Rumour: Joel Latibeaudiere

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour: Joel Latibeaudiere

by morganb » 08 Oct 2020 16:40

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTilehurst ... 1747286017

According to the Manchester Evening News, Reading FC are in talks with Man City's Joel Latibeaudiere, with a permanent deal expected to be done early next week. He's a CB, but can also play at full back.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-19067975

City defender Joel Latibeaudiere is in talks with Norwich and Reading as he appears to be nearing an exit from City.

MEN Sport understands Latibeaudiere, 20, will leave the Etihad before the domestic transfer deadline for EFL clubs, with a permanent deal expected to be completed early next week.

Latibeaudiere spent last season on loan at FC Twente.

TiagoIlori

Re: Rumour: Joel Latibeaudiere

by TiagoIlori » 08 Oct 2020 16:42

I’d be distraught if I were Tom Holmes or Tom McIntyre right now

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 16:45

If he's not good enough for Manchester City
how come he's good enough for Reading?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 16:46

TiagoIlori I’d be distraught if I were Tom Holmes or Tom McIntyre right now

Understood but isn't that the way of football? When Man City started splashing the cash
most of the first team rapidly became surplus to requirements..

Oil can't get a game for Arsenal, can't even make the Europa League Squad.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 16:47

We seem to be flirting with some great young talent

The future looks bright and stripey

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 16:48

Seems Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich were also interested.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 08 Oct 2020 17:03

Snowball

Understood but isn't that the way of football? When Man City started splashing the cash

There’s a way of football then there’s bad man management. With Tom Holmes and Tom McIntyre it looked like either of them could replace Michael Morrison for next season. Instead we are trying to sign a player that’s the same age which means potentially neither will get that chance in the end if it goes through. Brian Tevreden in a podcast mentioned that things like this happening really hurt a lot of our U23s players now they don’t have a clear pathway to the first team, I’d understand if Holmes and McIntyre looked utterly out their depth in this league but they don’t.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Oct 2020 17:05

Snowball Seems Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich were also interested.

Hopefully that is a "were" and not an "are" after Bournemouth stepped in to take Riquelme.
Swansea are possibly losing Rodon and there is talk of Steve Cook leaving Bournemouth so hopefully Reading will get this deal across the line quickly (if he is any good of course).

It takes some getting used to that doing a cruciate is no longer the career-ender that it used to be.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Oct 2020 17:14

Got good defenders, got full back cover. No. This is stupid.

Spend your resources where they're needed, don't stack up cost where you're fine for possibly marginal gains.

McIntyre, Holmes and Richards are the future of our defence.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 17:16

TiagoIlori
Snowball

There’s a way of football then there’s bad man management. With Tom Holmes and Tom McIntyre it looked like either of them could replace Michael Morrison for next season. Instead we are trying to sign a player that’s the same age which means potentially neither will get that chance in the end if it goes through. Brian Tevreden in a podcast mentioned that things like this happening really hurt a lot of our U23s players now they don’t have a clear pathway to the first team, I’d understand if Holmes and McIntyre looked utterly out their depth in this league but they don’t.

You are implying that this new guy is clearly a much better player, or very probably is.

Are you saying we shouldn't buy or loan-in much better players if they are within our budget?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 17:17

Have any of the nay-sayers considered the fact that

Moore could be leaving.

Morrison is getting older and may not be good enough next year?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Oct 2020 17:20

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Swansea. Was in that u17 WC winning team and knows cooper already

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Oct 2020 17:23

It's possible that he won't end up at Reading anyhow as he has a link with the Swansea manager and Norwich are low on CBs so both are probably above us in the pecking order:

Latibeaudiere was part of the England Under-17 set up that won the World Cup at that level in 2017 in a squad that included Callum Hudson Odoi, Jadon Sancho and Rhian Brewster under current Swansea chief Steve Cooper.

Norwich City have offloaded both Ben Godfrey and Timm Klose in recent days, leaving the Canaries with three senior centre backs now on the books in Ben Gibson, Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 17:24

Even getting associated with all this talent makes me feel better.

Not too many journeymen looking for a last pay-day, but hungry
youngsters. This guy, for example, if he moves to the Championship,
will be looking to star and end up back in the Premiership*

*If he came to RDG, hopefully with us... or a big payout for RDG.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Oct 2020 17:25

morganb
Latibeaudiere was part of the England Under-17 set up that won the World Cup at that level in 2017 in a squad that included Callum Hudson Odoi, Jadon Sancho and Rhian Brewster

Yeah but what happened to them, eh?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Oct 2020 17:45

Snowball Have any of the nay-sayers considered the fact that

Moore could be leaving.

Morrison is getting older and may not be good enough next year?

also- young players are notoriously up and down in terms of form and its good to have some other options so we dont have to play them when it may be better to drop them out for a few games..
a full season where the yoof can get game time playing with/covering the other defenders if there are injuries or loss of form would be incredibly valuable and mean they could happily go on to form the basis of a very talented, experienced young defence going forward

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 08 Oct 2020 18:04

Snowball
TiagoIlori
Snowball

You are implying that this new guy is clearly a much better player, or very probably is.

Are you saying we shouldn't buy or loan-in much better players if they are within our budget?

Why should we be strengthening an already very strong area when there are other clear weaknesses in our squad? Moore is staying because Bowen has gone and Pauno clearly rates him given he has played him in all our league games. McIntyre looks like the best candidate to replace Michael Morrison out of him and Tom Holmes(who by the way has done well whenever he’s played). We spend shed loads trying to maintain a category one status academy, what is the point if we don’t put faith in our young lads that look like they might be good enough to fill the gaps in our squad?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Oct 2020 18:24

If we are bringing this lad in then IMO we must tie down McIntyre to a new contract first - otherwise if I was him I would walk at the end of the season and we will have another Loader situation on our hands.

I really don't see the point of adding a CB when we have so many promising young players in this position. Not just McIntyre and Holmes but then Abbey and Dorsett. And if we are looking to replace Morrison and Moore as some have said, surely we would be looking for at least one experienced player to add next summer. Although personally I think Morrison deserves at least another year and Moore is only likely to go if we have a good season but fail to go up.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Oct 2020 18:26

Everton must already be pissed off that we signed Gibson only for him to seemingly be fourth or even fifth choice, imagine if we signed another young centre back and pushed him even further down.

I would support this if and only if he is a better option than Moore or Morrison. Otherwise frankly it’s unnecessary. We have three excellent young central defenders who should be good enough at this level and at least one of them (McIntyre) is likely to have some serious sale value if we don’t get promoted in the next few years.

Will not shred a tear if we miss out - although doubtless he’ll go on to have a great career.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Oct 2020 18:40

Feels like agent talk. Norwich local press already making it clear they aren't in talks so very possible we aren't either.