Rumour: Scott Dann

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour: Scott Dann

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 10:24

Jagermesiter1871
Brogue We had one of the youngest squads in the champ last season. Pauno talked about black belts and yellow belt players and said we didn’t have enough black belt players. Hoilet drinkwater and dann add much more experience to the team. All players that have played the majority of their careers in the premier league. Clever signings. Also as a side note what’s interesting with the signings apart from hoilet all the players we’ve signed are local players. Tdb drinkwater dann Rahman probably won’t need to move house and will just commute so settling in should be quick, hopefully hitting the ground running.

So Pauno in now? You change like the wind.

:| No.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2021 10:35

I suspect this was not a signing we felt we needed a month ago and is a response to our defence being all at sea for 5 games. Good response if so; experience at a higher level and leadership.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2021 10:38

Brogue Morrison and dann doesn’t give us much pace at the back if indeed Moore is the one to be dropped. But I guess that’s where the zonal marking comes in. Man marking would be a worry with players getting in behind us.

I would be very surprised if those 2 were ever to start together (unless they are the only 2 fit senior CBs but pace isn't everything, though we would need to adapt defensively if they had to start (and Dann does sign).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2021 11:12

Palace fans full of praise for Dann. A very good leader. Comments that he has lost pace which is inevitable given his age. If he signs I can see him being made captain.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 30 Aug 2021 12:10

Would be a cracking addition. Just a shame these new signings are all one fecking year deals. Loads more chopping and changing next summer!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Aug 2021 12:21

Brogue Morrison and dann doesn’t give us much pace at the back if indeed Moore is the one to be dropped. But I guess that’s where the zonal marking comes in. Man marking would be a worry with players getting in behind us.

Italy managed with two cb’s over 50.
Dann’s experience at this level may well be comparable to Chielini for Italy (clearly not the same :wink: )

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2021 12:39

Don’t think Moore is much quicker than Morrison these days tbh

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2021 12:48

Hound Don’t think Moore is much quicker than Morrison these days tbh

Moore has special trait of looking like he’s really quick, but actually not being.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2021 14:43

Stranded
SCIAG Quality player back in the day but hasn’t played 20 games in a season for five years, and we’re not exactly short at centre back.

We're not but the current incumbents are hardly covering themselves in glory. He played the full 90 mins at PL level 15 times last season and was the CB option off the bench another 15 times.

I doubt he'll play week in week out but would bring additional experience, leadership and really help the younger players too. Given the restrictions we have, signing a player like Dann (if it happens) is excellent business.

£5 says if he joins he plays alongside captain calamity instead of replacing him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2021 14:51

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
SCIAG Quality player back in the day but hasn’t played 20 games in a season for five years, and we’re not exactly short at centre back.

We're not but the current incumbents are hardly covering themselves in glory. He played the full 90 mins at PL level 15 times last season and was the CB option off the bench another 15 times.

I doubt he'll play week in week out but would bring additional experience, leadership and really help the younger players too. Given the restrictions we have, signing a player like Dann (if it happens) is excellent business.

£5 says if he joins he plays alongside captain calamity instead of replacing him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Morrison is the first of the 2 to be dropped. Would be good if both sit out for a bit. Dann/Holmes could be decent.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2021 15:00

Agree with Dann/Holmes.
Apparently according to Eddie itk Pauno is doing most of the work to bring in players. It’s not good enough. We are a mess.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 30 Aug 2021 15:38

I maybe standing alone , but I am yet to be convinced that Holmes is going to make the grade .

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 15:54

Once upon a time . I maybe standing alone , but I am yet to be convinced that Holmes is going to make the grade .

Agreed, Cooper and dickie were better than Holmes at the same age. And dickie had to drop to league 1 for a few season of regular football to get to where he is now. Holmes has a long way to before I’m convinced. It’s a shame we are so threadbare that we’ve had to throw him straight into the first team. He would have benefited from a loan or two.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2021 15:58

How much would we love to have a Dickie/Cooper partnership atm? Throughly depressing

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2021 16:10

Once upon a time . I maybe standing alone , but I am yet to be convinced that Holmes is going to make the grade .

Not saying he will at all but a run of games next to someone like Danny could only help whilst our "senior" centre backs pull their heads out of their collective arse.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Aug 2021 16:17

CountryRoyal
Hound Don’t think Moore is much quicker than Morrison these days tbh

Moore has special trait of looking like he’s really quick, but actually not being.

From my completely unprofessional viewpoint he looks like he’s bulked up far too much to me. More like a wrestler than a footballer atm. Mobility isn’t great and think he should lose a stone

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2021 16:51

Brogue

Agreed, Cooper and dickie were better than Holmes at the same age.

Gonna take a big slice of "doubt" with that. Dickie would probably have made the grade if he'd been given a chance but he barely played any football for the club at any level for those last two years, unless you were watching him at Lincoln then I'm not sure how you'd be able to judge.

Cooper was a calamity at 21, clearly had talent but made one bad mistake every game. Even today he's pretty error prone.

Holmes to me looks significantly better than Cooper. Could understand unfavourable comparisons to Dom Hyam or Tom McIntyre, but not to Cooper. He made 30 starts for us last season and never looked out of place.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Aug 2021 16:58

SCIAG
Brogue

Gonna take a big slice of "doubt" with that. Dickie would probably have made the grade if he'd been given a chance but he barely played any football for the club at any level for those last two years, unless you were watching him at Lincoln then I'm not sure how you'd be able to judge.

Cooper was a calamity at 21, clearly had talent but made one bad mistake every game. Even today he's pretty error prone.

Holmes to me looks significantly better than Cooper. Could understand unfavourable comparisons to Dom Hyam or Tom McIntyre, but not to Cooper. He made 30 starts for us last season and never looked out of place.

Holmes is a much better footballer than Cooper, perhaps because he's a fairly late convert to defence. Not sure what about Cooper would make him be considered better than Holmes at the same age. Holmes is versatile, comfortable on the ball, not prone to major errors and not much shorter than Cooper. Not got into his stride in terms of goals though

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 17:07

SCIAG
Brogue

This coming from the person who absolutely shit the bed when teddy Howe left the club :| viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186617&hilit=Teddy+Howe&start=20#p4892499

How did that one work out :| :roll:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Aug 2021 17:28

Looks like this is just to be announced RFC twitter doing their usual pre-announcement gif.