NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Aldofo Gaich

by NathStPaul » 26 Aug 2021 12:01

paultheroyal
NathStPaul
Zammo

lol

What is your point? You were moaning like a little girl because you hadn't heard of him. I said we cannot be fussy.

Keep crying.

To be fair to Zammo, he has a point.

No he doesn't, at all.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Aug 2021 12:07

NathStPaul
paultheroyal
NathStPaul What is your point? You were moaning like a little girl because you hadn't heard of him. I said we cannot be fussy.

Keep crying.

To be fair to Zammo, he has a point.

No he doesn't, at all.

Beg to differ.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 26 Aug 2021 12:23

NathStPaul
Zammo
NathStPaul Were you hoping we would be linked with Mbappe?

NathStPaul Never heard of him. Would rather we sign someone with a track record in the Championship but it isn't like we can be fussy.

lol

What is your point? You were moaning like a little girl because you hadn't heard of him. I said we cannot be fussy.

Keep crying.

I always admire a man whose level head and cool demeanour allow him to rise above a gentle ribbing on the Internet.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Aug 2021 12:32

JimmytheJim
NathStPaul
Zammo

lol

Keep crying.

I always admire a man whose level head and cool demeanour allow him to rise above a gentle ribbing on the Internet.

I'll give you ribbing in a minute!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Aug 2021 13:05

JimmytheJim
NathStPaul
Zammo

lol

Keep crying.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2021 14:01

Appears to be on the equivalent of 22k per week in Moscow.

So unless there is some loophole on what we can pay loanees or CSKA are prepared to cover 2/3s of his wages then would say this is a non-starter.

If he can't play for them this season then I guess the latter is a slim possibility.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Aug 2021 14:34

1 goal in 18 games for Moscow and 2 in 5 games on loan at Benevento last season. Current deal is 5 years at Moscow, so will run (or probably fall over an break both legs if he comes to Reading) to 2025.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Aug 2021 14:42

Is he even likely to get a work permit? Sounds like a complete non-starter to me.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2021 14:55

If this is even remotely a possibility, it has Joorabchian written all over it.

To be fair, player wise, we haven't done to badly out of him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Aug 2021 15:17

wasn't there a suggestion that we didn't pay any fee or wages for those loanees that came in under Gomes? Could certainly do with that again

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2021 16:03

That rumour was certainly doing the rounds. However our fees to agents have also gone through the roof in the last 3 years.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Aug 2021 16:37

RG30 Is he even likely to get a work permit? Sounds like a complete non-starter to me.

Players need 15 points for a Work Permit.

He gets 8 points because he plays for a club in the Russian Premier League, a Band C competition.

He gets 2 points because he appeared in a match day squad for the group stages of last year’s Europa League.

He doesn’t get any extra points for CSKA’s mid-table finish or for Benevento’s relegation.

He played 149 minutes across CSKA’s six Europa League games. This is not enough to get him any extra points - you need to play at least 50% of the available minutes. He also didn’t play enough in the RPL.

He played 771 minutes for Benevento in Serie A. This is less than 30% of their season, but perhaps it can reasonably argued that he shouldn’t be judged for not playing before he signed for them. I think this puts him in the 40-49% range for Serie A, a Band A competition, and therefore 7 points.

Conclusion:
8 points for currently being contracted to a club in the Russian Premier League
2 points for appearing in a match day squad in the Europa League
7 points for playing in 40-49% of possible minutes in Serie A.

I make that 17 points, which is more than the 15 required for a permit. But there is a lot of room for interpretation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2021 18:16

Hound wasn't there a suggestion that we didn't pay any fee or wages for those loanees that came in under Gomes? Could certainly do with that again

Not on the books. :?

RATM

by RATM » 26 Aug 2021 23:08

RG30 Is he even likely to get a work permit? Sounds like a complete non-starter to me.

I believe he has Italian dual nationality so that should make a difference

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Aug 2021 00:42

Stranded Appears to be on the equivalent of 22k per week in Moscow.

So unless there is some loophole on what we can pay loanees or CSKA are prepared to cover 2/3s of his wages then would say this is a non-starter.

If he can't play for them this season then I guess the latter is a slim possibility.

It’s true, our 8.5k wage cap has been reported in many outlets.

But if Derby are negotiating grounds against a points deduction, it’s not too farfetched for the EFL to realise our owners are minted and wanted to spend money.

We’ve let a lot of players go and are now relying on the academy. I think the club will have been lobbying the EFL to get their arses in gear and wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend some money before Tuesday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 06:21

RATM

I believe he has Italian dual nationality so that should make a difference

Nationality makes no difference in a post Brexit world. He has to meet the points threshold based on playing criteria, which if we are serious about him would suggest he probably does.

Especially if other English clubs have been looking at him too.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2021 06:47

SCIAG

Players need 15 points for a Work Permit.

He gets 8 points because he plays for a club in the Russian Premier League, a Band C competition.

He gets 2 points because he appeared in a match day squad for the group stages of last year’s Europa League.

He doesn’t get any extra points for CSKA’s mid-table finish or for Benevento’s relegation.

He played 149 minutes across CSKA’s six Europa League games. This is not enough to get him any extra points - you need to play at least 50% of the available minutes. He also didn’t play enough in the RPL.

He played 771 minutes for Benevento in Serie A. This is less than 30% of their season, but perhaps it can reasonably argued that he shouldn’t be judged for not playing before he signed for them. I think this puts him in the 40-49% range for Serie A, a Band A competition, and therefore 7 points.

Conclusion:
8 points for currently being contracted to a club in the Russian Premier League
2 points for appearing in a match day squad in the Europa League
7 points for playing in 40-49% of possible minutes in Serie A.

I make that 17 points, which is more than the 15 required for a permit. But there is a lot of room for interpretation.

Knowledge!

(Anorak?)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Aug 2021 07:17

This is all too bizarre. I appreciate these proposed deals (Helilovic, Rahman and Galch) are frees or loans and nothing is confirmed but it raises 2 questions. How the fcuk are we attracting players like this under an embargo and if we can make these sorts of signings under an embargo, why haven't we been doing it for the last 5 years?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 08:07

Tbf I wouldn’t say they are any more impressive on paper than the likes of Boye and Pele and a step below Martinez and Baker

Halilovic is a bit of an odd one but maybe some relationship with Pauno. Gauch I doubt will happen. Rahman - prob works well for Chelsea

I don’t think any of the three would come in and be brilliant tbh. Just hopefully good enough

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Aug 2021 08:14

Hound Tbf I wouldn’t say they are any more impressive on paper than the likes of Boye and Pele and a step below Martinez and Baker

Halilovic is a bit of an odd one but maybe some relationship with Pauno. Gauch I doubt will happen. Rahman - prob works well for Chelsea

I don’t think any of the three would come in and be brilliant tbh. Just hopefully good enough

Agree with this. I’d like us to sign someone like Cameron Archer of Villa on a season long loan.