Nathan Phillips

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Nathan Phillips

by Sutekh » 17 Sep 2020 13:55

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
3points McIntyre also seems to be quite injury prone. Don't know the stats but feels like he missed ore games than he played / could have played last season (though recovered during initial COVID lockdown)

He’s had some injuries but I suspect OST of the games he missed last year were because he fractured his eye socket on his debut, which I doubt will be a recurring injury !

There are times when I really appreciate your work. And this is one of them!

:lol:

Actually Tom made his debut at Rotherham in December 2018 and fractured his eye socket in that season, not last. He was back before that season finished. As I recall last season he got a bad ankle injury at Cardiff in January and didn’t return until the Brentford game at the end of June. He made 10 league appearances in total last season.

Also, isn’t he out of contract next summer or did he sign a new deal recently?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Sep 2020 14:11

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
He’s had some injuries but I suspect OST of the games he missed last year were because he fractured his eye socket on his debut, which I doubt will be a recurring injury !

There are times when I really appreciate your work. And this is one of them!

:lol:

Actually Tom made his debut at Rotherham in December 2018 and fractured his eye socket in that season, not last. He was back before that season finished. As I recall last season he got a bad ankle injury at Cardiff in January and didn’t return until the Brentford game at the end of June. He made 10 league appearances in total last season.

Also, isn’t he out of contract next summer or did he sign a new deal recently?

Wow time flies !
I think my point remains. An injury prone player is one who has some kind of recurring injury problem.not necessarily the same injury but probably traced back to a common cause. Probably muscular type injuries.
A player who gets some injuries through contact in the game (breaks) isn’t injury prone, just unlucky or over committed.
McIntyre seems to have a bit of both. He had some bad injuries in his Academy years but they don’t seem to be an ongoing thing.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Sep 2020 14:54

He had a long term back injury when he was 17/18 then was out for about a year with a knee injury, and has had 2 long term injuries in his 2 seasons in the first team. Even if its not a recurring injury he's definitely prone to injury.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Sep 2020 17:26

Simon's Church He had a long term back injury when he was 17/18 then was out for about a year with a knee injury, and has had 2 long term injuries in his 2 seasons in the first team. Even if its not a recurring injury he's definitely prone to injury.

YEAH, but apart from those he’s kept reasonably fit.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Sep 2020 22:42

Nameless
Simon's Church He had a long term back injury when he was 17/18 then was out for about a year with a knee injury, and has had 2 long term injuries in his 2 seasons in the first team. Even if its not a recurring injury he's definitely prone to injury.

YEAH, but apart from those he’s kept reasonably fit.

LOL