Rumour - Kwadwo Asamoah

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Rumour - Kwadwo Asamoah

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 11:19

criteria for a work permit

The applicant must have participated in a minimum set percentage of their home country’s senior competitive international matches during the two years (or one year if under 21) preceding the date of application. The percentage is based upon the following:
International Team Ranked 1-10, must have appeared in 30% of matches;
International Team Ranked 11-20, must have appeared in 45% of matches;
International Team Ranked 21-30, must have appeared in 60% of matches; and
International Team Tanked 31-50, must have appeared in 75% of matches

Ghana are currently ranked 46 on the fifa website.

so he needs to have played 75% of ghanas games over the last two years. and from what i can find he played 4 games in 2019. and thats about it. so if he doesnt have dual citezenship then the WP doesn look like it meets the criteria

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 11:19

I'll believe it when I see it. Signing an ex Brazil International goalkeeper on a free from Serie A sounded pretty outlandish before it happened last year, but this is another level IMO. Still on the fringes for Inter last year.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 11:23

WoodleyRoyal criteria for a work permit

The applicant must have participated in a minimum set percentage of their home country’s senior competitive international matches during the two years (or one year if under 21) preceding the date of application. The percentage is based upon the following:

so he needs to have played 75% of ghanas games over the last two years. and from what i can find he played 4 games in 2019. and thats about it. so if he doesnt have dual citezenship then the WP doesn look like it meets the criteria

Last year we brought in Rafael for a free, despite no international appearance in 7 years. I don't see how that situation was different, given he'd been in Italy less time than this guy do presumably hadn't earned EU citizenship either.

You can appeal WPs if not automatically granted, so it's an unknown grey area really.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 11:27

WestYorksRoyal
WoodleyRoyal criteria for a work permit

Last year we brought in Rafael for a free, despite no international appearance in 7 years. I don't see how that situation was different, given he'd been in Italy less time than this guy do presumably hadn't earned EU citizenship either.

You can appeal WPs if not automatically granted, so it's an unknown grey area really.

He has dual citizenship he holds a Portugal passport as do many Brazilians https://www.bdfutbol.com/en/j/j90940.html

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 11:28

South Coast Royal Our last two ventures into signing international left-backs haven't worked out too well-Bridge and Drenthe.
Asamoah supposedly plays there and at left-midfield.

Pont 1 - Bridge was a class above until he got injured, hardly his or the clubs fault that happened, just one of those things.
Point 2 - In what world is Drenthe classed as a left back?
Point 3 - Ian Harte worked out pretty good.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2020 11:29

Hendo
South Coast Royal Our last two ventures into signing international left-backs haven't worked out too well-Bridge and Drenthe.

Pont 1 - Bridge was a class above until he got injured, hardly his or the clubs fault that happened, just one of those things.

Point 4 - Vic hasn't got a clue about football

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Oct 2020 11:39

Says he played 11 times for Inter last season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2020 13:25

Well Wiki says this of him

A dynamic, hardworking, energetic, versatile and tactically intelligent player, Asamoah is primarily known for his pace, strength, stamina, and his outstanding technical characteristics, as well as his ability to read the game; although he primarily serves as a ball-winner, these attributes allow him to be effective both offensively and defensively, and enable him to play in several positions along the pitch in defence or midfield. A predominantly left-footed player, with Juventus, Asamoah has usually been deployed as a full back, wing-back, or wide-midfielder on the left flank, although he had previously also been used in the centre as a defensive, central, box-to-box, or offensive midfielder prior to joining the club, and even in the "mezzala" role. In addition to his physical and athletic attributes, he is a very agile footballer, with good vision and an ability to make attacking runs and get into good offensive positions from which he can create chances for teammates with throughballs or deliveries into the area from the wing; he is also a neat passer, a powerful striker of the ball from distance, and a skilful dribbler. Despite his ability, Asamoah has often been sidelined through injury.

Given that last sentence, he’ll probably turn out to be good company for Joao.

Won’t believe a word of it until it happens though.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Oct 2020 13:43

Worth noting that Marseille and Lille both want him as well as some other Ligue 1 clubs.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 13:54

Hendo

Who said it was Bridge's fault?.

