124 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour- Lewis Gibson

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2020 16:04

NewCorkSeth
Lower West
NewCorkSeth They didn't succeed here??. Thats exactly my point!!

How many loan players have passed through our club in the past 5 seasons. Have we progressed and improved as a team with a clear identity. Or are we simply a live version of Championship manager?

Sorry i don't understand the question. What do you mean?

There's no long term strategy in place just endless rolls of the dice. Teams such as Sheffield United meanwhile go down, rebuild and move on to higher levels.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Sep 2020 16:12

it worked wonders for Michael hector, went on loan to Scotland, impressed came straight into the first team when he got back, and was sold for millions to chelsea. It can work if he gets the right move

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Sep 2020 16:16

Lower West
NewCorkSeth
Lower West
How many loan players have passed through our club in the past 5 seasons. Have we progressed and improved as a team with a clear identity. Or are we simply a live version of Championship manager?

There's no long term strategy in place just endless rolls of the dice. Teams such as Sheffield United meanwhile go down, rebuild and move on to higher levels.

Didn’t Sheff Utd go up with us and get relegated with us, then get relegated again while we got promoted again. They have just made it back to,the PL having dropped further than us and taken longer to get back !

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2020 16:28

NewCorkSeth All I'm going to say on this for now is we have been through this before. Cooper, Dickie and Hyam all shown the loan door rather than given first team action, all left and all are doing well.

Play our oxf*rd academy players instead of developing those from other clubs.

Yep.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Sep 2020 16:29

Nameless
Lower West
NewCorkSeth Sorry i don't understand the question. What do you mean?

Didn’t Sheff Utd go up with us and get relegated with us, then get relegated again while we got promoted again. They have just made it back to,the PL having dropped further than us and taken longer to get back !

Nah, Sheffield United went down immediately, we got relegated the following season with Birmingham and Derby.

Correct on everything else though, if you compare the 2 of us we have both had 3 seasons in the PL, we had 1 good one, 2 shit ones and Sheff Utd currently have had 1 good one, 1 shit one, 1 yet to be determined.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Sep 2020 16:31

Nameless
Lower West
NewCorkSeth Sorry i don't understand the question. What do you mean?

Na, they only spent one season in the Prem. When we finished 6th in our maiden season, they finished 18th and were relegated. Poor Colin.

I hadn't realised how long they had spent in League 1, SIX seasons. Didn't feel like they were gone that long.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Sep 2020 16:32

Lower West
NewCorkSeth
Lower West

Oh. Yeah. I agree. I thought you were disagreeing with me.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Sep 2020 16:50

skipper
Nameless
Lower West

Na, they only spent one season in the Prem. When we finished 6th in our maiden season, they finished 18th and were relegated. Poor Colin.

I hadn't realised how long they had spent in League 1, SIX seasons. Didn't feel like they were gone that long.

I think we finished 8th rather than 6th.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2020 17:22

Mr Angry
skipper
Nameless

I think we finished 8th rather than 6th.

Correct.

Bit odd comparing football ancient history for that comment Nameless. Makes sense when considered from the point of being relegated to L1

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Sep 2020 17:53

Why is this still a 'rumour' ... it's been confimred hasn't it?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Sep 2020 19:27

Surely Everton are missing a trick by not sending Gibson to League One where he might actually have a chance at playing?

If McIntyre really does want to be starting every week then I guess we have to loan him out (particularly if there are no offers for Moore) but I don't think it's the right thing for us, and it's a huge gamble on his part.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2020 20:00

Royalwaster Why is this still a 'rumour' ... it's been confimred hasn't it?

Scarf has been raised.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Sep 2020 23:33

SCIAG Surely Everton are missing a trick by not sending Gibson to League One where he might actually have a chance at playing?

If McIntyre really does want to be starting every week then I guess we have to loan him out (particularly if there are no offers for Moore) but I don't think it's the right thing for us, and it's a huge gamble on his part.

He had a huge impact at fleetwood and helped transform their defence making them into genuine automatic promotion contenders pre lockdown. He’s certainly more than good enough. The question if anything should be do we need him?

In regards to whether we need him, I’d say yes we do. We need a left footed centre back. Moore has struggled on the left and Morrison is too slow to play a high line with(it’s obvious Paunovic wants us to dominate the game, you can’t do that playing from deep). I’m not completely sold on McIntyre to be honest with you, I feel some of his game needs to sharpen up(for example against Luton he didn’t anticipate he was getting pressed, before he was fully closed down he realised what was happening too late and he lost the ball in a dangerous area) and I’m not convinced he’s the quickest although I am encouraged by what I’ve seen from him. He seems to struggle to avoid injuries in particular, in recent years he’s had some pretty serious injuries that left him out for a while.

It appears to be purely tactical, which aligns with our Eddie reporting that Paunovic made a huge effort to sign him and Gibson saying him and Paunovic had a very good conversation over what they want to play in. I trust Paunovic in this one personally.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Sep 2020 09:03

Snowball

Scarf has been raised.

:?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Sep 2020 11:13

Hendo
Snowball

Scarf has been raised.

:?

Excellent photoshopping. I can't see the join

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Sep 2020 11:24

he has a lovely set of teeth on him

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Sep 2020 11:53

Apart from « Lewis Gibson » he reminds me of someone

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Sep 2020 14:59

Snowball Apart from « Lewis Gibson » he reminds me of someone

Michael Morrison

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Sep 2020 15:54

Why is this not Comfimred and on the team board?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Sep 2020 15:58

Wycombe Royal Why is this not Comfimred and on the team board?

Unlike most of us, the mods probably have lives outside of HNA? :wink:

124 posts