Speculation - loans from the Premier League

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Speculation - loans from the Premier League

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 12:55

Hendo
WoodleyRoyal All players under the age of 23 signed from a prem club all failures
virginia
Piazon
reece oxford
nathan ake
kwesi appiah
benik afobe
binagin khumalo
darren o dea - not premiersip but im counting him
Sekou Baradji

Success
Ejaria
Miazga
Bertrand
Upson
Baker

chabolah played 15 games for us, not a success we finished 19th :|
chadwick was 24 when he signed on loan, not an up and comer so to speak.
Martinez is 27 not an up and comer

So was Baker so add Chadwick into the success list or take Baker out.

great stuff baker out

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 12:57

so thats 9 failures 4 successes and two of which are upson in 2002 and bertrand in 2009 :|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jul 2020 13:00

I could happily climb on board not going for loans like Baradji, Ake, Oxford etc regardless of success because they're clearly intended just as cover and won't play much.

I'd much rather see Academy players tried and fail for a few games than PL loan kids tried and ok, personally.

But the more first team ones are a different matter, although numbers should be limited at any one time.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jul 2020 13:01

I'm not having Piazon in the failures either. Yes he was a dick when he left for Fulham but 5 goals and 3 assists in 27 games is a fine return.

Also Ake can be moved to the success list. 5 appearances on a month loan, 3 in which he won MOTM.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:05

Hendo I'm not having Piazon in the failures either. Yes he was a dick when he left for Fulham but 5 goals and 3 assists in 27 games is a fine return.

Also Ake can be moved to the success list. 5 appearances on a month loan, 3 in which he won MOTM.

i guess 'a success' is subjective. Neither of of them two i would class as a success, but i can see why some would. But the point remains, successes are few and far between, which is what my orignal point is.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 30 Jul 2020 13:06, edited 2 times in total.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Jul 2020 13:05

Hendo I'm not having Piazon in the failures either. Yes he was a dick when he left for Fulham but 5 goals and 3 assists in 27 games is a fine return.

Agree - Ake was class that month he was here.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:14

and in fact, miazga has just turned 25 so can't be on the list either :| ... i think we are scraping the barrel if we are including players who made only 5 appearances for the club as a successful signing, each to their own. So yep sticking by my original post. SCIAG...? I'm waiting for an apology

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:19

tidus_mi2
WoodleyRoyal ffs you really are a bunch of melts, please point to where I said all of the loans were failures :| :roll: i said if they are successful when they leave it leaves a gaping hole to fill. This is the more worrying part. not a saleable asset, so its not like swift going the hole can be plugged by his transfer fee and it has blocked our youngsters of game time.

You said they rarely work out which didn't take long to be proven wrong. Fact is, Premier League clubs hoover up the top talent and many other clubs benefit greatly from Premier League loans, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot for not even exploring what players might be available to us.

Also looking for an apology

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:24

WoodleyRoyal and in fact, miazga has just turned 25 so can't be on the list either :| ... i think we are scraping the barrel if we are including players who made only 5 appearances for the club as a successful signing, each to their own. So yep sticking by my original post. SCIAG...? I'm waiting for an apology

Calling a playera failure just because he was on a short term loan is stupid and massaging the facts to try and support your position.
I reckon a high percentage of loans are underwhelming, it’s hard for players to slot in quickly and often they are brought in to solve a problem which through no fault of their own they cannot.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:26

and lewis baker (25) is also above the age bracket. the widely regarded age bracket of when you cease being an up and comer is 23.

so the updated list

virginia
Piazon
reece oxford
nathan ake
kwesi appiah
benik afobe
binagin khumalo
Sekou Baradji

Success
Ejaria
Bertrand
Upson

3 players classed a success one of which was 20 years ago :lol: and another was 10 years ago. :| .

8)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:29

WoodleyRoyal and in fact, miazga has just turned 25 so can't be on the list either :| ... i think we are scraping the barrel if we are including players who made only 5 appearances for the club as a successful signing, each to their own. So yep sticking by my original post. SCIAG...? I'm waiting for an apology

So Miazaga was 23 when we signed him, you really are desperate to twist things tosuit you point of view !

