@EddieRFC7 Twitter

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: @EddieRFC7 Twitter

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 07:33

Zip O’Rourke saying Cardiff will sign Harry Wilson on loan. Someone I think would have been a good fit for us.

I think we're gonna be held back by the fact that we can't guarantee anyone a start. Which is obviously a pretty good problem to have.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Oct 2020 07:40

Pepe the Horseman
Zip O’Rourke saying Cardiff will sign Harry Wilson on loan. Someone I think would have been a good fit for us.

I think we're gonna be held back by the fact that we can't guarantee anyone a start. Which is obviously a pretty good problem to have.

And they're virtually guaranteed to get injured ...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2020 08:57

Pepe the Horseman

interestingly Eddie reported we are interested in him

Would be a good fit for us actually.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Oct 2020 09:15

Weren't Liverpool after about £1.5m fee for a season loan? Cant see us spending anywhere near that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2020 09:21

1m apparently. But he could be a big difference maker in that division.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 09:24

Simon's Church Weren't Liverpool after about £1.5m fee for a season loan? Cant see us spending anywhere near that

I think that’s a fair fee. What did we pay for the loan fee on Vydra? As you say the fee will probably rule us out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 09:29

Hound 1m apparently. But he could be a big difference maker in that division.

Something like 22 goals in 57 games at this level. Would make a big difference.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Oct 2020 10:00

He's also posting that we don't want to be a dumping ground until Jan and will only bring in a player if there is a commitment to the plan we now have. Read that as ideally only loan to buy option.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 10:20

Cardiff apparently paying a £1 million loan fee and paying his wages in full.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 10:52

Stranded He's also posting that we don't want to be a dumping ground until Jan and will only bring in a player if there is a commitment to the plan we now have. Read that as ideally only loan to buy option.

And that any signing will be with a long term view and not a quick fix. Clearly signs the club is moving in the right direction. A winger would be nice, but with Meite, Ejaria, Olise and Aluko not essential. It's great to see sense in our recruitment again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 11:50

Would be nice to offload some players today.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Oct 2020 12:03

Zip Would be nice to offload some players today.

Other than Walker, can't see how we can really offload many (excluding youngsters of course)

Almost have two players for every position now (with a couple in excess) which IMO is the perfect amount

Think the only ones that would be considered is one of the CB's (if we think five is too many) and possibly Baldock who I don't think will contribute much given the system we play (however, think experienced heads in the dressing room is always helpful)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 12:09

URZZZZ

Other than Walker, can't see how we can really offload many (excluding youngsters of course)

Almost have two players for every position now (with a couple in excess) which IMO is the perfect amount

Think the only ones that would be considered is one of the CB's (if we think five is too many) and possibly Baldock who I don't think will contribute much given the system we play (however, think experienced heads in the dressing room is always helpful)

I’d like to see Walker, Smith, Baldock and Watson moved on. Watson looks like staying but he is behind Esteves and Holmes in the pecking order let alone Yids and Araruna.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Oct 2020 12:12

Zip
URZZZZ

I’d like to see Walker, Smith, Baldock and Watson moved on. Watson looks like staying but he is behind Esteves and Holmes in the pecking order let alone Yids and Araruna.

I read somewhere Watson was on his way out but could be wrong

Think Baldock would suit a team who play two up front, although not sure many do that anymore in the Champ but not sure whether Pauno would just want to rely on just Puscas and Joao (possibly Meite depending on whether he thinks he fits in there)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 12:21

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

Think Baldock would suit a team who play two up front, although not sure many do that anymore in the Champ but not sure whether Pauno would just want to rely on just Puscas and Joao (possibly Meite depending on whether he thinks he fits in there)

Watson seems to be being brought back into the senior squad. I think the injuries to Yids and Araruna May mean he retained but when they are fit I can’t see him coming close to making the squad.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 12:33

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

Watson seems to be being brought back into the senior squad. I think the injuries to Yids and Araruna May mean he retained but when they are fit I can’t see him coming close to making the squad.

looked at the team squad on the offical site, after reading your post about wanting player to leave to see who w could afford to go. And i don't know if this has any bearing but watson doesnt have his picture against his name sam smith and ryan east too. Could mean nothing, but could also be an indication of the players expected to leave.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Oct 2020 12:34

WoodleyRoyal
Zip
URZZZZ

looked at the team squad on the offical site, after reading your post about wanting player to leave to see who w could afford to go. And i don't know if this has any bearing but watson doesnt have his picture against his name sam smith and ryan east too. Could mean nothing, but could also be an indication of the players expected to leave.

Yes I think it’s relevant. Smith has been told he could leave so expect him to be joining a lower division club. East too. Watson has been training with the first team squad so not sure about his position now.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 13:03

Zip
WoodleyRoyal
Zip

Yes I think it’s relevant. Smith has been told he could leave so expect him to be joining a lower division club. East too. Watson has been training with the first team squad so not sure about his position now.

All three of them in the U23s team today, so would think that means they're not going anywhere.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Oct 2020 13:14

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
WoodleyRoyal

All three of them in the U23s team today, so would think that means they're not going anywhere.

And as if by magic, Smith scores for the U23s (a good bit of shop-windowing if he is indeed looking to move on today)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Oct 2020 13:32

Smith really should move on. He has plenty to offer in Div 2, and is just wasting good years of his career hanging round here

East isnt up to it, and neither is Watson from what I've seen/heard nowadays, so be in their interests to a lesser extent to go as well. Not convinced either of them have a league career in them tbh