Read my post-I said it didn't work out.
Drenthe played as a full-back , wing back and winger.
Harte was a good dead-ball kicker but a dreadful defender.

Not really sure why you bothered to post.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Oct 2020 13:58

South Coast Royal
Hendo

Harte must have been a dreadful defender to have been part of a side that won 15 games out of 17 towards the end of the season, keeping 10 clean sheets in the process

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 14:00

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Point 4 - Vic hasn't got a clue about football

Whoever Vic is-you can't possibly be posting that about me ,junior.
When you grow up.......................................................................,oh, some people never do I suppose.
You are such a gormless child .

A liar too, as you said I was going on your ignore list.
Go sit on the naughty seat and stop posting just trying to build up the largest posting count, anyone with any class doesn't need to be posting 20 times or so per day in a "look at me " way when most of those posts are just drivel..

Lots of comments by you but seldom worthwhile and I do wonder why you bother you seedy, nasty little creep.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 14:01

South Coast Royal
Hendo

Well Bridge wasn't the club's fault either, not sure why you bought that up.

Please tell me which game Drenthe played full-back, I don't think I have ever seen a player less inclined to defend.

Yeah, Harte was terrible in that promotion season where we had the best defense in league :roll:

Give it a rest Vic...

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 14:01

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
Hendo

Harte must have been a dreadful defender to have been part of a side that won 15 games out of 17 towards the end of the season, keeping 10 clean sheets in the process

Opinions.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 14:04

Hendo
South Coast Royal
Hendo

Please tell me which game Drenthe played full-back, I don't think I have ever seen a player less inclined to defend.

Yeah, Harte was terrible in that promotion season where we had the best defense in league :roll:

Give it a rest Vic...

"Defense" doesn't have an "s" in it.
Go look at Drenthe's career record.
FFS- read my first post-I didn't say anything about being the club's fault, it was merely a point about how things turned out.

Surely you have better things to do than argue the toss about a fairly trivial comment.
Kids today eh?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2020 14:05

South Coast Royal
Hendo
South Coast Royal

Give it a rest Vic...

FFS- read my first post-I didn't say anything about being the club's fault, it was merely a point about how things turned out.

Surely you have better things to do than argue the toss about a fairly trivial comment.
Kids today eh?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Oct 2020 14:06

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ
South Coast Royal

Opinions.

Quite

Just interested to see why you think he was dreadful, other than him being painfully slow!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 14:17

South Coast Royal
Hendo
South Coast Royal

Give it a rest Vic...

Kids today eh?

Sorry but "defense", as you wrote it, certainly does have an "s" in it. I mean, its right there.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Oct 2020 14:25

NewCorkSeth
South Coast Royal
Hendo

Give it a rest Vic...

Kids today eh?

Sorry but "defense", as you wrote it, certainly does have an "s" in it. I mean, its right there.

Err it's DEFENCE.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 14:27

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

Opinions.

Quite

Just interested to see why you think he was dreadful, other than him being painfully slow!

He played a decisive role from an attacking perspective in that promotion season, scoring goals that mattered and in particular that deflected free-kick at Brighton.
In The Championship he got away with a lack of pace and poor judgement in the tackle in a winning side.

The next season at the higher level his defensive frailties were found out and having played in less than half the games and not scoring any remember that he was allowed to leave on a free at the end of the season.

I much prefer full-backs that can tackle and defend first and foremost unless they are in a system where the defensive midfielder and/ or sweeper covers that area and helps.
Marcus Alonso is the modern day equivalent of Harte and Chelsea have now invested a fortune in an all-rounder of a left-back.

As I , and you, said, it's opinions based on what you see and I acknowledge that I, as with most football fans, can be blinkered about players that we might like or dislike.

Staying with Richards, he is a player I like but Blackett I never liked so inevitably , as a fan, I probably saw more faults in Blackett''s play than I saw in Richards.
Likewise Yiadom>>>>Gunter and I am glad that neither Gunter nor Blackett are with us now.