been to that charm school Mr Compliance?
You keep telling us that you have a season ticket for this season but we all know that previously you gave us your expert opinion after watching highlights from the sofa.

This started off with fans politely discussing the merits of Dickie and Cooper......and then you came along.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2020 17:40

South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal

You keep telling us that you have a season ticket for this season but we all know that previously you gave us your expert opinion after watching highlights from the sofa.

This started off with fans politely discussing the merits of Dickie and Cooper......and then you came along.

You may think you can slip sly insults through just because you don't use foul language. I'm just upfront and honest when I insult someone. You prick.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 May 2020 18:35

Problem is we spent 3.5 million on a bloke from Liverpool who did the exact same so may as well have kept and tried to develop our own.

But Jaap Stam had a dROFLeam.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 May 2020 18:48

re the point of being skint. every club in the chump is in the same boat, and the comments about Miazga having a choice of any club in Europe seem quite far fetched. If he's that in-demand why has he spent the last season and a half in the championship? the championship is his level at the moment and we are no worse a position to sign him than any other team.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 May 2020 19:20

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal Of course I saw him play in the flesh you retard, as you've been told many times I have a season ticket and have been going to games for about 25 years.

You may think you can slip sly insults through just because you don't use foul language. I'm just upfront and honest when I insult someone. You prick.

Over 47,000 posts and still the most obnoxious git on the whole board, including those that have been banned.
Why on earth do you do it and interrupt decent posts with your own craving for attention and a penchant for indecency?

122 posts