Tom Dele-Bashiru

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Tom Dele-Bashiru

by genome » 12 Aug 2021 16:19

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul

Size of that quad. Watford fans are raving about him, so maybe a better signing than it seems on the face of it.

That's Lee Tomlin m8

lolwut

by lolwut » 12 Aug 2021 16:20

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul

Size of that quad. Watford fans are raving about him, so maybe a better signing than it seems on the face of it.

The two bulges to the left and the right of the knee cap are the ears, and the knee cap the face of a large elephant.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Aug 2021 16:31

lolwut
Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul

The two bulges to the left and the right of the knee cap are the ears, and the knee cap the face of a large elephant.

Ha ffs. When you see it...

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Aug 2021 17:26

ITK Eddie basically saying all the paperwork is done, should be announced imminently.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Aug 2021 19:04

Confrimed

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/a ... s-on-loan/

Been a while since we’ve said that…

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Aug 2021 20:39

Think this'll turn out to be a really good bit of business. Nothing but positives from Watford fans.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Aug 2021 20:44

WestYorksRoyal The talent is undoubtedly there. Coming back from an ACL is tough though. Do we know if he got a good pre season under his belt?

Played about 1 game in terms of minutes in Watford’s preseason so not exactly match fit, therefore expect a couple of bench appearances or getting an hour of a game to start with.

Funnily enough his serious injury was picked up at the Madejski last season so not exactly a happy hunting ground for him at the moment and given Reading’s luck with injuries to players who knows how long he’ll last.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Aug 2021 21:12

Hopefully he does well here, I'll reserve judgment for now, people raved about Esteves last season on a similar amount of appearances and look how he turned out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Aug 2021 21:26

tidus_mi2 Hopefully he does well here, I'll reserve judgment for now, people raved about Esteves last season on a similar amount of appearances and look how he turned out.

He was reasonable enough tbh. TDB is older and obviously familiar with the country etc. I’d expect him to have a significant impact on our season

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Aug 2021 21:41

Hound
tidus_mi2 Hopefully he does well here, I'll reserve judgment for now, people raved about Esteves last season on a similar amount of appearances and look how he turned out.

He was reasonable enough tbh. TDB is older and obviously familiar with the country etc. I’d expect him to have a significant impact on our season

That's certainly what I'm hoping.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Aug 2021 23:24

NathStPaul Loan deal, yes.

Of all the positions on the pitch central midfield would be the last place I would have wanted to be strengthened.

Swift has missed over 70 championship games through injury in the 5 years he has been at Reading.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Aug 2021 08:47

Lower West

Of all the positions on the pitch central midfield would be the last place I would have wanted to be strengthened.

Swift has missed over 70 championship games through injury in the 5 years he has been at Reading.

And Rhinomota and Laurent played pretty much every game last season as well. I think CM is where we do need some depth, but not necessarily starters.

CB, is the position where we don't really need any new starters or back-ups.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Aug 2021 08:51

Hendo
Lower West

And Rhinomota and Laurent played pretty much every game last season as well. I think CM is where we do need some depth, but not necessarily starters.

Does a Premier League club send a young player out on loan to sit on the bench though? I am a bit worried we might see Laurent sold before the window closes, Dele-Bashiru is the replacement.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Aug 2021 08:55

NathStPaul
Hendo
Lower West

Does a Premier League club send a young player out on loan to sit on the bench though? I am a bit worried we might see Laurent sold before the window closes, Dele-Bashiru is the replacement.

or Swift. But you could say he's an Olise / Semedo replacement. We've lost 2 in midfield from last season, and only have Tetek as additional resource atm so just backfilling to last year's levels, especially with Swift's injury record
Last edited by 3points on 13 Aug 2021 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Aug 2021 08:55

NathStPaul
Hendo
Lower West

With us, yes they do seem to do so. Gibson being the most recent :)

Saw someone on twitter (or it might've been here) saying they expect him to play a similar role to Semedo last year, who ended up playing in 40 games for us last season (whether that was starting or coming off the bench).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Aug 2021 09:02

Hendo
NathStPaul
Hendo

With us, yes they do seem to do so. Gibson being the most recent :)

Saw someone on twitter (or it might've been here) saying they expect him to play a similar role to Semedo last year, who ended up playing in 40 games for us last season (whether that was starting or coming off the bench).

We saw Semedo pop up on the wing a fair bit last season, hopefully our new lad can do the same due to our lack of wide options. It is a good thing he is coming here off the back of an injury lay off, would much rather someone young comes to the club with something to prove rather than an older player who is out of favour on big Premier League wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Aug 2021 09:03

Have to remember he has just come back from a major injury and only actually played about 4 or 5 games

Suspect he’ll start on the bench and gradually play more as we go. I expect Watford would be delighted if he he played 30+ games for us this year

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Aug 2021 09:56

Hound Have to remember he has just come back from a major injury and only actually played about 4 or 5 games

Suspect he’ll start on the bench and gradually play more as we go. I expect Watford would be delighted if he he played 30+ games for us this year

This. Watford will want him to get game time but everyone will know he needs to be eased in but great to have another midfield option on the bench.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Aug 2021 10:00

Any relation to that Tim Dele chap on BBCRB?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Aug 2021 10:52

Hound Confrimed

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/a ... s-on-loan/

Been a while since we’ve said that…

Shouldn't that be Confimred ... you're obviously out of practice!