Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Lower West » 05 Apr 2021 21:11

bcubed
Lower West Sell Olise and buy Twine from Swindon. Genuine talent and a good pro.

Isn't there a separate thread?

A joke thread.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 06 Apr 2021 08:06

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Apr 2021 08:19

Lower West
bcubed
Lower West Sell Olise and buy Twine from Swindon. Genuine talent and a good pro.

Isn't there a separate thread?

A joke thread.

Was attempting humour. Twine Thread :shock:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Apr 2021 08:22

Linden Jones' Tash https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9438517/amp/Championship-facing-financial-armageddon-TEN-clubs-placed-transfer-embargo-month.html

Might be relevant

Yikes

Although it is the Mail

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Apr 2021 09:10

bcubed
Linden Jones' Tash https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9438517/amp/Championship-facing-financial-armageddon-TEN-clubs-placed-transfer-embargo-month.html

Might be relevant

Yikes

Although it is the Mail

And once you find a way to read the article it seems to be mostly an admin thing rather than a ‘financial armageddon’. I don’t doubt the fact that the EFL seem to have pretty much ignored the impact of COVID on
club finances makes FFP even more ridiculous and we’ll have some challenges this summer if there isn’t a bit more realism from the authorities. Our finances must look very different to how they were 2 years ago (on both sides of the balance sheet).

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 06 Apr 2021 10:41

The article in the Mail does appear to be scaremongering (shock. horror) and as the previous poster says it's purely an administrative issue at this stage.

The football finance expert Kieran Maguire has tweeted
''Issue arises because under Covid-19 emergency legislation clubs have an extra three months to submit their accounts and have them audited, so gives most clubs until 30 June 2021. EFL requires accounts in by 31 March 2021 so appears to have applied transfer bans''

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Apr 2021 10:43

Could this be why we haven't sorted McIntyre's contract yet?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Apr 2021 11:26

Can't see how it would be related Pepe.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 06 Apr 2021 11:37

The Paunovitch interview on Olise is mildly damming with extremely faint defence of his player.

"We have to understand one thing - he [Olise] is a young lad who likes to be special," said the manager. "He does these kinds of things because he wants to call attention.

"Of course, we will give him that attention that he needs but whatever he meant with that [celebration], I don't want to bite or discuss it.

"If he has something to say then he should say it but I won't bother to go that way."

in other words, he's an attention seeking prick. I'm not going to criticise his celebration in public. He needs to pipe down.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Apr 2021 11:39

Snowflake Royal Can't see how it would be related Pepe.

Clutching at straws but wondered if a full on transfer embargo could also prevent contract renewals.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Olise being sold for £

by Nameless » 06 Apr 2021 11:57

Pepe the Horseman

Clutching at straws but wondered if a full on transfer embargo could also prevent contract renewals.

I think if you take semantics out of it then yes, it would.
I believe what is usually called a ‘transfer embargo’ is in reality a ban on making new player registrations. The reason for that is to stop a club taking on financial commitments it can’t afford. So potentially if a club was in serious breach of FFP the league probably could stop it handing out new contracts to existing players or pro contracts to Academy players.
I’ve heard a couple of things which make me think we aren’t under as stringent controls as this although we may be restricted as to what contracts we can offer and how many of them. With the potential of playoffs / promotion things could change quite a lot so my guess is we are still talking to players about new dealsbut probably holding off confirming anything until the end of the season. It’s a risky strategy of course ....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Apr 2021 12:03

Greatwesternline The Paunovitch interview on Olise is mildly damming with extremely faint defence of his player.

"We have to understand one thing - he [Olise] is a young lad who likes to be special," said the manager. "He does these kinds of things because he wants to call attention.

"Of course, we will give him that attention that he needs but whatever he meant with that [celebration], I don't want to bite or discuss it.

"If he has something to say then he should say it but I won't bother to go that way."

in other words, he's an attention seeking prick. I'm not going to criticise his celebration in public. He needs to pipe down.

He's an 18 year old star with loads of potential, it's kind of expected he'd be a bit of a prick isn't it?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 06 Apr 2021 12:12

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline The Paunovitch interview on Olise is mildly damming with extremely faint defence of his player.

He's an 18 year old star with loads of potential, it's kind of expected he'd be a bit of a prick isn't it?

True, but being a bit of a prick could be career limiting.

Some players his age make their breakthrough higher up the pyramid, and dont seem pricks. Marcus Rashford didnt come across like him when he scored 2 goals on his debut for Man U.

I think Pauno isnt keen on him based on those quotes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Apr 2021 12:58

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal

Some players his age make their breakthrough higher up the pyramid, and dont seem pricks. Marcus Rashford didnt come across like him when he scored 2 goals on his debut for Man U.

I would understand it if Pauno didn`t like him, most at the club act like adults to achieve the ultimate aim of success rather than acting like an overgrown spoilt brat. the goal he scored at QPR brings it all back for me.
While you play for this team you celebrate with this team without going into your own little lonely bubble.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 06 Apr 2021 13:31

windermereROYAL
Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal He's an 18 year old star with loads of potential, it's kind of expected he'd be a bit of a prick isn't it?

I would understand it if Pauno didn`t like him, most at the club act like adults to achieve the ultimate aim of success rather than acting like an overgrown spoilt brat. the goal he scored at QPR brings it all back for me.
While you play for this team you celebrate with this team without going into your own little lonely bubble.

Agreed.

Its quite weird on a human level, not wanting to celebrate something with people you spend all week with.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Apr 2021 13:41

It's quite common for players to wave the others off if they've got a specific routine planned.

I don't care if Pauno likes him and I doubt Pauno does much either. It's whether he's good.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Apr 2021 14:41

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman

I believe what is usually called a ‘transfer embargo’ is in reality a ban on making new player registrations. The reason for that is to stop a club taking on financial commitments it can’t afford. So potentially if a club was in serious breach of FFP the league probably could stop it handing out new contracts to existing players or pro contracts to Academy players.
I’ve heard a couple of things which make me think we aren’t under as stringent controls as this although we may be restricted as to what contracts we can offer and how many of them. With the potential of playoffs / promotion things could change quite a lot so my guess is we are still talking to players about new dealsbut probably holding off confirming anything until the end of the season. It’s a risky strategy of course ....

Would a registration ban really effect new deals? Those players are already registered as our players, so the only thing changing is the length of that registration - unless signing a new deal means a player has to be re-registered for some reason?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Apr 2021 14:46

Stranded
Nameless
Pepe the Horseman Clutching at straws but wondered if a full on transfer embargo could also prevent contract renewals.

Would a registration ban really effect new deals? Those players are already registered as our players, so the only thing changing is the length of that registration - unless signing a new deal means a player has to be re-registered for some reason?

It'll be the wages. Clubs under embargoes generally aren't allowed to increase their wage bill...some of the players we are looking to give new deals to will not significantly increased wages...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Apr 2021 18:57

windermereROYAL
Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal He's an 18 year old star with loads of potential, it's kind of expected he'd be a bit of a prick isn't it?

Maybe putting 2 and 2 together but Rafael also made comments post match along the lines of everything he does he does as part of the team. No I in team kind of stuff.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Apr 2021 22:02

From Despair To Where? No I in team kind of stuff.

But there is an ‘m’ and an ‘e’

471 posts