Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Notts Royal » 07 Apr 2021 13:09

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner I see Chavvy Chelsea are making serious noises on wanting him now.
I can see his career panning out in the following way there.
Gets 5 games in a season....all League or FA cup.
Gets loaned out in January to a Championship club.
Summer gets loaned out to EFL C, L1 and 2 club for season.
Spends next 5 years on contract on loan.
Leaves for L1 club on free.
Ends up playing for shit club on continent.

He's more likely to have Sidwell's career of knocking about in their reserves getting the occasional game for a few seasons and then go and play for a solid PL team where he becomes a mainstay.

Depends on how Chelsea evolve under Tuchel - in the last PL game 5 of the 20 man squad were from their youth ranks and quite a few have got decent minutes this year admittedly under Lampard.

He may be wary of heading back to Chelsea as they let him go once or he may feel he has unfinished business there.

Wherever he goes, I expect him to go this summer and given he only has 12 months left that we'll get 10 to 12m for him (maybe more but only if that is incentivised)

Which makes it even more of a crying shame that we’ve not been there to witness him this season. He’s been incredible at times.

But would prefer the money now than watch him leave for free. Also not convinced both him & Ejaria play that well when both are on the pitch; Swift & 1 other I think brings better balance to the team. And after spending most of the season injured, I can’t see teams coming in for Swift

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Apr 2021 13:25

I must be one of the few who's not too fussed.

Much more upset when Siggy went.

He's had some good games and some great passes but also dips into being anonymous and shite a lot of the time.

A fit Swift, a few £million, and another Laurent-esque rising star and I'll be happy.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Apr 2021 14:35

Notts Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal He's more likely to have Sidwell's career of knocking about in their reserves getting the occasional game for a few seasons and then go and play for a solid PL team where he becomes a mainstay.

Depends on how Chelsea evolve under Tuchel - in the last PL game 5 of the 20 man squad were from their youth ranks and quite a few have got decent minutes this year admittedly under Lampard.

He may be wary of heading back to Chelsea as they let him go once or he may feel he has unfinished business there.

Wherever he goes, I expect him to go this summer and given he only has 12 months left that we'll get 10 to 12m for him (maybe more but only if that is incentivised)

Which makes it even more of a crying shame that we’ve not been there to witness him this season. He’s been incredible at times.

But would prefer the money now than watch him leave for free. Also not convinced both him & Ejaria play that well when both are on the pitch; Swift & 1 other I think brings better balance to the team. And after spending most of the season injured, I can’t see teams coming in for Swift

Don’t Chelsea already have Mount and Gilmour who are young attacking midfielders fairly similar to Olise ? If they signed him you have to think it would be a purely commercial interest planning to turn a few million quid profit in a couple of years time.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Apr 2021 14:55

Millsy I must be one of the few who's not too fussed.

He's had some good games and some great passes but also dips into being anonymous and shite a lot of the time.

A fit Swift, a few £million, and another Laurent-esque rising star and I'll be happy.

im not that bothered by him (or richards) going. theyre alright, not as good as they seem to think right now. and i dont really like them that much as people/players (possibly because they want to go, which always gets my back up :lol: )
its generally bad for us as a club to lose our best young talent, but having an academy is generally about adding players to the first team AND also selling them on for big profits and with Olise at least, both of those have been achieved, (though id like the first bit to be a bit longer before moving to the second bit.)

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 08 Apr 2021 15:58

Maneki Neko

im not that bothered by him (or richards) going. theyre alright, not as good as they seem to think right now. and i dont really like them that much as people/players (possibly because they want to go, which always gets my back up :lol: )
its generally bad for us as a club to lose our best young talent, but having an academy is generally about adding players to the first team AND also selling them on for big profits and with Olise at least, both of those have been achieved, (though id like the first bit to be a bit longer before moving to the second bit.)

+1 to every sentence.

I used to think all academy players must have an affection for the club, but they dont because lots of them are brought in from other academies when released. As a Cat 1 academy we get first dibs or something...These players are often from London, have no connection with the club any more than any other player we've signed.

Players like Holmes are different.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Apr 2021 17:39

Greatwesternline
Maneki Neko

+1 to every sentence.

I used to think all academy players must have an affection for the club, but they dont because lots of them are brought in from other academies when released. As a Cat 1 academy we get first dibs or something...These players are often from London, have no connection with the club any more than any other player we've signed.

Players like Holmes are different.

Much more upset about Richards, as we're losing him on a free. As for Olise, we have Meite, Swift and Ejaria. Clearly we'll need more depth, but taking £15m for Olise and spending a little of it on a lower league prospect is exactly what we should be doing. Ideally we'd have another academy kid ready to fill his shoes, but not aware of one who may be ready. Isn't Tetek a different player with a deeper role?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 09 Apr 2021 10:07

WestYorksRoyal Much more upset about Richards, as we're losing him on a free. As for Olise, we have Meite, Swift and Ejaria. Clearly we'll need more depth, but taking £15m for Olise and spending a little of it on a lower league prospect is exactly what we should be doing. Ideally we'd have another academy kid ready to fill his shoes, but not aware of one who may be ready. Isn't Tetek a different player with a deeper role?

At the beginning of the season i thought Richards was immense. I didnt understand how an average championship player had turned into a Premier league player during the Summer.

But for quite a while now i've thought hes reverted more back to simply being a capable LB. At 23, he isnt as young as one might imagine either.

