Rumour - Baba Rahman

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Baba Rahman

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 09:25

NathStPaul
Brogue
Stranded
Apparently we are only paying a portion of his wages, Chelsea will cover the vast majority. So would expect we are keeping to the 8.5k limit.

We seem to have a pretty good relationship with Chelsea as they seem happy to send us loan players whilst still covering wages.

My biggest concern at the moment, is we are very close to being in a position where our starting XI will be made up of loanees or players out of contract next summer but that's a worry for another day.

Strangely despite the restrictions, we may, arguably, end up with a stronger squad than last year due to some smart moves and the emergence of a Azeez and a couple of other academy players who can do a job as well.

‘Halilovic > Olise
Rahman > Richards

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:| Olise was raw and drifted in and out games, yeah a really special talent but inconsistent.

Go away pest I thought you were banned :roll:

:| Richards gave up as soon as his head was turned and was poor in the second half of the season.

These guys will offer more over the 46 games than them two.

From a future point of view of course we would have been better off with olise and Richards as they sky was the limit with them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 09:29

Thing that concerns me with Rahman is his injury history. I’m not sure he’ll stand up to a full season. No doubts has/had the ability to be a great player but do worry he’ll get crocked

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 09:29

Brogue
NathStPaul
Brogue
‘Halilovic > Olise
Rahman > Richards

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:| Olise was raw and drifted in and out games, yeah a really special talent but inconsistent.

:| Richards gave up as soon as his head was turned and was poor in the second half of the season.

From a future point of view of course we would have been better off with olise and Richards as they sky was the limit with them.

:lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 09:32

NathStPaul
Brogue
NathStPaul :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reverting to type i see, go back to the F1 thread :roll: or even better grow a pair and go back on AE where I'm sure you will receive a warm welcome :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 09:33

Brogue
NathStPaul
Brogue

reverting to type i see, go back to the F1 thread :roll: or even better grow a pair and go back on AE where I'm sure you will receive a warm welcome :lol:

No I am just laughing at your ridiculous comments regarding Richards and Olise as I am sure many others will be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 09:36

Suspect Rahman ‘could’ be better than Richards was last season. Played well at a higher level certainly.

But it’s a bit of a gamble with him

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 09:38

Hound Suspect Rahman ‘could’ be better than Richards was last season. Played well at a higher level certainly.

It is a gamble worth taking but to suggest he has a bigger upside than Richards who is getting game time at one of the biggest clubs in world football is extremely funny.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2021 10:09

Hound Thing that concerns me with Rahman is his injury history. I’m not sure he’ll stand up to a full season. No doubts has/had the ability to be a great player but do worry he’ll get crocked

It is a downside and I hope he is fit to go straight into the side. I would settle for 20-25 games out of him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 10:24

NathStPaul
Hound Suspect Rahman ‘could’ be better than Richards was last season. Played well at a higher level certainly.

It is a gamble worth taking but to suggest he has a bigger upside than Richards who is getting game time at one of the biggest clubs in world football is extremely funny.

Richards has only played against some dire div5 team so far though - Rahman has played a number of games for Chelsea and played against the best of the best

Obvs would rather have Richards but if Rahman stays injury free and is mentally right then he could be brilliant. Though I’d settle for fairly good

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 10:27

Zip
Hound Thing that concerns me with Rahman is his injury history. I’m not sure he’ll stand up to a full season. No doubts has/had the ability to be a great player but do worry he’ll get crocked

It is a downside and I hope he is fit to go straight into the side. I would settle for 20-25 games out of him.

Well he has been training with the first team there and played at least some part of the friendlies against Bournemouth and Arsenal - so hopefully he's not far off.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 10:34

Hound
NathStPaul

Richards has only played against some dire div5 team so far though - Rahman has played a number of games for Chelsea and played against the best of the best

Obvs would rather have Richards but if Rahman stays injury free and is mentally right then he could be brilliant. Though I’d settle for fairly good

well quite a player that commanded a 25 million pound transfer fee for one of the best teams in the world but apparently my suggestion that he might be better than Richards was met with multiple laughing smileys from the resident troll :|

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 10:40

Brogue
Hound
NathStPaul It is a gamble worth taking but to suggest he has a bigger upside than Richards who is getting game time at one of the biggest clubs in world football is extremely funny.

well quite a player that commanded a 25 million pound transfer fee for one of the best teams in the world but apparently my suggestion that he might be better than Richards was met with multiple laughing smileys from the resident troll :|

Sorry if you took offence, you deserve more respect than smileys or at the least a debate about why I would think you were wrong.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 12:25

At this stage of their careers, I don't think it is a massive leap to say Rahman is a better player than Richards - if Richards goes on to have a career at the level he looks like now having than naturally that conversation flips quickly.

Rahman has played top flight in Germany and England - Richards, as yet, has not played a minute outside of the cup game against non-league opposition. Richards will, to my money, likely be the better player over their careers but Rahman certainly has the pedigree, if he remains fit.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 13:54

So this guy is yiadoms fellow countryman. African cup of nations in January. We could lose both for a good month of the season. Hmm.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2021 14:58

Brogue So this guy is yiadoms fellow countryman. African cup of nations in January. We could lose both for a good month of the season. Hmm.

Thought the ANC was played in the summer months now?

Anyway, some highlights of him in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B276TVdaWpc

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Aug 2021 15:05

Sutekh
Brogue So this guy is yiadoms fellow countryman. African cup of nations in January. We could lose both for a good month of the season. Hmm.

9th Jan - 6th Feb this year. Ghana should make it out of the group stages, with Morocco, Cormoros and Gabon included.

R16 finishes on 26th Jan
1/4 finals finishes on 30th Jan
1/2 finals finishes on 3rd Feb
Final and 3rd place playoff 6th Feb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Africa_Cup_of_Nations

So if they made the final/3rd playoff they would miss:

Middlesborough (a)
Huddersfield (h)
QPR (a)
Stoke (h)
Bristol City (a)
Coventry (h) - possibly as its on 12th Feb.
Last edited by Hendo on 27 Aug 2021 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Aug 2021 15:06

Sutekh

It was but it was decided to be moved from the Summer due to "unfavourable climatic conditions" during that time of year in Cameroon.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Aug 2021 16:13

Thanks both! No need to worry really though, they’ll probably both be injured by then anyway.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Aug 2021 16:59

Club about to announce another signing, I guess that would probably be Rahman.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Aug 2021 17:02

Confimred

WTF
Last edited by PieEater on 27 Aug 2021 17:03, edited 1 time in total.