George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Jan 2022 12:30

Snowflake Royal Still on board the diamond train personally.

Works with someone competent at the base instead of Drinkwater.

Diamond midfield requires a lot of hard work from all 4 to be effective. Plus the front 2 to chip in with a bit of tracking too. I have always liked the formation but we would have to sacrifice some players not playing in there strongest positions. And i am not fully sure that Hal or Hoilett have the work ethic to make it work. Meaning I can only see Rino, Laurent ,TBD and Swift the only combo for the starting 11. Hoilett/ Puscas up top. Hal in for Swift and as a bench option / cover.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 12:36

URZZZZ

Laurent is pretty much the only midfielder that can do that role. Said before but you’re really wasting Rinomhota asking him to play that role. I think McIntyre could develop into that role but he’s never fit

Disagree, you're wasting Laurent. He wants to get forward and is better at that than Rino who has better disciple and concentration

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jan 2022 12:42

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Laurent is pretty much the only midfielder that can do that role. Said before but you’re really wasting Rinomhota asking him to play that role. I think McIntyre could develop into that role but he’s never fit

Disagree, you're wasting Laurent. He wants to get forward and is better at that than Rino who has better disciple and concentration

Could be wrong but I thought you were against Rinomhota playing at the base of midfield under Gomes for that exact same reason

Personally think asking Rinomhota to play at the base would be akin to playing Danny Williams there. High energy player, very good at hassling the opposition, something we’ve sorely missed higher up the pitch which you don’t really see from a CDM

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 12:57

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Could be wrong but I thought you were against Rinomhota playing at the base of midfield under Gomes for that exact same reason

Personally think asking Rinomhota to play at the base would be akin to playing Danny Williams there. High energy player, very good at hassling the opposition, something we’ve sorely missed higher up the pitch which you don’t really see from a CDM

Since then, Rino has been played RW and more forward a few times and it's just not his game.

Laurent has also shed some of his discipline and defensive play, choosing to forge further forward more regularly.

I prefer Rino getting up and down the pitch a bit, but we have no holding midfielders these days. It's a quarter back who can't defend like Drinkwater or Swift, or a workhorse like Laurent or Rino, and I think Rino is best suited to it.

Under Gomes I think I'd have been wanting Pele to do the job. Maybe Semedo. But they're gone.

I could see an argument for Swift at the base with Laurent and Rino ahead. But not right now.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Jan 2022 13:28

After his performance on sat, do you think it was enough to convince the club to keep him? It certainly looked like a performance from a player still wanting to be here.
I am confused what the club want to do with him, we finally change to a style that suited him the day Joao started. We had plenty of opportunity to play him off Carroll or with Hoilett. Was the 2 up top an isolated game?
Personally, we are in relegation battle, you need goal scorers (hopefully he gets his form back) to survive so I would keep him even if Carroll signs on again however unlikely that is.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2022 16:01

tbf I've never really seen him lack effort or let his head drop too much. Guess that's why he got a genuine and warm reaction from the crowd when he scored - think everyone was delighted for him

Worth keeping hold of IF we play 2 up and commit to that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jan 2022 17:13

Hound tbf I've never really seen him lack effort or let his head drop too much. Guess that's why he got a genuine and warm reaction from the crowd when he scored - think everyone was delighted for him

Worth keeping hold of IF we play 2 up and commit to that.

Yeah agreed. I like him and like many others just wanted to see him score. Hopefully this will kick start his season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jan 2022 17:50

I don't think he's very good, but his poor performance and lack of goals has been entirely caused by management.

Don't think he's worth anywhere near his transfer fee. Wages of about £12k to £16k would be about right. Much more than that and I don't think he's worth it, especially if we had Carroll.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Jan 2022 15:03

There was a live Q & A thing with JLow at lunchtime.

One of the questions was:

Do you think George Puscas will leave for Anderlecht

Unfortunately I read that as:

Do you think George Puscas will leave for Aldershot

Oh how the mighty are fallen...

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jan 2022 07:36

George Puscas will be joining Pisa S.C. on loan from Reading.

[@NicoSchira] #readingfc https://t.co/PIJr2Eo92C

(Nico describes himself as a sports journalist and expert in the transfer market)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jan 2022 07:40

morganb George Puscas will be joining Pisa S.C. on loan from Reading.

Lol. Would be classic Reading if we've finally found a way to use him effectively, then immediately get rid.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 08:09

Pepe the Horseman
morganb George Puscas will be joining Pisa S.C. on loan from Reading.

Lol. Would be classic Reading if we've finally found a way to use him effectively, then immediately get rid.

Yep and watch as Joao gets injured and Carroll doesn’t sign.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 08:19

If Carroll is joining WBA then it would be idiotic to loan out Puscas given Joao’s injury record.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 08:43

Zip If Carroll is joining WBA then it would be idiotic to loan out Puscas given Joao’s injury record.

It really would. Even if Joao stays fit - whats the alternative to him if need to change things? Azeez out for a while, be a huge risk to rely on Meite. So its 18 year old Jahmari Clarke :cry:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Jan 2022 08:46

Zip If Carroll is joining WBA then it would be idiotic to loan out Puscas given Joao’s injury record.

Agree, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we signed 3 more keepers so we could have a team of goalies and midfielders. There doesn’t seem to be any plan/structure whatsoever at the club anymore. Maybe the new goalie is a back up centre forward and we’ll sign 2 more as wingers.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2022 08:51

Hound

It really would. Even if Joao stays fit - whats the alternative to him if need to change things? Azeez out for a while, be a huge risk to rely on Meite. So its 18 year old Jahmari Clarke :cry:

No serious team relies on only 2 fit strikers. When was the last time we genuinely had 3 fit strikers? March?
Only a joke of a team would sell half of their available strike force who are in a relegation battle.
So......Puscas is going to leave isn't he....

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 08:52

I can't imagine the club will loan Puscas out for the remainder of the season and not have Carroll or someone else lined up potentially and knowing they are confident of signing for the remainder of the season.

Then again... could I!? :shock:

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 09:15

Just had a quick read about Puscas' departure and I can't say I have ever heard of the club he's moving to. For all I know, they could be stinking rich but I can't see them paying any sort of loan fee for him and I can't imagine they will be subsidising all of his wages.

I suppose even if they subsidise 50-75% of his wages, it might go some way to bringing someone else in for half a season and it might also give us flexibility regarding Pauno's situation and if the club feel like we should sack him although I'm not sure how it all works with FFP.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:19

Coppells Lost Coat
Hound

No serious team relies on only 2 fit strikers. When was the last time we genuinely had 3 fit strikers? March?
Only a joke of a team would sell half of their available strike force who are in a relegation battle.
So......Puscas is going to leave isn't he....

We had 3 fit strikers available 6 days ago :|

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 09:21

All for him leaving if it means we have a replacement lined up. Got to have adequate cover for Joao given his injury issues.

791 posts