George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 May 2022 09:08

Mr Angry Something else to factor in - would he WANT to stay with us?

Players are like any other employee; treat them poorly and they will look for another employer. Added to which for a striker, scoring goals is what gets them up in the morning, so if Puscas is happy and scoring goals why would he want to come back to his Parent club that is - lets face it - pretty dysfunctional, where he didn't get much game time and when it did, it wasn't in a system that played to his strengths, which meant less game time, fewer opportunities, fewer goals, more unhappiness.........

I suppose what could change that opinion is a new manager with new ideas and explaining why he fits into his system etc.

Although I can't see it happening, financially I just think it's best to get his wages off the wage bill as well as coup in a couple of million that we can use elsewhere as well. The £8m for Olise alongside the couple of million that we could get for Puscas would be something around £10m, possibly slightly more, that will be apart of our accounts that will be published next season that should make our overall profit/loss look much better than it has in recent seasons.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 May 2022 09:11

Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning - job done. 4 year deal struck.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 May 2022 13:27

YorkshireRoyal99

Players are like any other employee; treat them poorly and they will look for another employer. Added to which for a striker, scoring goals is what gets them up in the morning, so if Puscas is happy and scoring goals why would he want to come back to his Parent club that is - lets face it - pretty dysfunctional, where he didn't get much game time and when it did, it wasn't in a system that played to his strengths, which meant less game time, fewer opportunities, fewer goals, more unhappiness.........

I suppose what could change that opinion is a new manager with new ideas and explaining why he fits into his system etc.

Although I can't see it happening, financially I just think it's best to get his wages off the wage bill as well as coup in a couple of million that we can use elsewhere as well. The £8m for Olise alongside the couple of million that we could get for Puscas would be something around £10m, possibly slightly more, that will be apart of our accounts that will be published next season that should make our overall profit/loss look much better than it has in recent seasons.

Don't forget that a good chunk of that total would have been lost in agent fees.

Also, the business plan that we agreed with the EFL would have almost certainly included the £8m we received for Olise. They didn't need to wait for our published accounts to tell us what we could and couldn't spend - the club would have highlighted all current revenue and costs and the EFL would have agreed a budget on that basis. So, basically money is almost certainly already 'spent'.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 May 2022 13:30

paultheroyal Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning - job done. 4 year deal struck.

Well, thats certainly one way of guaranteeing another 6pt deduction next season.

We need to shave £6m of this season's wagebill. Rafael, Swift and Puscas would account for about half of that.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 12 May 2022 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 May 2022 13:35

Elm Park Kid
YorkshireRoyal99

Don't forget that a good chunk of that total would have been lost in agent fees.

Also, the business plan that we agreed with the EFL would have almost certainly included the £8m we received for Olise. They didn't need to wait for our published accounts to tell us what we could and couldn't spend - the club would have highlighted all current revenue and costs and the EFL would have agreed a budget on that basis. So, basically money is almost certainly already 'spent'.

I'm aware of that, I was just hoping the sales would make this years accounts look a lot healthier than the previous 2/3. I know it'll have already been factored in with the agreed business plan, it will have been in the works long before this anyway. Just a small positive amongst a sea of negatives really from a fans perspective.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 May 2022 20:25

paultheroyal Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning - job done. 4 year deal struck.

Thanks for your entry in stupidest post of the year competition, we're so impressed we're awarding you winner and closing the competition now, in early May.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2022 11:23

Benevento Vs Pisa semi final first leg tomorrow night

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 May 2022 13:21

Snowflake Royal

Thanks for your entry in stupidest post of the year competition, we're so impressed we're awarding you winner and closing the competition now, in early May.

What the fcuk are you babbling on about now. Whose the clueless one where reporters are now talking about a new deal is on table way after my comments were made. I wonder why that is…. ;-)

Stick to your radio gr8 m8. Internet is clearly not for you x

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2022 16:37

I think its the 'Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning" bit that's frankly, a bit dumb.

