Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
PATRIQT

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by PATRIQT » 01 Jun 2021 12:49

Elm Park Kid If FFP isn't a big issue then I think we would hang-on for £15m for Olise. That's peanuts for PL clubs for the the league's best young player. And you'd have to assume that there are at least couple of PL clubs will be interested.

With only one year left on his contract? I think we'll do well to get £5m.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jun 2021 13:00

Pepe the Horseman Chatting to a couple of the players on Sat, and they're expecting him to still be here next season. Which, unless he signs a new contract, is pretty bad news.

Either they get him to sign a new contract or they sell him, there's no middle ground here. If they keep hold of him in some vain attempt to chase the Premier League when we already have no wiggle room financially then I can see us getting oxf*rd hard by FFP. I really don't want to be here this time next season seeing Olise leave for compensation.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 01 Jun 2021 13:00

if not selling him/moore stops us offering good contracts to other young players its a oxf*rd idiotic choice.
if it results in points deductions and fines its criminal

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 01 Jun 2021 14:53

tidus_mi2
Pepe the Horseman Chatting to a couple of the players on Sat, and they're expecting him to still be here next season. Which, unless he signs a new contract, is pretty bad news.

Either they get him to sign a new contract or they sell him, there's no middle ground here. If they keep hold of him in some vain attempt to chase the Premier League when we already have no wiggle room financially then I can see us getting oxf*rd hard by FFP. I really don't want to be here this time next season seeing Olise leave for compensation.

Absolutely this. We have to sell unless he signs up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jun 2021 15:24

Agree that we cannot let Olise run down his contract and leave for very little next summer. I’d rather he be sold this summer for a big fee to ease our financial position.
If he signs a new deal then it will be for big wages which we really cannot afford.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jun 2021 15:41

Zip Agree that we cannot let Olise run down his contract and leave for very little next summer. I’d rather he be sold this summer for a big fee to ease our financial position.
If he signs a new deal then it will be for big wages which we really cannot afford.

With £75k a week gone from our books we are in a far better position.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Jun 2021 15:43

JLow has written an entirely specious piece on GetReading which basically says that if we sell all our sellable players we can get £40-million.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Jun 2021 16:09

paultheroyal
Zip Agree that we cannot let Olise run down his contract and leave for very little next summer. I’d rather he be sold this summer for a big fee to ease our financial position.

We have LOADS of ground to make up. Getting big owners off the books helps, but it's not enough by itself.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 Jun 2021 16:25

WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal

We have LOADS of ground to make up. Getting big owners off the books helps, but it's not enough by itself.

In fairness, getting big owners off the books is likely to make matters worse

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2021 16:44

paultheroyal

Our last known wage bill was 211% of income. £75k a week is piss all.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jun 2021 17:05

paultheroyal

We have to start living closer to our true means. We can’t keep losing £40 million a year. Yes some big earners are off the books but we still have the likes of Moore, Puscas, Joao, Swift, Rafael and one or two others who will be on big money.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Jun 2021 17:06

We need to cut back on agents fees too. We seem to pay huge amounts out to these people.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jun 2021 07:56

If Olise does stay, I wonder if we have a clause in his contract that allows us to extend it for another year similar to the way Nevers deal was extended a year before he was sold to West Ham?

So we fight off any suitors this summer, instigate the automatic renewal and flog him next year if/when we fail to go up.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 02 Jun 2021 08:01

The JLow report gets the valuations from a transfermarkt - I get that clubs will be forced to sell assets this summer due to the pandemic but it has seriously undervalued some players and can’t help but think it’s lazy Journo work. I like JLow but this was a nothing more than a ‘what if’ story.

Fact is in our situation, everyone is available and may be sold to balance the books. However players will still be valued accordingly. Prem teams will still pay money if they want the player.

