Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2020 08:23

lightning strikes Oh apparently he is defo linked to Kia. Apparently he's fast and takes people on, but he's a kid and never ready for the championship.

This ‘not ready for thechampionship’ Is meaningless nonsense.
He’s 20, he’s not a kid. Loads of players play in this league at that age. Olise fitted right in at 17, Tom McIntyre was younger when he made his debut and looked at home in a much more physical position.
If he’s good enough with the right attitude he’s old enough. If he’s not old enough or got the right attitude then whether he’s 20 or Sone Aluko’s age he won’t make it

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2020 08:32

Nameless
lightning strikes Oh apparently he is defo linked to Kia. Apparently he's fast and takes people on, but he's a kid and never ready for the championship.

He’s 20, he’s not a kid. Loads of players play in this league at that age. Olise fitted right in at 17, Tom McIntyre was younger when he made his debut and looked at home in a much more physical position.
If he’s good enough with the right attitude he’s old enough. If he’s not old enough or got the right attitude then whether he’s 20 or Sone Aluko’s age he won’t make it

Agreed and outside the top 4 or 5 teams, I'm pretty sure Spanish football has its fair share of cloggers. In fact, Spanish football has a long and proud history of psychotic hatchet men.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2020 08:38

From Despair To Where?
Nameless

Agreed and outside the top 4 or 5 teams, I'm pretty sure Spanish football has its fair share of cloggers. In fact, Spanish football has a long and proud history of psychotic hatchet men.

Whilst the number of hard nut psychos in the championship is probably at an all time low.
It’s a tough league because of the intensity and sheer number of games. The days of a wizened old pro kicking a talented youngster out of games are long gone. He’d take a few knocks but it’s not a violent league !

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 02 Sep 2020 09:06

Here he is in action

https://youtu.be/hbti53cJVVE

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Sep 2020 09:24

It’s not his age we should be worried about, it’s about his ability to play 46 games in a season which can be affected by his age but he’s done okay in the lower leagues of Spain so can’t be the issue itself. One thing that makes me confident he’s old enough is that he does seem to be genuinely a really intelligent player.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Sep 2020 09:30

If he is a class above the Championship, will he be able to show it in a dysfunctional, underperforming team? Same with the Fejsa and Zivkovic rumours.

We could actually end up having one of the strongest teams in the league on paper, but I can just see it being far less than the sum of parts and the malaise continuing. I don't think I'm going to let a few exciting signings trick me into hope after the shitshow of the last week and, more generally, the last few years.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 02 Sep 2020 09:37

From what I've seen of Paunovic teams they do seem to rely on direct dribblers into the final third - so this guy feels like he should slot in pretty naturally. Although not sure how well that gameplan will translate to the Championship.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Sep 2020 09:40

Holsgrove's comments on the spanish league definitely suggested its not all fancy tikka-takka in spain. he'll be fine if he's good enough

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Sep 2020 09:41

If the loan is an affordable one then get him in, what harm can it do? We have no out and out wingers at the club so to have at least one on the books is a bonus.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2020 09:51

You're all missing the point. Its his surname that is important.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Sep 2020 10:03

NewCorkSeth You're all missing the point. Its his surname that is important.

Reche?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2020 10:06

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth You're all missing the point. Its his surname that is important.

Reche?

Precisely.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2020 10:17

Nameless
From Despair To Where?
Nameless

Whilst the number of hard nut psychos in the championship is probably at an all time low.
It’s a tough league because of the intensity and sheer number of games. The days of a wizened old pro kicking a talented youngster out of games are long gone. He’d take a few knocks but it’s not a violent league !

Which is absolutely no different to any of our own academy graduates.

I'm agreeing with you here. There's this notion that because he's young and coming from abroad that he'll be less able to cope with the rigours ot the Championship than a home grown talent.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Sep 2020 10:41

Barcelona Blue Here he is in action

Bit underwhelming.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2020 10:42

Norfolk Royal
Barcelona Blue Here he is in action

Bit underwhelming.

To the Whelmometer!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2020 11:07

kwik-silva From what I've seen of Paunovic teams they do seem to rely on direct dribblers into the final third - so this guy feels like he should slot in pretty naturally. Although not sure how well that gameplan will translate to the Championship.

Direct dribblers - hope this is true - something we have been crying out for.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2020 11:32

paultheroyal
kwik-silva From what I've seen of Paunovic teams they do seem to rely on direct dribblers into the final third - so this guy feels like he should slot in pretty naturally. Although not sure how well that gameplan will translate to the Championship.

We had one last season who would beat a man then immediately oxf*rd it all up.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Sep 2020 11:33

NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

But his name is not Rodrigo!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Sep 2020 11:33

paultheroyal
NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

But his name is not Rodrigo!

So true. Poor bastard should have changed his name.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Sep 2020 12:28

Looks to have two good feet and a very good cross on him. Nice hair too.

308 posts