George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Zip » 20 Jan 2022 23:03

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
John Smith If Puscas left tomorrow, Joao still isn't fit to start. Who would start? Clarke?

Theoretically speaking yes. Although I don't think the club would let him go without a replacement, such as Carroll, being lined up/signed on first.

Not sure why, we could play a mannequin upfront and it would have just as much chance of scoring as Puscas

He’s had almost non existent service. We create sod all and certainly don’t play to his strengths.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2022 23:20

Zip
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Theoretically speaking yes. Although I don't think the club would let him go without a replacement, such as Carroll, being lined up/signed on first.

Not sure why, we could play a mannequin upfront and it would have just as much chance of scoring as Puscas

He’s had almost non existent service. We create sod all and certainly don’t play to his strengths.

I imagine we wouldn't play to the mannequin's strengths or give it any service either.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 23:35

Smallest book in the world has recently been published, and it has beaten the German Joke Book comfortably.

Happens to be called "Puscas' strengths".

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Jan 2022 06:49

Millsy Smallest book in the world has recently been published, and it has beaten the German Joke Book comfortably.

And its sequel "Puscas' goals"

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Jan 2022 08:56

I do believe there is a talented player in there somewhere, but it's just not worked since Pauno has arrived at the club really and if he doesn't suit his style we may as well loan him out for the remainder of the season, have the parent club pay most (if not all) of his wages and then reassess in the summer if any incoming manager fancies giving him an opportunity.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 21 Jan 2022 09:03

Royality creeps In
Millsy Smallest book in the world has recently been published, and it has beaten the German Joke Book comfortably.

And its sequel "Puscas' goals"

+1

And to think, it was only a year or so ago when we had Moore, Puscas and Pele playing for our little Club…

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 21 Jan 2022 15:16

YorkshireRoyal99 I do believe there is a talented player in there somewhere.

:shock:

He can't cut it in the English 2nd Division, and he's not exactly a young player any more.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2022 16:41

YorkshireRoyal99 I do believe there is a talented player in there somewhere, but it's just not worked since Pauno has arrived at the club really and if he doesn't suit his style we may as well loan him out for the remainder of the season, have the parent club pay most (if not all) of his wages and then reassess in the summer if any incoming manager fancies giving him an opportunity.

I think if he played with say Carroll in a two up front team he would score a lot of goals but ever since he has been here we have largely played one up top - which is not his strength. You just wonder what lunatic thought it was a good idea to spend £7.5 M on a player and then hire a manager who wants to play 4-5-1 and will never get the best out of your record signing. I reckon there are a number L1 strikers who would be better suited to our style and would have scored more goals at a fraction of the price.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 21 Jan 2022 17:32

When did Puscas last score a league goal ? I dread to think.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 21 Jan 2022 17:32

Zip
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Which are???.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 21 Jan 2022 17:35

blythspartan Puscas is one player I have been willing to do well. He obviously has talent but at the moment he’s reminding me of Simon Church. He’s not going to out muscle a big centre half and he doesn’t have much pace. Also, I can’t remember him scoring with his head.

It may well be down to Pauno’s tatics or a general lack of confidence. I wish him well if he does leave but if he stays he’s one of ours so we should back him. “Feed Puscas and he will score”. Not as good as the Goat.

You MUST be joking.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jan 2022 17:51

karbota
Zip
Snowflake Royal Not sure why, we could play a mannequin upfront and it would have just as much chance of scoring as Puscas

Which are???.

He’s a good finisher. He has missed a few this season but we are talking a few chances and not loads. He was making loads of good runs earlier in the season which were being ignored by our midfield. He has no chance in a side that takes forever to either pass to him or get the ball int the box.

He has been poor this season though but his team mates haven’t helped.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2022 18:00

He makes decent runs, he’s pretty strong, fairly quick. On form he is a good finisher

What he definitely isn’t is someone who can make something happen out of little, or a target man

JR

by JR » 21 Jan 2022 18:23

Barney When did Puscas last score a league goal ? I dread to think.

Pre official Covid! February 2020 vs Barnsley.

JR

by JR » 21 Jan 2022 18:26

Puscas was on fire for Romania when we bought him. Now they don’t even want to pick him.

It used to be that Reading had a knack that no player left us and improved - now the converse happens!

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2022 21:15

In fairness to him, he had a good game today and deserved his goal, that goes to show that a two man forward line is the way to go.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2022 09:46

YorkshireRoyal99 In fairness to him, he had a good game today and deserved his goal, that goes to show that a two man forward line is the way to go.

Agreed but only if we can sort out the defence - maybe a 5-3-2 is the way to go with fullback having the freedom to add attacking width - likely needs Dann/TMac to be fit for that to work though.

A side like:

Southwood

Yiadom
Dann
McIntyre
Morrison (C)
Rahman

Rino
Laurent
Swift

Joao
Puscas

Should be pretty decent - with options on the bench such as Halilovic/Ejaria/Hoilett to change things up, would expect us to still look decent going forward but more solid at the back.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jan 2022 10:44

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99 In fairness to him, he had a good game today and deserved his goal, that goes to show that a two man forward line is the way to go.

Agreed but only if we can sort out the defence - maybe a 5-3-2 is the way to go with fullback having the freedom to add attacking width - likely needs Dann/TMac to be fit for that to work though.

A side like:

Southwood

Yiadom
Dann
McIntyre
Morrison (C)
Rahman

Rino
Laurent
Swift

Joao
Puscas

Should be pretty decent - with options on the bench such as Halilovic/Ejaria/Hoilett to change things up, would expect us to still look decent going forward but more solid at the back.

I was thinking something along those lines for QPR at the weekend, but obviously it depends on if CB's are fit. I would even go as far to say Laurent in the back 3 and maybe Tetek/Drinkwater in the midfield. I think our squad is more suited to that formation personally, but I think our manager wants wide players in the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 11:36

Still on board the diamond train personally.

Works with someone competent at the base instead of Drinkwater.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jan 2022 12:29

Snowflake Royal Still on board the diamond train personally.

Works with someone competent at the base instead of Drinkwater.

Laurent is pretty much the only midfielder that can do that role. Said before but you’re really wasting Rinomhota asking him to play that role. I think McIntyre could develop into that role but he’s never fit

791 posts