We need to shave £6m of the wage and you're proposing paying a player £40,000 a week? That's nearly 4 times the average we are allowed to pay under our business plan with the EFL. The exact opposite of what we need to be doing.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 May 2022 16:48

Yeah it's completely daft. Potentially take Puscas' wages off and distribute amongst other members of the squad, whilst still cutting back on our total wage bill, but there is no way any player for us deserves to be earning £40k a week at the level we currently are. £20k should really be an absolute maximum.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 17 May 2022 17:30

From Despair To Where? I think its the 'Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning" bit that's frankly, a bit dumb.

We need to shave £6m of the wage and you're proposing paying a player £40,000 a week? That's nearly 4 times the average we are allowed to pay under our business plan with the EFL. The exact opposite of what we need to be doing.

Agree with this. We’ve had enough of paying really high salaries to players that frankly aren’t worth it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2022 17:41

From Despair To Where? I think its the 'Sell Puscas and give his wages to Swift on top of what he's already earning" bit that's frankly, a bit dumb.

If you want to keep your star man without affecting the position then yes its the right thing to do and something quite clearly they are putting together. There are plenty of other opportunities to reduce the wage bill for next season. We shall see.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2022 17:45

There are plenty of opportunities but offering your 2nd highest paid player a 60% pay rise isn't one of them. I'd be amazed if the club are offering Swift more than £15k a week which would be a 40% cut for him.

With Moore's situation up in the air, removing Puscas' wages off the books is pretty much a necessity. Even with shifting Moore and Puscas off the wages, we would still need to reduce our wagebill further. If Swift re-signs on lower wages, great but we are absolutely not in a position to offer him more with only 8 players currently contracted for next season.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 17 May 2022 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 17:50

From Despair To Where? There are plenty of opportunities but offering your 2nd highest paid player a 60% pay rise isn't one of them. I'd be amazed if the club are offering Swift more than £15k a week.

With Moore's situation up in the air, removing Puscas' wages off the books is pretty much a necessity. Even with shifting Moore and Puscas off the wages, we would still need to reduce our wagebill further. If Swift re-signs on lower wages, great but we are absolutely not in a position to offer him more with only 8 players contracted for next season.

We could easily pay Swift 40k and Moore 35k.
However it would probably mean entering a 6 a side competition rather than the Championship.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2022 18:11

With a whole host of players being released, money is being freed up left right and centre on top of what has already left us. Something alot of people seem to forget. There is plenty of wriggle room to offer considerable wages to one player if they choose to do that. Maybe they are looking already at building a team around a core group and then adding the best of the rest from lower leagues.

Either way, we will find out soon enough.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2022 19:08

Nameless
From Despair To Where? There are plenty of opportunities but offering your 2nd highest paid player a 60% pay rise isn't one of them. I'd be amazed if the club are offering Swift more than £15k a week.

With Moore's situation up in the air, removing Puscas' wages off the books is pretty much a necessity. Even with shifting Moore and Puscas off the wages, we would still need to reduce our wagebill further. If Swift re-signs on lower wages, great but we are absolutely not in a position to offer him more with only 8 players contracted for next season.

However it would probably mean entering a 6 a side competition rather than the Championship.

You know how in Formula 1, some drivers effectively "buy" their seats? We could offer the same for ReadingFC - I'm sure there must be celebreties who think they could cut it that would play for apprentice-type wages just for the chance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 May 2022 20:08

Whoopsie Paul, you've managed to get people to agree with me. That's how enormously stupid your post was.

And now you're trying to justify it. Have you, by any chance, suffered recent head trauma? You're a pain in the arse, but you're not normally monumentally stupid.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 20:16

muirinho
Nameless

You know how in Formula 1, some drivers effectively "buy" their seats? We could offer the same for ReadingFC - I'm sure there must be celebreties who think they could cut it that would play for apprentice-type wages just for the chance.

Didn’t Donnie do just this a while back ? IIRC there was a guy from a boy band (no idea which carbon copy it was) who sponsored them and was actually a pretty decent player. He got to play a bit of their last game of the season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2022 20:19

Nameless
muirinho
Nameless

Didn’t Donnie do just this a while back ? IIRC there was a guy from a boy band (no idea which carbon copy it was) who sponsored them and was actually a pretty decent player. He got to play a bit of their last game of the season.

It was Louis Tomlinson from No Direction....

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2022 21:32

Winston Biscuit Benevento Vs Pisa semi final first leg tomorrow night

Benevento 1-0 Pisa

791 posts