Nottingham Forest in for Holmes

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nottingham in for Holmes

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Aug 2021 18:54

Once upon a time . I believe Man Utd’s announced debt is £443.5 million . No mention of embargo on them .

They have different rules to follow and debt isnt one of ours anyway

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nottingham Forest in for Holmes

by Hound » 14 Aug 2021 21:06

Some chatter of 1.5m bid for Holmes

4th choice CB in last year of contract…wouldn’t be shocked to see us agree to that if it is the case

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2021 21:43

Hound Some chatter of 1.5m bid for Holmes

4th choice CB in last year of contract…wouldn’t be shocked to see us agree to that if it is the case

He’s not 4thchoice though. He’s cover for Morro AND Yiadom. Let him go and we have no experienced cover for either. I also expect him to be first choice by mid season.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2021 21:45

Nameless

He’s not 4thchoice though. He’s cover for Morro AND Yiadom. Let him go and we have no experienced cover for either. I also expect him to be first choice by mid season.....

Moore can do rcb and rino/Araruna rb

Not saying I’d want him to go - I don’t - but reckon they may cash in and try to find a Gibson style loan in his place

Guess it very much depends on if he intends to sign the contract he has been offered

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Aug 2021 07:06

Hound
Nameless

Not saying I’d want him to go - I don’t - but reckon they may cash in and try to find a Gibson style loan in his place

Guess it very much depends on if he intends to sign the contract he has been offered

He’ll be intending to sign. He’s passionate about the club, wants to be here for years.
Your options are not inspiring, right back cover of a player out with a long term injury and the cornerstone of our midfield !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2021 08:09

If he is intending to - why hasn’t he?

And they aren’t my options - just realistically what we have. And I’d imagine if we did let him go we’d be bringing someone in on loan to cover those spots. Sure there are plenty of PL youngsters who would come

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2021 08:35

Hound
Nameless

Moore isn't great at LCB, he's awful at RCB.

I'd like to see him stay, but we need money. Can we not give them Moore for £12.50 instead? Basically the same net gain for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Aug 2021 09:34

Hound If he is intending to - why hasn’t he?

And they aren’t my options - just realistically what we have. And I’d imagine if we did let him go we’d be bringing someone in on loan to cover those spots. Sure there are plenty of PL youngsters who would come

Sure we could bring somebody in on loan but he is not our asset and belongs to another club. We have lost enough youngsters in Olise, Richards and Nevers in this close season. I don’t want us to lose another.

I would rather look to retain existing players than bring in additional ones.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2021 09:44

I don’t disagree at all. And would love to keep Holmes

But if he isn’t signing the contract then he may as well be on a season loan to us

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Aug 2021 10:52

Hound I don’t disagree at all. And would love to keep Holmes

But if he isn’t signing the contract then he may as well be on a season loan to us

Because often contracts take a while. Tom Mc t tea ok ages to negotiate his. If there is a basic agreement but details to resolve why would either party rush when there are more important things on the table

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Aug 2021 19:36

Hound
Nameless

Araruna rb

Be surprised if he is at Reading in the long term.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2021 17:49

Holmes played 35 times in a team that spent most season in the playoffs, and was often one of the better players too.

Would be absolutely bonkers to consider letting him go for £1.5m, last year of contract or not. Without him we’d look even more depleted at the back and could hardly find a suitable replacement for the same price.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Aug 2021 08:35

CountryRoyal Holmes played 35 times in a team that spent most season in the playoffs, and was often one of the better players too.

Would be absolutely bonkers to consider letting him go for £1.5m, last year of contract or not. Without him we’d look even more depleted at the back and could hardly find a suitable replacement for the same price.

There must be a U18 or U16 player we could put on the bench instead :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2021 15:43

CountryRoyal Holmes played 35 times in a team that spent most season in the playoffs, and was often one of the better players too.

Would you be happy if we paid a 1.5m loan fee for a 3rd/4th choice CB in our current situation?

I'd expect we could find a replacement for less. Seen a few Prem CBs go on loan in the last couple of days to champ clubs

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Aug 2021 16:00

Hound

Would you be happy if we paid a 1.5m loan fee for a 3rd/4th choice CB in our current situation?

I'd expect we could find a replacement for less. Seen a few Prem CBs go on loan in the last couple of days to champ clubs

How much would we pay to loan a CB ? How much extra would it cost in wages ? A PL. centre back would probably be on 10x what we pay Holmes....there’s your £1.5 million gone already...
How much would we miss out on in fees for Holmes if we sold him now ?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Aug 2021 17:18

Looks like Dorsett and Abbey who are next in line to Holmes are both injured as neither appeared for U23s last night. Abbey hobbled off in the League Cup game and Dorsett has not appeared since pre season and so we need Holmes. Selling him would leave us incredibly short at CB and be madness IMO.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2021 18:09

Hound

We wouldn't be allowed. And why would we, we have Holmes.

1.5 isn't enough for him to damage the squad in that way given the mess we are in.

3, yeah now you're talking.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Aug 2021 18:53

Nameless
Hound

How much would we pay to loan a CB ? How much extra would it cost in wages ? A PL. centre back would probably be on 10x what we pay Holmes....there’s your £1.5 million gone already...
How much would we miss out on in fees for Holmes if we sold him now ?

Doubt it’d cost us barely anything to loan a young cb from the prem. they loan them out to get exposure and increase their value

Fees for Holmes? Not sure what you mean?

Obvs this is all dependent on him not signing a contract. If he is keen then keep him of course

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Aug 2021 21:37

£2m offer and I can see us taking it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2021 21:48

Royal_jimmy £2m offer and I can see us taking it.

As in, if they offer 2m or they have already offered 2m?