Is he that much better than Obita in his prime? Give me an aging Ian Harte any day.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Apr 2021 10:11

Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal Much more upset about Richards, as we're losing him on a free. As for Olise, we have Meite, Swift and Ejaria. Clearly we'll need more depth, but taking £15m for Olise and spending a little of it on a lower league prospect is exactly what we should be doing. Ideally we'd have another academy kid ready to fill his shoes, but not aware of one who may be ready. Isn't Tetek a different player with a deeper role?

At the beginning of the season i thought Richards was immense. I didnt understand how an average championship player had turned into a Premier league player during the Summer.

But for quite a while now i've thought hes reverted more back to simply being a capable LB. At 23, he isnt as young as one might imagine either.

Is he that much better than Obita in his prime? Give me an aging Ian Harte any day.

Yes, he is better than Obita in his prime and as for Harte, while a good set piece taker, there is also this...

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 09 Apr 2021 10:33

Hendo
Greatwesternline

Yes, he is better than Obita in his prime and as for Harte, while a good set piece taker, there is also this...

I know its not what they're for but Harte's corners alone probably added 5 goals a season. Richards is better than Obita, but in the big scheme of things, i'm not sure he is that much better. Be interesting to see where he goes at 26 having spent 3 years not even making the bench at Bayern.

They literally have 2 world class left backs, even once Alaba has left. Richards has generously 8 years left in his career at the top end. how many years will he waste at Bayern.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Apr 2021 10:59

Richards has definitely been up and down since Christmas. Some fantastic performances, and some very average ones. Which was the game he got hooked in I think after an absolutely abysmal first 45?

Got to the point where I dont really bat an eyelid if Gibson is picked instead tbh

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Apr 2021 14:04

Hound Richards has definitely been up and down since Christmas. Some fantastic performances, and some very average ones. Which was the game he got hooked in I think after an absolutely abysmal first 45?

Got to the point where I dont really bat an eyelid if Gibson is picked instead tbh

Understandable if he has one eye on Bayern - human nature to perhaps be a bit more cautious when a big career boost is coming up.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 09 Apr 2021 19:38

Both Olise & Richards have been brill this season, but neither will get RFC legend status.

Rino should get legend status for me...churns out 7/10 performances week on week, keeps his feet on the ground, is never talked up by the media, but is an extremely important player for us. Would be much more disappointed if he left than the other 2

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Apr 2021 11:38

Notts Royal Both Olise & Richards have been brill this season, but neither will get RFC legend status.

Rino should get legend status for me...churns out 7/10 performances week on week, keeps his feet on the ground, is never talked up by the media, but is an extremely important player for us. Would be much more disappointed if he left than the other 2

Rino strikes me as a bit of a modern Parky.

Not the most gifted footballer. But cut him and he bleeds determination. And he knows how to play around his limitations, keep things simple and always make his play positively contribute to the TEAM.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Apr 2021 18:46

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal Both Olise & Richards have been brill this season, but neither will get RFC legend status.

Not the most gifted footballer. But cut him and he bleeds determination. And he knows how to play around his limitations, keep things simple and always make his play positively contribute to the TEAM.

Disagree ... much more talented than Parky.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 11 Apr 2021 10:31

Snowflake Royal

Yes exactly...he’s one of those players who could probably play at any level without getting noticed much...which is good for us. He doesn’t do anything outstanding but as you say, his play is positive and always helps the team around him. I think the Champ is probably his level which is no disgrace. He did make a few loose passes the other night, but it’s very rare for him to have a shocker, and is always a 7/10 player. Those players are vital for the continuity of the team, especially when the flashy players move on

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Apr 2021 10:57

Maneki Neko

Agree with all that although Richards I'm far more disappointed to be losing. For me a fit Swift is better than Olise. Richards on the other hand, leaving on a free compounded with the fact we don't really have a suitable replacement. I also think Richards could actually be one of the best English RB's around and his attitude seems far better than Olises.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Apr 2021 10:59

Hound Richards has definitely been up and down since Christmas. Some fantastic performances, and some very average ones. Which was the game he got hooked in I think after an absolutely abysmal first 45?

:shock: I was pulling my hair out at Gibsons selection.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Apr 2021 16:54

Jagermesiter1871
Maneki Neko

Agree with all that although Richards I'm far more disappointed to be losing. For me a fit Swift is better than Olise. Richards on the other hand, leaving on a free compounded with the fact we don't really have a suitable replacement. I also think Richards could actually be one of the best English RB's around and his attitude seems far better than Olises.

What makes you think Richards could be a top RB ?
And I’m not sure it’s a shock that a full back is rather less ‘charismatic’ than a flair player like Olise. Not sure where to he idea he has a ‘bad attitude’ comes from, he’s just extremely confident in his ability.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2021 20:25

Jagermesiter1871 For me a fit Swift is better than Olise.

As a teenager, Olise has just equaled Swift's best season for Reading in terms of goal contributions, in fewer appearances.

Swift's had a couple of seasons where he's scored more goals (one with Brentford)(though with games to go Olise could still match that), but when he did he created a lot fewer assists.

Swift seems a more versatile player for sure, and is better deeper, but when taking on the same sort of advanced role I think Olise has passed Swift at this point. Although if Swift hadn't had those injuries and had to relearn how to run things might be different.

Swift's injury record also has to be considered. He's managed 30 starts for us twice in 5 seasons and it seems unlikely he's going to stop getting injuries as he moves through his mid-20s and into the latter stages of his career, if he couldn't avoid regular ones in his early 20s.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2021 19:40

I remember some very silly posters on here a year or 2 back saying we should sell Olise for £2m :lol: :lol:

471 posts