Rumour - Cohen Bramall

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Rumour - Cohen Bramall

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2021 07:45

Quite a few tweets linking us to the Colchester LB at the mo.

Was fairly highly rated at Arsenal but injuries had derailed his career a bit, seems to be performing well at Colchester and got his fitness back. Was likened to Ashley Cole by Arsene Wenger.

Likely be a small fee as out of contract in the summer. Still just 24.

Would imagine seen as the player to take over from Richards in the summer.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Cohen Bramall

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 10:05

Certainly need a left back even if Richards stays and also fits the mould of player the club has been targeting recently. He’s 24 (25 in April) so still has something to prove.

Made his professional league debut for Birmingham at home to Reading in August 2017.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Jan 2021 10:13

With Omar Richards contract expiring, Ethan Bristow’s contract expiring, thinking ahead to next season one must admit we are looking a little light at LB :shock:

This lad was brought to Arsenal by McDemott and has a good back story, working in the Bentley car factory up to just a couple of years ago. Could well be a success similar to how Laurent has adapted here.

Just odd that EFL are reportedly stopping us renewing contracts. All a little silly considering our owners are minted.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2021 10:26

Was very quick if I remember

Sounds a reasonable option - quite a big step up though

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Jan 2021 10:46

royalp-we
Just odd that EFL are reportedly stopping us renewing contracts. All a little silly considering our owners are minted.

Where is this being reported ?
How does it tie in with us being in discussions with several players regarding new contracts, and us bringing new players in?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Jan 2021 11:11

Hound Was very quick if I remember

Sounds a reasonable option - quite a big step up though

Are Colchester L1 or L2? Agree L2 to Championship is a big step, especially if he's seen as a replacement for Richards i.e. first choice next season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jan 2021 11:55

Definitely worth a punt. Out of contract in the summer so would be a pretty small fee.

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 10 Jan 2021 12:40

My Uncle has coached him when he was younger. Says he is a really good fullback with an accurate tackle. Could have don with him at Luton yesterday. Why do teams seem to cross unchallenged against us, is it the Managers style at fault?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Jan 2021 12:52

Nameless
royalp-we

How does it tie in with us being in discussions with several players regarding new contracts, and us bringing new players in?

From the Chronicle

When asked about whether financial restrictions from the EFL have played a part in the club's ability to renew contracts, Paunovic said "I want to talk about it, when I'm ready.

"I want to give you that answer because I think that is important to communicate with the media better to understand what is going on so we can have progress and solve the situation.

"At this point, I am not giving up on any of our players who may be approached in this window or the next one.

"They can be approached by other clubs and that's probably happening right now, but this is football.

"We know this business and while we are enjoying each other on and off the field and working together over the past five months has been excellent and exciting."

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2021 18:08

royalp-we
Nameless
royalp-we

From the Chronicle

When asked about whether financial restrictions from the EFL have played a part in the club's ability to renew contracts, Paunovic said "I want to talk about it, when I'm ready.

"I want to give you that answer because I think that is important to communicate with the media better to understand what is going on so we can have progress and solve the situation.

"At this point, I am not giving up on any of our players who may be approached in this window or the next one.

"They can be approached by other clubs and that's probably happening right now, but this is football.

"We know this business and while we are enjoying each other on and off the field and working together over the past five months has been excellent and exciting."

Well that doesn’t say anything about being restricted/prevented by the FL. It is no more than what we all expect, i.e. the club has a budget dictated largely by FFP which it has to live within. Deals can still be negotiated but within those known constraints.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Jan 2021 19:52

Sutekh
royalp-we
Nameless

From the Chronicle

Well that doesn’t say anything about being restricted/prevented by the FL. It is no more than what we all expect, i.e. the club has a budget dictated largely by FFP which it has to live within. Deals can still be negotiated but within those known constraints.

True, but reading between the lines from Paunos comments there’s more it - why mention the next window? Plus, it’s not just showing profit to renew Richards we need to worry about..

Dejan Tetek, Sone Aluko, Michael Morrison, Sam Baldock, Sam Walker, Tom McIntyre and Luke Southwood are all now free to talk to other clubs. Plus academy lads like Bristow, Watson, East, Lawless, Nevers, Onen, Andresson & Abbey - who wouldn’t cost much to renew.

