Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 10:58

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth oxf*rd it im going to list more players who played less or about the same amount of games as Olise has and moved for more than 10 million.

John Obi Mikel
Fabio Silva
Sergio Ramos
Marquinhos
Wan-Bissaka
Joao Felix
William Saliba

:lol: You think Real Madrid are going to sign Olise?

:lol: You think that transfer fees are dictated by how many games a player has played in. Nevermind the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You keep on trucking.

My bet - if Olise goes he will go to a lower/mid prem team for sub £15mil. Feel free to quote me on this in a few months time and ridicule me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2020 11:18

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
:lol: You think Real Madrid are going to sign Olise?

:lol: You think that transfer fees are dictated by how many games a player has played in. Nevermind the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You keep on trucking.

My bet - if Olise goes he will go to a lower/mid prem team for sub £15mil. Feel free to quote me on this in a few months time and ridicule me.

You have already upped it from 10 to 15. What about add ons? Will they count?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Dec 2020 11:47

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
morganb
No idea. Read it on another thread on here. Not sure what he did this time to get a ban.

And here was me thinking the TB was an unmoderated free for all.

He was obnoxious and offensive to too many people for too long across the entire board.

Interestingly he was gone within about 2 days of someone pming me to say they'd had enough and emailed hobnob direct.

Well done and good riddance to him, I've called him out as a bully many times, good to see sensible moderation

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 13:36

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth :lol: You think that transfer fees are dictated by how many games a player has played in. Nevermind the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You keep on trucking.

I said I would take circa £10mil for him but I wouldn't rule out him going for up to £15mil. Certainly don't think we will get what Billingham went for, which is apparently now the base. I also did say I'd take £10mil plus sell on clauses.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2020 13:43

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

I said I would take circa £10mil for him but I wouldn't rule out him going for up to £15mil. Certainly don't think we will get what Billingham went for, which is apparently now the base. I also did say I'd take £10mil plus sell on clauses.

Liverpool and Leeds will offer the full £8m release clause :shock: :lol: :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=5044099#p5044099/

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Dec 2020 13:45

I think ITK Eddie on Twitter said what several others have pointed out, if he had an £8m release and this many clubs were interested, at least one of them would would have put a bid in by now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 13:51

tidus_mi2 I think ITK Eddie on Twitter said what several others have pointed out, if he had an £8m release and this many clubs were interested, at least one of them would would have put a bid in by now.

well tbf they couldn't sign hum until Jan. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks' time

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2020 14:28

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

So, my question is, if the reported fee turns out to be 15 plus additional fees in various clauses, will you claim you were right or will you admit he went for more?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2020 14:30

Hound
tidus_mi2 I think ITK Eddie on Twitter said what several others have pointed out, if he had an £8m release and this many clubs were interested, at least one of them would would have put a bid in by now.

well tbf they couldn't sign hum until Jan. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks' time

Nothing would have stopped them making a bid 2 months ago if he had an 8 million release clause. Which if he does i would suggest every club in the world should be on the blower right now. Thats real value for money.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Dec 2020 15:07

Hound

Incorrect, they could have made an offer and agreed terms, he would just remain contracted to us until the January transfer window opened.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 15:09

tidus_mi2
Hound

Incorrect, they could have made an offer and agreed terms, he would just remain contracted to us until the January transfer window opened.

theoretically yeah. Scratching my head for a time when that has actually happened though. Can think of a couple where it was like a week before. They'd just wait until Jan 1st surely (though obvs stuff going on behind the scenes)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2020 15:15

Hound
tidus_mi2
Hound

theoretically yeah. Scratching my head for a time when that has actually happened though. Can think of a couple where it was like a week before. They'd just wait until Jan 1st surely (though obvs stuff going on behind the scenes)

Um. It happens all the time. Clubs agree a fee and contract in advance of the window. Bernardo Silva springs to mind.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 15:16

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth You have already upped it from 10 to 15. What about add ons? Will they count?

So, my question is, if the reported fee turns out to be 15 plus additional fees in various clauses, will you claim you were right or will you admit he went for more?

Was the Billingham deal 20m plus add ons? or just 20mil?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 15:19

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

25m + add ons according to Sky Sports

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 15:20

NewCorkSeth
Hound
tidus_mi2 Incorrect, they could have made an offer and agreed terms, he would just remain contracted to us until the January transfer window opened.

Um. It happens all the time. Clubs agree a fee and contract in advance of the window. Bernardo Silva springs to mind.

hmm maybe. Guess if its a release clause there is no fee to be agreed though really

though yes for sure personal terms could be agreed etc

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Dec 2020 15:23

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

Dunno. Not privy to the details.

Does it matter? If we get 15 million plus add ons that could take the deal over 20 million will you claim that isnt 20 million so you were correct?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Dec 2020 15:31

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

€25 million including add ons. I don't know what the base amount is, that wasn't reported.
it was originally going to be €33million, but they negotiated downwards because of covid, Birmingham needed the money.
he got a 5 year contract with them worth €15million.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 22 Dec 2020 15:51

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth So, my question is, if the reported fee turns out to be 15 plus additional fees in various clauses, will you claim you were right or will you admit he went for more?

Does it matter? If we get 15 million plus add ons that could take the deal over 20 million will you claim that isnt 20 million so you were correct?

Ok I will clarify - sub £15mil as the announced transfer. Add ons get complicated and never fully confirmed. But lets remember it was claimed that the transfer fee for Bellingham was the base. The base.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 Dec 2020 16:00

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

Ok I will clarify - sub £15mil as the announced transfer. Add ons get complicated and never fully confirmed. But lets remember it was claimed that the transfer fee for Bellingham was the base. The base.

Probs take circa 10mil for him. 8 mil potentially is fine depending on sell on clauses etc

You: My base excluding sell-on clauses is £8million.

Everybody else : well look at Bellingham, it's got to be considerably more than £8m.

You - frantically trying to rewrite your own posting history, as well as reframing what everybody has said so you don't look daft later, but claiming you're "clarifying".

We see you.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Dec 2020 16:00

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871

It doesn't mean it would be the same or more than that, its just there as something to compare an the outstanding teenager playing the champ with. Which Olise is.

So it is indeed the baseline.

Saying the minimum you'd take is 8m isnt a 'baseline', thats the minimum figure you'd take. My minimum would currently be 20m

471 posts