Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Oct 2020 14:52

Pauno press conf atm, I hope he's asked some questions on this and what the position is with the EFL.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Oct 2020 15:29

Let's hope he turns out to be a shit signing; another Ola John. And let's also hope we can find another way of getting cover in that position.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Oct 2020 15:52

Can't wait for this story to be over and all the adolescents/everyone who has never actually seen him play can shut up about him. Pathetic

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Oct 2020 16:09

WestYorksRoyal Let's hope he turns out to be a shit signing; another Ola John. And let's also hope we can find another way of getting cover in that position.

Ola John was a legend!

Not bothered about this one slipping through the net. Could go either way, he could flop at AFCB as much as he's likely to do well for them.

But I am concerned about us being under a soft embargo. I can see things going downhill very quickly if we can't bring in anymore reinforcements. We're threadbare at full back, in defensive midfield and if Olise or Ejaria gets injured in a creative midfield perspective.

We need 3 more players in. We lack academy players who are good enough to step into any of those positions.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Oct 2020 16:24

Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal Let's hope he turns out to be a shit signing; another Ola John. And let's also hope we can find another way of getting cover in that position.

Ola John was a legend!

Not bothered about this one slipping through the net. Could go either way, he could flop at AFCB as much as he's likely to do well for them.

But I am concerned about us being under a soft embargo. I can see things going downhill very quickly if we can't bring in anymore reinforcements. We're threadbare at full back, in defensive midfield and if Olise or Ejaria gets injured in a creative midfield perspective.

We need 3 more players in. We lack academy players who are good enough to step into any of those positions.

Doesn't sound like we are under an embargo from the press conf, Pauno suggested he had a better offer. Player obviously blinded by the money over playing in a league 2 ground and training on the beach rather than a new state of the art complex.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Oct 2020 16:32

If it is over money, they are welcome to him.

As others have said, I have never seen him play so cannot really comment. Obviously looks like a promising player from the things you see and hear though, will be interesting to see how he does.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 17:21

From Despair To Where? We are traditionally their biggest rivals as we were the closest club they played with any sort of regularity and in fairness, I think we've played them more than any other club and them likewise.

Unfortunately for them, as a rivalry, its largely unrequited and we traditionally had more interest in the Shits, The Pox and Pigtown.

In nearly 40 years of watching Reading, I've never known anyone consider Bournemouth as rivals.

Disliked them for the same reason I disliked Brighton.

They got way more coverage on South Today than we did, despite us being in a higher division.

At least that's how I remember it as a youngster.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Oct 2020 17:39

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? We are traditionally their biggest rivals as we were the closest club they played with any sort of regularity and in fairness, I think we've played them more than any other club and them likewise.

Unfortunately for them, as a rivalry, its largely unrequited and we traditionally had more interest in the Shits, The Pox and Pigtown.

In nearly 40 years of watching Reading, I've never known anyone consider Bournemouth as rivals.

They got way more coverage on South Today than we did, despite us being in a higher division.

My BIL is from bournemouth and a Bournemouth fan. he always goes on about pissing on the Madejski stadium when it was first built, whenever he comes to visit, same story EVERY oxf*rd time for the last 10 years or more. He hates us with a passion. what annoys him most is that the feeling isn't reciprocal, I've always been deliberately ambivalent towards him/them. Whenever he goes on about this massive rivalry i keep saying its just in your head dude we couldn't give two oxf*rd about you. He wont have though, to Bournemouth fans they believe we hate then just as much as they hate us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2020 17:42

WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal

My BIL is from bournmouth and a bournmouth fan. he always goes on about pissing on the Madejski stadium when it was first built, whenever he comes to visit, same story EVERY oxf*rd time for the last 10 years or more. He hates us with a passion. what annoyes him most is that the feeling isnt reciprocal, ive always been deliberatley ambivalent towards him/them. Whenever he goes on about this massive rivalry i keep sayig its just in your head dude we couldnt give two oxf*rd about you. He wont have though, to bournmouth fans they believe we ate then just as much as we hate them.

Oh yeah, totally agree.

That's decades ago now and otherwise I wouldn't ever think twice about Bournemouth. In fact I'd forgotten all about it until FDTW mentioned rivalry.

It's like saying we're massive rivals with Brentford, or Wycombe. It's just a big Partridge gif.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Oct 2020 17:42

Mid Sussex Royal
Royal_jimmy

Ola John was a legend!

Doesn't sound like we are under an embargo from the press conf, Pauno suggested he had a better offer. Player obviously blinded by the money over playing in a league 2 ground and training on the beach rather than a new state of the art complex.

Has he signed permanently ?
If not, won't his pay be the same as his AM contract whoever he signs for ?

Probably means the better offer is something other than cash

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Oct 2020 17:44

Franchise FC
Mid Sussex Royal
Royal_jimmy
Ola John was a legend!

Hookers?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 18:17

General football for general rivalry chat please. You know the rules.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Oct 2020 18:22

Well, I know you don't make them....

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Oct 2020 19:00

Franchise FC
Mid Sussex Royal
Royal_jimmy
Ola John was a legend!

Possibly, if he's a winger, he's seen enough in training to know he'll be shoehorned into some other role.
The other possiblity is that the "better offer" is to his club, rather than him, in terms of % wage paid, and he'll go along with their preferred choice.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 01 Oct 2020 19:45

He does have strong hair. Do you think he got confused by Bournemouth’s badge and was actually looking for some Wella hair products?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 01 Oct 2020 20:14

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2020 07:20

Hendo If it is over money, they are welcome to him.

As others have said, I have never seen him play so cannot really comment. Obviously looks like a promising player from the things you see and hear though, will be interesting to see how he does.

VP saying Bournemouth offered a better deal to Atletico and the player so pretty much what you’d expect when up against a club just out of the PL with a load of cash.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Oct 2020 08:12

Franchise FC
Mid Sussex Royal
Royal_jimmy
Ola John was a legend!

International loans are a bit different in that they are essentially full transfers but the registration reverts back to the loaning club at the end of it. It is possible that Bournemouth are offering to pay him more than his deal at Atletico as a sweetner to move countries for a set period.

We probably were offering either to just cover his wages or wrangling to only cover a percentage.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 11:28

TiagoIlori https://twitter.com/thatmarcmayo/status/1311703059916038146?s=21

oxf*rd Kia

I prefer that story to the one of EFL blocking and effectively placing us under embargo. Means the window is not shut for us

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Oct 2020 10:34

Snowflake Royal

:lol: you’re not wrong!!

308 posts