Rumour - Tomás Esteves

143 posts
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Tomás Esteves

by Simon's Church » 05 Oct 2020 19:14

If signing an 18 yr old right back who has been taken off at half time in 2 of his 12 career starts doesn't fire us to the Premier league, then frankly nothing will.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Oct 2020 19:20

Simon's Church If signing an 18 yr old right back who has been taken off at half time in 2 of his 12 career starts doesn't fire us to the Premier league, then frankly nothing will.

Lol whilst I agree with the sentiment, he is supposed to be mustard

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Oct 2020 19:25

WoodleyRoyal
Simon's Church If signing an 18 yr old right back who has been taken off at half time in 2 of his 12 career starts doesn't fire us to the Premier league, then frankly nothing will.

Lol whilst I agree with the sentiment, he is supposed to be mustard

He's the mustard, the relish, the bun and the burger my friend. Take it from me, someone who has never seen him play.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 19:27

better hair than Riquelme as well

Exciting signing. looks like a rb version of Messi in the obligatory youtube

alfie9

by alfie9 » 05 Oct 2020 19:32

Kind of unfortunate for Yiadom as this position probably wouldn't have been covered if he and Araruna didn't both go down injured. This gives us good balance though. If Richards gets hurt, Yiadom can slot right in at LB, so he will be first choice backup at fullback and competing with Esteves on form.

If we loan a winger that gives us a squad size of 21 outfield senior players (without McNulty). Decent balance that. A few will miss out but with the injuries and suspensions of the championships we will be getting almost everyone involved each match day.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Oct 2020 19:32

Welcome Elves, but a 18 yo jumping into the championship is a baptism of fire. hope he adapts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Oct 2020 19:35

windermereROYAL Welcome Elves, but a 18 yo jumping into the championship is a baptism of fire. hope he adapts.

Michael Olise Piece of piss, mate.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Oct 2020 19:37

From Despair To Where?
windermereROYAL Welcome Elves, but a 18 yo jumping into the championship is a baptism of fire. hope he adapts.

Michael Olise Piece of piss, mate.

:D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Oct 2020 19:44

Don't want to overegg the pudding but this is a kid who made his debut for Porto and Portugal U21s at the age of 17.

He sounds like a real talent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2020 20:05

Looks like we've got a high tempo RB version of Ejaria there.

Looks very skillful, quick and enthusiastic. I like the range of tricks and just powerful running.

Mind you, be interesting to see how he copes the second time he tries to spin a veteran Championship midfielder and probably gets flattened for it.

Also, something that stood out to me, very few crosses in the highlights I could see.

Physicality may be an issue for him, but pace, skill and reading of the game certainly doesn't look like it will.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 05 Oct 2020 21:17

1.8 m high. Quite small for a defender in a previously unknown and very physical league. But welcome Tomas and very good luck young man. May the energy and enthusiasm of youth be with you and hopefully our senior players will guide you through

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2020 21:31

mumbo-jumbo 1.8 m high. Quite small for a defender in a previously unknown and very physical league. But welcome Tomas and very good luck young man. May the energy and enthusiasm of youth be with you and hopefully our senior players will guide you through

Taller than Richards and Araruna.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Oct 2020 21:31

mumbo-jumbo 1.8 m high. Quite small for a defender in a previously unknown and very physical league. But welcome Tomas and very good luck young man. May the energy and enthusiasm of youth be with you and hopefully our senior players will guide you through

Same height as Yiadom, Gunter and Obita, fair bit taller than Richards. Not sure where the height issue comes in....
At 18 he’s probably got a bit of filling out to do but pace and speed of thought are more important than brawn in a full back.
We shall see !
Interesting choice between him and Holmes, Holmes certainly gives us substantial physical presence so perhaps who starts will depend on the opposition. Esteves might be more effective as a second half sub.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Oct 2020 21:33

He looks really strong and considerably more mature than a lot of 18 year olds. If this latest foreigner with no experience of English football (Dellor speak) settles into the Championship as quickly and as well as his new boss, he'll do brilliantly!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Oct 2020 21:33

1.8m certainly isn’t small

Put him up against Yaks in training for a few weeks and I’m sure we’ll know if he can cut it or not. Sure he can, very much doubt we are much ‘tougher’ over here than anywhere else

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Oct 2020 21:39

Snowflake Royal Looks like we've got a high tempo RB version of Ejaria there.

Looks very skillful, quick and enthusiastic. I like the range of tricks and just powerful running.

Mind you, be interesting to see how he copes the second time he tries to spin a veteran Championship midfielder and probably gets flattened for it.

Also, something that stood out to me, very few crosses in the highlights I could see.

Physicality may be an issue for him, but pace, skill and reading of the game certainly doesn't look like it will.

Given how well we have been doing from set pieces, him winning a few free kicks wouldnt go amiss.

Olise, Swift and (based on last weekend) Aluko can all pump a ball into the box from deep. Watford were listed as being "excellent at defending set pieces" on whoscored yet we still challenged very well when given the opportunity. Nothing wrong with having a player they have to foul to stop.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Oct 2020 07:53

He's used to playing in blue and white so shouldn't be a problem in home games :-)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2020 10:06

Nothing like an away trip up north to a Warnock team to welcome him to English football. :lol: he’s either going to get murdered in the first 5 minutes or he’ll run rings around them and win the Ballon d'Or.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2020 10:07

Or he will just be on the bench as it takes time to adjust to English football.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Oct 2020 10:43

Old Man Andrews Or he will just be on the bench as it takes time to adjust to English football.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Or maybe he’ll do a hamstring while on international duty and be out until Christmas.....
Presumably if he is on onternati9nal duty he won’t join up,with the club until a few days before Boro so won’t really be ready to be involved much.

143 posts