I know we are unlikely to want to retain some of this lot - but there’s some promising young players there. Players like Tmac will not want to leave. On the face of it, seems far worse than we all expect, we’ve not tied anybody down to a new deal this season, even the academy :?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2021 23:47

I kinda feel like Academy lads who aren't already knocking right on the door tend to be attended to at the end of the season. I mean, let's be real. Who is knocking on Dejan Tetek's door right now that is more attractive than seeing how things go to the end of the season?

We know we're talking to Richards. McIntyre wasn't really a high priority in the summer. Holmes even less so. Watson's clearly been on the way out for sometime.

At Morrison's age we should really be only talking about 1 year, maybe with clauses for a second, from around January.

Aluko, Walker and Baldock are players we're desperate to move on.

And it's not clear if the club fancy Southwood or not.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Jan 2021 09:24

King Cnut My Uncle has coached him when he was younger. Says he is a really good fullback with an accurate tackle. Could have don with him at Luton yesterday. Why do teams seem to cross unchallenged against us, is it the Managers style at fault?

No it's because our left backs are shit left backs and they have been for literally years. We swooned over Obita but he was a bit of liability left back, great going forward. Liability Blackett, was just that, a liability at left back but again he was good going forward and less of a liabiliity before he moved. And same with Richards, always a bit of a liability defensively but again great going forward.

To have a left back who actually blocks crosses, nullifies opposition right wingers and secures that side of the pitch would be a dream, I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Jan 2021 09:26

Snowflake Royal I mean, let's be real. Who is knocking on Dejan Tetek's door right now that is more attractive than seeing how things go to the end of the season?.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-suggests ... jan-tetek/

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jan 2021 09:35

royalp-we
Sutekh
royalp-we
From the Chronicle

True, but reading between the lines from Paunos comments there’s more it - why mention the next window? Plus, it’s not just showing profit to renew Richards we need to worry about..

Dejan Tetek, Sone Aluko, Michael Morrison, Sam Baldock, Sam Walker, Tom McIntyre and Luke Southwood are all now free to talk to other clubs. Plus academy lads like Bristow, Watson, East, Lawless, Nevers, Onen, Andresson & Abbey - who wouldn’t cost much to renew.

I know we are unlikely to want to retain some of this lot - but there’s some promising young players there. Players like Tmac will not want to leave. On the face of it, seems far worse than we all expect, we’ve not tied anybody down to a new deal this season, even the academy :?

It’s a big concern. I would have expected one or two to have agreed new deals by now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2021 09:41

Millsy
King Cnut My Uncle has coached him when he was younger. Says he is a really good fullback with an accurate tackle. Could have don with him at Luton yesterday. Why do teams seem to cross unchallenged against us, is it the Managers style at fault?

No it's because our left backs are shit left backs and they have been for literally years. We swooned over Obita but he was a bit of liability left back, great going forward. Liability Blackett, was just that, a liability at left back but again he was good going forward and less of a liabiliity before he moved. And same with Richards, always a bit of a liability defensively but again great going forward.

To have a left back who actually blocks crosses, nullifies opposition right wingers and secures that side of the pitch would be a dream, I've almost forgotten what it feels like.

That’s exactly what Richards has done this season, hence why he is so rated

Wingers will always get the odd cross in

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2021 10:04

WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal I mean, let's be real. Who is knocking on Dejan Tetek's door right now that is more attractive than seeing how things go to the end of the season?.

Monitoring =/= attempting to sign. And I'm not really interested in dodgy speculation from amateur journalists.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Jan 2021 10:05

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal

Monitoring =/= attempting to sign. And I'm not really interested in dodgy speculation from amateur journalists.

Sure, don’t disagree. You asked the question I provided you an answer...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Jan 2021 14:09

Hound
Millsy

That’s exactly what Richards has done this season, hence why he is so rated

Wingers will always get the odd cross in

Yeah perhaps he has improved in that department. Which is of course why we made no efforts to keep him here longer until now. He doesn't fit the Reading Way.

Forty

by Forty » 11 Jan 2021 17:12

In the last few years that's mostly been down to .... Gunter. I accept we can't use that excuse now.