Rumour- Lewis Gibson

124 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour- Lewis Gibson

by Sutekh » 23 Sep 2020 13:50

Nameless
Stranded
NewCorkSeth According to ITK Eddie on Twitter we are looking to ship Tom McIntyre out on loan. Baffling that. Cant see how the new manager has seen enough of him to decide that given he was away on international duty for a good bit.

A loan could be perfect for him, I do not see that as a negative at all - season playing week in/week out for say Oxford would be better than waiting for a chance here. Would think it leaves us short at the back as per my earlier points though.

Not baffling, I bet McIntyre will have been waiting outside the manager’s door !
It could be the loan is actually designed to let McIntyre get a season playing every week somewhere else. Needs to be at a decent club, maybe a year in Germany would be good for him ?
Would also allow Holmes to be closer to the first team having done hisloan spell last season

Suggestion currently is McIntyre to be loaned to a top end division 3 (League 1) team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2020 13:57

NewCorkSeth
Stranded
NewCorkSeth According to ITK Eddie on Twitter we are looking to ship Tom McIntyre out on loan. Baffling that. Cant see how the new manager has seen enough of him to decide that given he was away on international duty for a good bit.

A loan could be perfect for him, I do not see that as a negative at all - season playing week in/week out for say Oxford would be better than waiting for a chance here. Would think it leaves us short at the back as per my earlier points though.

He isnt exactly waiting for a chance though is he? Being 3rd choice CB. Thats a fantastic position for a young CB looking to add minutes to his game. Loaning another clubs talented CB so we can send our own talented CB away is a nonsense.

He should be playing higher than Oxford. He was performing better than Moore at the end of last season ffs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Sep 2020 13:59

NewCorkSeth
Stranded

He isnt exactly waiting for a chance though is he? Being 3rd choice CB. Thats a fantastic position for a young CB looking to add minutes to his game. Loaning another clubs talented CB so we can send our own talented CB away is a nonsense.

3rd choice isn't playing is it? If he goes to L1 he will likely be a starter and get 90 mins more often than not. We can put in a break clause to bring him back in Jan if needs be but I think this is a positive move - as long as we get him tied down to a new deal first.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 14:34

Stranded
NewCorkSeth
Stranded

3rd choice isn't playing is it? If he goes to L1 he will likely be a starter and get 90 mins more often than not. We can put in a break clause to bring him back in Jan if needs be but I think this is a positive move - as long as we get him tied down to a new deal first.

I reckon you are over valuing loans and undervaluing being the 3rd choice CB. For one the club we loan him to had to be right. Just playing isnt the be all and end all. Of course if Tom is banging on the managers door saying "I need minutes, let me go out on loan" then that is different but currently I agree with Ian, the difference between Moore and McIntyre is not so much that McIntyre couldn't realistically take his starting spot this season by impressing in cameos and on the training pitch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 14:45

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Stranded

He should be playing higher than Oxford. He was performing better than Moore at the end of last season ffs.

Not sure that is a great marker tbf Ian

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 Sep 2020 14:48

Maybe the twin loan transactions are good for all parties.

McIntyre gets regular game time, probably competing for promotion in L1, instead of being 3rd choice on the bench. We get to see one of our most promising prospects develop with game time.

The Gibson loan ensures we're not short on cover. It's also better for Gibson and Everton; 3rd choice here and a chance to unseat Moore or Morrison is better than 5th choice or so at Everton.

All makes sense to me. The key thing is we get McIntyre to extend his contract before sending him on loan and put in a recall clause for January.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Sep 2020 14:50

NewCorkSeth
Stranded
NewCorkSeth He isnt exactly waiting for a chance though is he? Being 3rd choice CB. Thats a fantastic position for a young CB looking to add minutes to his game. Loaning another clubs talented CB so we can send our own talented CB away is a nonsense.

I reckon you are over valuing loans and undervaluing being the 3rd choice CB. For one the club we loan him to had to be right. Just playing isnt the be all and end all. Of course if Tom is banging on the managers door saying "I need minutes, let me go out on loan" then that is different but currently I agree with Ian, the difference between Moore and McIntyre is not so much that McIntyre couldn't realistically take his starting spot this season by impressing in cameos and on the training pitch.

