Rumour - Connor Ogilvie

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Connor Ogilvie

by morganb » 14 May 2021 12:40

This has come from a EFL Hub on Twitter (not sure how reliable a source they are);

https://mobile.twitter.com/efl_hub/stat ... 1532882948

Gillingham defender Connor Ogilvie has now rejected the new contract offer to stay at the club, with Peterborough United & Reading interested in his signature this summer.

Wikipedia says:

Connor Stuart Ogilvie (born 14 February 1996) is an English professional footballer who plays as a left back or centre back for Gillingham. Ogilvie started his career in Tottenham Hotspur's academy since July 2012.

Has played 30+ matches for the past 4 seasons

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Connor Ogilvie

by Hound » 14 May 2021 14:07

don't know anything of him, but his stats are pretty good. Might be a good cheap signing like Laurent

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 May 2021 14:11

Hound don't know anything of him, but his stats are pretty good. Might be a good cheap signing like Laurent

I think realistically it's the way forward until we get our wages in order and get our losses down, hopefully supplemented by significant player sales which may be the likes of Olise, Meite and Laurent.

Frankly I'll be happy next season if we stay clear of a relegation battle.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 May 2021 14:30

tidus_mi2
Hound don't know anything of him, but his stats are pretty good. Might be a good cheap signing like Laurent

I think realistically it's the way forward until we get our wages in order and get our losses down, hopefully supplemented by significant player sales which may be the likes of Olise, Meite and Laurent.

Frankly I'll be happy next season if we stay clear of a relegation battle.

prob agree

think there is enough quality likely to still be there to do alright. Obvs if we can cash in during a depressed market on the likes of those above, and maybe Joao, Puscas, Moore and pick up some good value signings it would do wonders to the finances

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 May 2021 16:39

Sounds perfect for our needs.

Looks like a few goals and assists. Decent defensive stats. His pass accuracy is atrocious though this season. Less than 50%. :shock:

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 May 2021 08:53

Snowflake Royal His pass accuracy is atrocious though this season. Less than 50%. :shock:

Is that something we could coach into him? With our manner of playing? On that stat alone, I somewhat assume he's hoofing it upfield, rather than playing to the man in front of him.

What do you think?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 May 2021 08:59

skipper
Snowflake Royal His pass accuracy is atrocious though this season. Less than 50%. :shock:

Is that something we could coach into him? With our manner of playing? On that stat alone, I somewhat assume he's hoofing it upfield, rather than playing to the man in front of him.

What do you think?

Thats what I would assume as well or he puts in a lot of crosses, but their strikers aren't much cop at getting on the end of them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 May 2021 12:12

Hendo
skipper

What do you think?

Thats what I would assume as well or he puts in a lot of crosses, but their strikers aren't much cop at getting on the end of them.

I'm guessing he swings forward a lot of balls down the line to chase and Gillingham.have a rather direct style. But it's only a guess.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2021 14:33

Rather have Ian

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 May 2021 08:53

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
skipper

What do you think?

I'm guessing he swings forward a lot of balls down the line to chase and Gillingham.have a rather direct style. But it's only a guess.

Checking his Whoscored passing stats suggests there is a grain of truth in that. He averages 24.7 passes per game of which 8.7 are classed as long balls. Only 2.7 of those are successful on average.

Involved in 8 goals from LB though, so not too shabby going forward and defensively looks decent with room for improvement. On a free, I would be fairly happy with a move for him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2021 09:14

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Checking his Whoscored passing stats suggests there is a grain of truth in that. He averages 24.7 passes per game of which 8.7 are classed as long balls. Only 2.7 of those are successful on average.

Involved in 8 goals from LB though, so not too shabby going forward and defensively looks decent with room for improvement. On a free, I would be fairly happy with a move for him.

Hopefully if you add in frequent crosses that aren't too successful that accounts for it and it isn't a big deal.

But certainly a bit of an eye opener.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 May 2021 11:21

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Their manager is Steve Evans so doesn't come across as much of a surprise to be honest

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1