Olise - forget what people are willing to pay, if he has a minimum release fee he will be sold for that

Moore - still a 8-10 million defender

Rino and Laurent - again 8-10 million with both having good seasons for us

Meite - £10 million plus and we should hold for this. I think this transfer may be the one that most clubs look at along with Olise

Joao - cash in, first season that could be described as ‘prolific’ in his career. 10-15 million, looking at what other transfers have gone for into he past and taking Covid into account

Swift - whatever we can get with his injury record. He’s my favourite but we have to be realistic that his cost outweighs the benefits of keeping him around. 5 mill

Rafael - 2 mill, good back up keeer to promoted sides or a Brighton type

Would then look to build the team again if academy players and loans. For one minute I don’t think all the above will go but these are more realistic fees

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jun 2021 08:35

Stranded If Olise does stay, I wonder if we have a clause in his contract that allows us to extend it for another year similar to the way Nevers deal was extended a year before he was sold to West Ham?

So we fight off any suitors this summer, instigate the automatic renewal and flog him next year if/when we fail to go up.

That seems highly sensible and likely.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jun 2021 08:38

mikey0406 The JLow report gets the valuations from a transfermarkt - I get that clubs will be forced to sell assets this summer due to the pandemic but it has seriously undervalued some players and can’t help but think it’s lazy Journo work. I like JLow but this was a nothing more than a ‘what if’ story.

Fact is in our situation, everyone is available and may be sold to balance the books. However players will still be valued accordingly. Prem teams will still pay money if they want the player.

Olise - forget what people are willing to pay, if he has a minimum release fee he will be sold for that

Meite - £10 million plus and we should hold for this. I think this transfer may be the one that most clubs look at along with Olise

Joao - cash in, first season that could be described as ‘prolific’ in his career. 10-15 million, looking at what other transfers have gone for into he past and taking Covid into account

Swift - whatever we can get with his injury record. He’s my favourite but we have to be realistic that his cost outweighs the benefits of keeping him around. 5 mill

Would then look to build the team again if academy players and loans. For one minute I don’t think all the above will go but these are more realistic fees

Some of them seem very generous to me. I don't see Moore above £5m these days, Rino above £2m. On the other hand I'm positive that if Olise had a release fee he'd already be gone.

In top of that I don't think there's a chance all of our players are available with Yongge at the helm.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 02 Jun 2021 08:57

Think Paulo confirmed there was one last season, but didn’t say how much.

Rino 2 mill... that’s incredibly cheap

Moore 5 mill... again that seems a bargain for anyone picking him up

Guess someone is only worth what a team is willing to pay, time will tell

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Jun 2021 10:41

mikey0406 The JLow report gets the valuations from a transfermarkt - I get that clubs will be forced to sell assets this summer due to the pandemic but it has seriously undervalued some players and can’t help but think it’s lazy Journo work. I like JLow but this was a nothing more than a ‘what if’ story.

I do think 2 of the above will be sold this summer.....in an ideal world it would be Moore and Olise. A huge earner off the books which would allow us to offer some of the other players better contracts.....Tmac is an essential player to get signed up.
I would be quite bitter if Olise left and we only get compensation fee...Hopefully the owners have learned from the whole Loader situation....
Both Olise and Moore are easily replaced or we already have replacements in the team so we would just need a few squad players.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 02 Jun 2021 11:22

I think everyone is replaceable in football but Olise’s contribution last season will be tough to cover. I like Moore as a leader and a defender at this level but as Morrison has proved, there are people out there that can more than do a job.

Think it will rely on what teams offer and when, I really hope that business is done earlier and allows the team to have a pre-season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jun 2021 12:13

mikey0406 Think Paulo confirmed there was one last season, but didn’t say how much.

Rino 2 mill... that’s incredibly cheap

Moore 5 mill... again that seems a bargain for anyone picking him up

Guess someone is only worth what a team is willing to pay, time will tell

Didn't see Pauno say anything about it, but could easily have missed it.

I love Rino. Don't think he's going to catch the eye though. Don't see a PL club showing much interest at all. Laurent is more eye catching IMO so a different matter.

Moore's gone nowhere and got older since someone was offering about £8m for him. He's solid, but not that great.

471 posts