He’ll be wanting to play every week.
I think what happens next is really crucial. If he doesn’t get a good loan move (or a starting place for us) I wonder whether he’ll look at Loader’s example and decide to move on next summer.
Not suggesting he should be given a starting place to stop him thinking he needs to move, more highlighting how hard it is to keep young, talented players happy when they want and need to be playing and think they should be.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Sep 2020 14:55

If he renews his contract I completely support this. Why should we keep him as our fourth choice when he can be first choice for a club doing well in league one?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 14:56

Nameless
NewCorkSeth
Stranded

I think what happens next is really crucial. If he doesn’t get a good loan move (or a starting place for us) I wonder whether he’ll look at Loader’s example and decide to move on next summer.
Not suggesting he should be given a starting place to stop him thinking he needs to move, more highlighting how hard it is to keep young, talented players happy when they want and need to be playing and think they should be.

For every loan of this sort, which I am going to call a development loan, that suceeds at a minimum 10 fail. Bet there is more examples of 3rd choice CBs breaking into the team than there is CBs who go out on loan and come back straight into the first team.

To cover myself here I mean that they succeed at their parent club. You see lots of players go out on these types of loans who then just leave the parent club after and go on to have good careers. Like Cooper.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2020 15:12

Hound
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth He isnt exactly waiting for a chance though is he? Being 3rd choice CB. Thats a fantastic position for a young CB looking to add minutes to his game. Loaning another clubs talented CB so we can send our own talented CB away is a nonsense.

You seem happy enough for Moore to play now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2020 15:13

McIntyre proved he was good enough to be in the first team. I can understand Holmes being loaned out but not him.
We should be trusting in him to play alongside Morrison.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2020 15:17

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal He should be playing higher than Oxford. He was performing better than Moore at the end of last season ffs.

You seem happy enough for Moore to play now.

Ish. I’ve constantly brought up that I don’t think Moore/Morrison is a good pair

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2020 15:19

NewCorkSeth
Nameless
NewCorkSeth I reckon you are over valuing loans and undervaluing being the 3rd choice CB. For one the club we loan him to had to be right. Just playing isnt the be all and end all. Of course if Tom is banging on the managers door saying "I need minutes, let me go out on loan" then that is different but currently I agree with Ian, the difference between Moore and McIntyre is not so much that McIntyre couldn't realistically take his starting spot this season by impressing in cameos and on the training pitch.

For every loan of this sort, which I am going to call a development loan, that suceeds at a minimum 10 fail. Bet there is more examples of 3rd choice CBs breaking into the team than there is CBs who go out on loan and come back straight into the first team.

To cover myself here I mean that they succeed at their parent club. You see lots of players go out on these types of loans who then just leave the parent club after and go on to have good careers. Like Cooper.

Dickie, Stacey.........

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 15:19

All I'm going to say on this for now is we have been through this before. Cooper, Dickie and Hyam all shown the loan door rather than given first team action, all left and all are doing well.

Play our oxf*rd academy players instead of developing those from other clubs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 15:20

Lower West
NewCorkSeth
Nameless

Dickie, Stacey.........

They didn't succeed here??. Thats exactly my point!!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2020 15:21

Owner obviously wants promotion as the be and end all. Developing a tight knit squad for the future isn't even a thought.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2020 15:23

NewCorkSeth
Lower West
NewCorkSeth For every loan of this sort, which I am going to call a development loan, that suceeds at a minimum 10 fail. Bet there is more examples of 3rd choice CBs breaking into the team than there is CBs who go out on loan and come back straight into the first team.

Dickie, Stacey.........

How many loan players have passed through our club in the past 5 seasons. Have we progressed and improved as a team with a clear identity. Or are we simply a live version of Championship manager?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 15:25

Lower West
NewCorkSeth
Lower West
Dickie, Stacey.........

How many loan players have passed through our club in the past 5 seasons. Have we progressed and improved as a team with a clear identity. Or are we simply a live version of Championship manager?

Sorry i don't understand the question. What do you mean?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 23 Sep 2020 15:32

On balance I think for McIntyre to go out on loan is a good thing.
He is nearly 22 and has only played a dozen or so times for our first team in 4 years as a pro and although when I have seen him play he has done quite well I would add that he has done quite well based on being an inexperienced player but none of the performances suggest to me that he is pressing hard for a regular first team place.

You never know how young players will develop and at what pace so we just have to trust our manager and coaches that Gibson is far enough ahead at this stage to push for a starting place.

The club has shown recently that young players will be given a chance and great faith has been placed in Olise so they must have doubts about McIntyre to bring Gibson in, presumably ahead of him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Sep 2020 15:59

NewCorkSeth All I'm going to say on this for now is we have been through this before. Cooper, Dickie and Hyam all shown the loan door rather than given first team action, all left and all are doing well.

Play our oxf*rd academy players instead of developing those from other clubs.

McIntyre too injury prone to rely on as third choice

Better for him to develop mentally and physically at another club rather than sit on our bench here, play the occasional game, whilst picking up more injuries

124 posts