Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Tomás Esteves

by Lower West » 04 Oct 2020 23:53

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal
Got to remember Holmes isn't a right back. Got a clear future with us.

I know that obvs. As I keep banging on he should be 4th choice centre back which seems about right for where he is right now. We do not need to have signed Gibson. Just my opinion of course but sometimes we do seem too happy to bring in players without giving some squad players a proper chance.

Got to assume Gibson is the LB cover we needed rather than CB.

The games are going to come thick and fast. 18 games before the New Year. That's a demanding schedule. Going to take it's toil on the youngsters in the squad in particular.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Oct 2020 00:26

Holmes was poor to start with against Watford. 3+ attacks down that side in first 10mins and almost conceded.

Grew into the game as we controlled the game more but I’d not have confidence in him against tough opposition at RB yet.

Definitely need further cover.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Oct 2020 01:12

Much as I love seeing academy players in the team this kid is something else and the fact we are even in with a chance of signing him is impressive.

If we pull this off, and one of the wingers then our squad starts to look very capable of a promotion push.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 07:41

Very happy with this.

Sadly as good as Yiadom is we cannot rely on him over a whole season, too injury prone.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Oct 2020 09:11

Zip
CountryRoyal He looks class but I’d feel for Holmes who did absolutely nothing wrong and probably deserves some time in the team.

This is my concern. I can see the likes of Holmes and McIntyre not even making the squad going forward let alone the starting line up. They are totally committed and have done well. I would hate to see them become disillusioned. They need to be given a fair chance.

The squad needs strengthening, scouting would tell you he is an excellent player, if they are good enough they stay in the team.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Oct 2020 09:13

Old Man Andrews Very happy with this.

Sadly as good as Yiadom is we cannot rely on him over a whole season, too injury prone.

Yeah, but he's no Tennai Watson (according to some on here) ;-)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 09:14

Concerned about Yiadom's knee certainly. Seems to have gone twice under limited impact. Shame as he basically played right through the calendar year when he played in the AFCON. Maybe that helped cause it

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 09:14

paultheroyal

Yeah, but he's no Tennai Watson (according to some on here) ;-)

Who is Tennai Watson? Joshua Kimmich has posters of Watson on his wall.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 09:15

paultheroyal
Zip
CountryRoyal He looks class but I’d feel for Holmes who did absolutely nothing wrong and probably deserves some time in the team.

This is my concern. I can see the likes of Holmes and McIntyre not even making the squad going forward let alone the starting line up. They are totally committed and have done well. I would hate to see them become disillusioned. They need to be given a fair chance.

The squad needs strengthening, scouting would tell you he is an excellent player, if they are good enough they stay in the team.

yeah this. No way Holmes can stay at right back for any length of time tbh. Its up to him and McIntyre to push for one of those CB positions.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 05 Oct 2020 09:17

Excited about this, hopefully he's almost as good as the last Portugal U21 player we had on loan

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2020 09:27

Hound
paultheroyal
Zip

yeah this. No way Holmes can stay at right back for any length of time tbh. Its up to him and McIntyre to push for one of those CB positions.

I’ve not argued Holmes should remain at right back. The issue I have is that Gibson has been brought in. Now if Gibson is cover for left back then all good. If he has come in to displace either Holmes or McIntyre as centre back cover then I don’t agree with it. I’m presuming it’s the latter if we are looking to loan out McIntyre.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 09:32

McIntyre I could see being a little upset, but I'd still expect him to make the squad each week and he will get games

Holmes has come in from nowhere pretty much. Another loan would be good for him. From accounts Gibson certainly seems ahead of Holmes development wise at the moment - tons of u23 games and successful games in Div1

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 09:38

Yeah would rather we loan out Holmes to a decent League 1 side, be a guaranteed starter.

I am not going to rule out Liam Moore leaving either, he has made a decent start to the season and is affordable.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Oct 2020 09:44

I can see an argument for Holmes being loaned out but not one for McIntyre.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2020 09:55

Can see McIntyre making the no.10 role his own.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2020 09:56

Maybe I'm not as clued up as others but why is everyone on Twitter creaming themselves at the thought of signing players they'd not heard of before yesterday?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 09:56

because its twitter. Like you've been told many times

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2020 10:05

genome Maybe I'm not as clued up as others but why is everyone on Twitter creaming themselves at the thought of signing players they'd not heard of before yesterday?

It is mainly that Talk Reading account. They get excited over the birthdays of 16 year old youth players so the thought of signing an actual player makes them more excitable than a pedo in a paddling pool.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 05 Oct 2020 10:42

genome Maybe I'm not as clued up as others but why is everyone on Twitter creaming themselves at the thought of signing players they'd not heard of before yesterday?

Its funny seeing the same people that were saying Loader is shit because he went to play for Porto B now getting so excited about signing a Porto B player :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Oct 2020 12:58

Simon's Church

Its funny seeing the same people that were saying Loader is shit because he went to play for Porto B now getting so excited about signing a Porto B player :lol:

Tbf a lot of people who actually follow the Portuguese game seem to think he’s very highlighted rated with great potential.

Anyway, he’s signed apparently.... so fully expect him to turn up in Bournemouth.

143 posts