Re: Joao Replacement

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 08:20

Would make some sense, wouldn’t be against that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 08:37

linkenholtroyal Apparently…. Readingfcexclusives have said we have Made a bid for a Andi Zeqiri I assume on loan from Brighton. I know very little about him anyone…..

I can only assume this a loan offer, the tweet doesn't specify. He is highly rated but know little about him.

Quick look at his record, very decent in Switzerland but in the Challenge League, which is 2nd division there.

Scored v Cardiff in the week.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 27 Aug 2021 09:20

Stranded
linkenholtroyal Apparently…. Readingfcexclusives have said we have Made a bid for a Andi Zeqiri I assume on loan from Brighton. I know very little about him anyone…..

I can only assume this a loan offer, the tweet doesn't specify. He is highly rated but know little about him.

Quick look at his record, very decent in Switzerland but in the Challenge League, which is 2nd division there.

I have now tried to get some knowledge and have read and article on him. Pretty much saying he needs a loan and he is behind 3 in the pecking order at Brighton. Only thing that worries me is the talk of versatility and potter playing him on the wing and at wing back (out of position). We need a striker who is a striker and proper target man not another Puscas who has to play off someone. Mind you at least he could play in multiple positions for us with the way our injuries are going this year.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 09:32

linkenholtroyal
Stranded

I have now tried to get some knowledge and have read and article on him. Pretty much saying he needs a loan and he is behind 3 in the pecking order at Brighton. Only thing that worries me is the talk of versatility and potter playing him on the wing and at wing back (out of position). We need a striker who is a striker and proper target man not another Puscas who has to play off someone. Mind you at least he could play in multiple positions for us with the way our injuries are going this year.

Looking at his time in Switzerland, he either played on the left of a 4-3-3 or up top on his own in a 4-2-3-1 and scored fairly regularly in both formations. Arguably he's a perfect fit.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 09:40

Stranded
linkenholtroyal
Stranded

Looking at his time in Switzerland, he either played on the left of a 4-3-3 or up top on his own in a 4-2-3-1 and scored fairly regularly in both formations. Arguably he's a perfect fit.

Yep would be well in favour of this one, more so than Gaich.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Aug 2021 10:02

From Twitter:

#WatfordFC transfer breaking

Troy Deeney could leave prior to deadline with limited game time likely after arrivals of Dennis, King & other attacking options. Nothing agreed as yet but may see 33 yr old exit after 11 full seasons at VR.

An option?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 10:03

morganb From Twitter:

Troy Deeney could leave prior to deadline with limited game time likely after arrivals of Dennis, King & other attacking options. Nothing agreed as yet but may see 33 yr old exit after 11 full seasons at VR.

An option?

You going to pay his wages?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Aug 2021 10:06

NathStPaul
morganb From Twitter:

An option?

Perhaps we could start a whip-round. (Or "Crowd Funding" as it's known these days).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 10:07

morganb
NathStPaul
morganb From Twitter:

An option?

Perhaps we could start a whip-round. (Or "Crowd Funding" as it's known these days).

Not sure the EFL agree with charity, seems a bit beneath them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 10:19

morganb From Twitter:

An option?

If Watford cover his wages or the bulk thereof, it could have a very Jason Roberts feel to it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 10:26

Think there will be options like Deeney knocking around. He’d do a job

Talking of doing/not doing a job - has JLow just given up on reporting rumours etc? No mention of any of these from him.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Aug 2021 10:42

He's probably scared of another Yermas Dildo so only reporting done deals.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 10:43

From Despair To Where? He's probably scared of another Yermas Dildo so only reporting done deals.

:D Wasn't that just as he took over from Charles Watts? Already had huge boots to fill and then he gets rinsed. He has never really recovered from that has he?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2021 11:02

Stranded
morganb From Twitter:

An option?

If Watford cover his wages or the bulk thereof, it could have a very Jason Roberts feel to it.

Would take Deeney any day on that basis

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 11:09

the internet says he's on 65k pw :lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 14:50

Georgie Kelly out of contract in December. 16 goals in 28 games. Current market value 100k, bags of goals, still young. Would the EFL sanction a transfer for such a small transfer fee? Or is the ruling absolute? and we can’t pay a transfer fee at all? Anyway I think he could be an outside of the box type of signing.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 Aug 2021 17:14

Hopefully, we can find one because if not I can’t see how on earth we’ll score enough goals to keep us up.

How would Pauno set us up if Puscas gets injured, which is quite likely? I am not great with football tactics/formations and tbh I like a good old fashioned 4-4-2.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2021 17:46

blythspartan Hopefully, we can find one because if not I can’t see how on earth we’ll score enough goals to keep us up.

How would Pauno set us up if Puscas gets injured, which is quite likely? I am not great with football tactics/formations and tbh I like a good old fashioned 4-4-2.

Possibly exactly the same but with Jahmari Clarke starting and the kid who's name I haven't learnt how to spell yet on the bench

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 30 Aug 2021 18:32

blythspartan Hopefully, we can find one because if not I can’t see how on earth we’ll score enough goals to keep us up.

Pep s false nine ?

oggy

by oggy » 30 Aug 2021 19:14

linkenholtroyal
Stranded

He has gone to Ausburg on loan

193 posts