159 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Kadeem Harris

by NathStPaul » 02 Aug 2021 10:50

Hendo
Norfolk Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
Yeah this makes sense, once news coming in about transfer restriction being loosened. Pauno must of thought why sign plan B when i can get a player i was keen on months ago.
A good squad player - which realistically would replace Aluko in the team.

Can I be the first to say that the Sheffield Wednesday fans warned us about him?

Just like they did with Joao?

Yeah lets maybe not take the words of Sheffield Wednesday supporters as gospel. That club were a complete joke for the past two seasons and like with Joao, some players just need to be in a team that plays to their strengths.

Harris is an affordable signing and has league experience. We cannot really say no if he's interested in coming to us, we aren't blessed with many options.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2021 11:04

Very quick scan through a Sheff wed forum. This seems to be about as close to a consensus on him:

He works his socks off. He's lightning quick. He's rarely injured. He can play in a variety of positions. But his end product is pretty abysmal generally.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 02 Aug 2021 11:35

Hound Very quick scan through a Sheff wed forum. This seems to be about as close to a consensus on him:

He works his socks off. He's lightning quick. He's rarely injured. He can play in a variety of positions. But his end product is pretty abysmal generally.

Interesting in our current position I would take that, End product can be worked on. Rather that than Slow, Injured all the time, Will only play in one position, But he can pass the ball and has an eye for goal.

I am at the stage that I would take anyone at the moment as we do need a couple more senior players. Still think we need a LB aswell and a CM for cover neither have to be that flash just numbers. Even if Bristow did step up yo cant expect him to play circa 60 games in a season in his first year we would burn him out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 02 Aug 2021 12:34

linkenholtroyal
Hound Very quick scan through a Sheff wed forum. This seems to be about as close to a consensus on him:

Interesting in our current position I would take that, End product can be worked on. Rather that than Slow, Injured all the time, Will only play in one position, But he can pass the ball and has an eye for goal.

I am at the stage that I would take anyone at the moment as we do need a couple more senior players. Still think we need a LB aswell and a CM for cover neither have to be that flash just numbers. Even if Bristow did step up yo cant expect him to play circa 60 games in a season in his first year we would burn him out.

It is very unlikely we will play 14 cup games this season.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Aug 2021 17:30

Sounds like Jimmy Kebe. I'm in.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 17:32

Sounds just what you would expect from a free agent available to a Championship club.

Fairly positive review.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2021 22:18

Just having the threat of him running at pace, getting in behind or breaking will give teams more things to worry about when defending. So even if he doesn't deliver, he may make it easier for Joao / Swift / Ejaria to do so

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2021 08:26

Snowflake Royal Just having the threat of him running at pace, getting in behind or breaking will give teams more things to worry about when defending. So even if he doesn't deliver, he may make it easier for Joao / Swift / Ejaria to do so

That's it - he doesn't need to always beat a man and get a good cross in. Having a speed merchant on the wing means the full back has to defend differently, which will create more space elsewhere for someone else to utilise.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Aug 2021 08:28

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Just having the threat of him running at pace, getting in behind or breaking will give teams more things to worry about when defending. So even if he doesn't deliver, he may make it easier for Joao / Swift / Ejaria to do so

That's it - he doesn't need to always beat a man and get a good cross in. Having a speed merchant on the wing means the full back has to defend differently, which will create more space elsewhere for someone else to utilise.

It's why for all his flaws Meite is a huge miss for us.

We're a much better side when we have him as a threat on that right hand side. I've seen nothing of pre-season but how does Azeez stack up on the pace front.?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Aug 2021 08:29

It will be nice to have someone like Harris as a sub, bring him on after 60 minutes to run at tired defenders.

Think he will end up being a bit like Mo Barrow, moments of brilliance but also moments of complete frustration.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2021 08:32

Middlesbrough are also interested but he hasn't linked up with them - so would suggest if we are interested we have the slight edge.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Aug 2021 08:37

Stranded

Sounds just what you would expect from a free agent available to a Championship club.

Fairly positive review.

From what i've read on Owls Talk I think Hound is putting a bit of a positive spin on it tbh.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 03 Aug 2021 09:03

I think in the current situation, we have to put any positive spin on anyone coming in atm.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Aug 2021 12:48

Coppells Lost Coat I think in the current situation, we have to put any positive spin on anyone coming in atm.

Well I'd like to but there's no point also cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2021 14:57

VP confirms he is still with us, so clearly an interest and a hope we can sign him possibly even ahead of the weekend.

Garry Baldy

by Garry Baldy » 03 Aug 2021 15:44

I seem to remember us winning at Cardiff a few years ago with a last minute Kermorgant goal. Harris caught my eye that day and gave us a lot of trouble wide on their right. I'm surprised he doesn't seem to have progressed since then but, given our current plight, would have thought he is well worth a punt.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Aug 2021 16:01

Can we actually sign anyone at the moment? Apart, from something on Twitter I don’t recollect seeing anything official.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Aug 2021 16:47

blythspartan Can we actually sign anyone at the moment? Apart, from something on Twitter I don’t recollect seeing anything official.

Just read the interview with Pauno today by Jlow by the sounds of it still no agreement as of yet with the EFL but he is hopeful of signing players on soon. He did also say the word 'trialists' implicating there is more than one at the club not sure who else we might be looking at.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Aug 2021 18:29

linkenholtroyal
blythspartan Can we actually sign anyone at the moment? Apart, from something on Twitter I don’t recollect seeing anything official.

Just read the interview with Pauno today by Jlow by the sounds of it still no agreement as of yet with the EFL but he is hopeful of signing players on soon. He did also say the word 'trialists' implicating there is more than one at the club not sure who else we might be looking at.

All this confusion and delay in clubs understanding exactly where they are and being able to get clarity from the FL in good time is another argument to get rid of FFP and replace it with something else.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2021 08:51

Sutekh
linkenholtroyal

All this confusion and delay in clubs understanding exactly where they are and being able to get clarity from the FL in good time is another argument to get rid of FFP and replace it with something else.

Agree - it should be transparent really. Club x is under embargo because of y and it will only be lifted when condition z is met.

159 posts