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:31

Nameless

Calling a playera failure just because he was on a short term loan is stupid and massaging the facts to try and support your position.
I reckon a high percentage of loans are underwhelming, it’s hard for players to slot in quickly and often they are brought in to solve a problem which through no fault of their own they cannot.

which is exactly the point i was making, i would rather we didnt go into the loan market and concentrated on the youngsters or signing players from the lower leagues.

and RE Ake and 5 games, as i say its subjective, if people think a player that played 5 games for us as a success thats their opinion. I was called out on my statement on the previous page and have backed it up with facts.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:32

Nameless

So Miazaga was 23 when we signed him, you really are desperate to twist things tosuit you point of view !

first time round yeh on the very cusp of what could be classed as an up and comer, jeez its not hard is it, or are you just a bit thick, not twisting anything to make my point im posting FACTS. :roll:
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 30 Jul 2020 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:33

I do think Covid may have an effect in relation to loan players this window. Clubs are more likely to loan players to clubs close to them for logistics reasons and also the players are less likely to upticks and move for a 6 month loan.

so with this weird logic-
likely clubs to loan to us are-
London Clubs Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Palace
Brighton
Southampton

less likely but might
WBA
Wolves
Villa
Leicester

Highly unlikely
Man Utd
Man City
Burnley
Sheff Utd
Liverpool
Everton
Newcastle
Leeds

so may be focus on the ones that may work under this system.
from what I can see of players who will probably be surplus to requirements and available on a loan heres a few to look at.
Arsenal - Matt Macey, Trae Coyle, Jordi Osei Tutu, Ben Sheaf and Rob Holding seems to have dropped out of favour.
Chelsea - Dujon Sterling, Lewis Baker, Marco Van Ginkel, Charly Musonda
Tottenham - Oliver Skipp, Troy Parrot
West Ham - Nathan Holland
Palace - Connor Wickham
Brighton- Leo Ostigard, Percy Tau
Sothampton- Yan Valery, Callum Slattery, Alfie Jones and Kayne Ramsey

A few of those we may be able to take off there pay roll and sign permanantly. Jones and Ramsey at Southampton and Holland at West Ham could be 3 to look at they did well in League 1 this year to buy that is.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:33

WoodleyRoyal and lewis baker (25) is also above the age bracket. the widely regarded age bracket of when you cease being an up and comer is 23.

so the updated list

virginia
Piazon
reece oxford
nathan ake
kwesi appiah
benik afobe
binagin khumalo
Sekou Baradji

Success
Ejaria
Bertrand
Upson

3 players classed a success one of which was 20 years ago :lol: and another was 10 years ago. :| .

8)

But the vast majority of your list hardly played and probably cost nothing. So no real downside. Appiah is a week off being 30 so possibly doesn’t even qualify....

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:35

WoodleyRoyal
Nameless

first time round yeh on the very cusp of what could be classed as an up and comer, jeez its not hard is it, or are you just a bit thick, not twisting anything to make my point im posting FACTS. :roll:

It’s not hard to see you are trying (quite badly) to force facts to fit your point.

It’s a pretty easy point to make and probably one I agree with but the way your are doing it probably just makes sensible people want to argue e
Against it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:36

Nameless
WoodleyRoyal and lewis baker (25) is also above the age bracket. the widely regarded age bracket of when you cease being an up and comer is 23.

so the updated list

virginia
Piazon
reece oxford
nathan ake
kwesi appiah
benik afobe
binagin khumalo
Sekou Baradji

Success
Ejaria
Bertrand
Upson

8)

But the vast majority of your list hardly played and probably cost nothing. So no real downside. Appiah is a week off being 30 so possibly doesn’t even qualify....

io dont get what your point is, my original post was can we please stop going for premier league up and comers as they rarely work out. Point proven by the list above. What point are you trying to make.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:36

WoodleyRoyal
Nameless

Your assessment of whether a player was a success or not is not a ‘fact’.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jul 2020 13:38

WoodleyRoyal
Nameless

so the updated list

virginia
Piazon
reece oxford
nathan ake
kwesi appiah
benik afobe
binagin khumalo
Sekou Baradji

Success
Ejaria
Bertrand
Upson

8)

io dont get what your point is, my original post was can we please stop going for premier league up and comers as they rarely work out. Point proven by the list above. What point are you trying to make.

To quote yourself, it’s not hard, or are you a bit thick.
Frankly if you can’t be arsed to actually discuss th8ngs but just want to be rude then I’m not that interested in it.
Stick with your fact fiddling....

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jul 2020 13:39

Nameless
WoodleyRoyal
Nameless

Your assessment of whether a player was a success or not is not a ‘fact’.

success
noun
the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.

none of the list fulfilled their purpose...