George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Zip » 27 May 2022 12:36

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99
Zip If Joao and Puscas both go we are going to have to recruit very smartly and given how few players we have on the books it will be the biggest overhaul in our history.

Obviously Puscas leaving would permit on Joao staying, but do we have a choice because isn't it a mandatory fee Pisa play if they are to be promoted, meaning Puscas would leave regardless of Joao staying/going?

As I understand it, and this could be well off, but Pisa have an obligation to buy at €5m if they go up but also have an option to buy at €2.5m if they don't.

Yep.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 12:42

YorkshireRoyal99 I hope he doesn't come back personally. Nothing against him as a player, I've always kind of liked him, but it seems we've got a fairly good deal on the table if Pisa are to be promoted. Even if not, I'm sure they'd go in for him again this summer given his record since joining in January. It would be excellent for us to get his wages off the wage bill and bring in some cash for the summer.

The negative is the big hit we have taken on him.

If they don’t go up they probably can't afford the fee or wages. I expect we're still covering at least a bit of them.

But this should have him in the shop window again.

For me, he can't come back unless we change our shape. He has to play facing goal, preferably with a partner. Back to goal on his own he's poor at best.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 12:46

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 I hope he doesn't come back personally. Nothing against him as a player, I've always kind of liked him, but it seems we've got a fairly good deal on the table if Pisa are to be promoted. Even if not, I'm sure they'd go in for him again this summer given his record since joining in January. It would be excellent for us to get his wages off the wage bill and bring in some cash for the summer.

If they don’t go up they probably can't afford the fee or wages. I expect we're still covering at least a bit of them.

For me, he can't come back unless we change our shape. He has to play facing goal, preferably with a partner. Back to goal on his own he's poor at best.

Would like us to go 5-3-2 next season personally. If he comes back to us then I don't see why he and Joao can't be the two up top. Don't for a minute think Ince will play two up top though, think we are going to end up trying to pack out the midfield and scrap our way to victory.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 12:50

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal

Would like us to go 5-3-2 next season personally. If he comes back to us then I don't see why he and Joao can't be the two up top. Don't for a minute think Ince will play two up top though, think we are going to end up trying to pack out the midfield and scrap our way to victory.

Don't think we'll go that shape if we're trying to keep Azeez, Hoilett and TInce.

Given our CB woes we'd need about 8 to sustain 3 starting. And zip might have something to say about Yiadom's crossing.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 12:53

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal If they don’t go up they probably can't afford the fee or wages. I expect we're still covering at least a bit of them.

Don't think we'll go that shape if we're trying to keep Azeez, Hoilett and TInce.

Given our CB woes we'd need about 8 to sustain 3 starting. And zip might have something to say about Yiadom's crossing.

Would just like to see us go for it a bit next season, especially early on. If you look at sides like Coventry and Blackpool they took a lot of sides by surprise due to a direct, attacking style of play and played to try and win. There is no way on paper either Coventry or Blackpool have a better sqaud than us either. Whatever the formation I'd just like to see us try and be a bit more positive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 12:55

Amen

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 May 2022 13:31

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Would like us to go 5-3-2 next season personally. If he comes back to us then I don't see why he and Joao can't be the two up top. Don't for a minute think Ince will play two up top though, think we are going to end up trying to pack out the midfield and scrap our way to victory.

Would just like to see us go for it a bit next season, especially early on. If you look at sides like Coventry and Blackpool they took a lot of sides by surprise due to a direct, attacking style of play and played to try and win. There is no way on paper either Coventry or Blackpool have a better sqaud than us either. Whatever the formation I'd just like to see us try and be a bit more positive.

Strange one, we did manage to score a fair amount of goals last season (more than 9th place for example) but don’t think we were ever particularly entertaining. Guess we were prolific at points in the season

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 May 2022 13:35

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Don't think we'll go that shape if we're trying to keep Azeez, Hoilett and TInce.

Strange one, we did manage to score a fair amount of goals last season (more than 9th place for example) but don’t think we were ever particularly entertaining. Guess we were prolific at points in the season

That stat does surprise me slightly.

I think about the amount we conceded too and it suggests we were attacking on the face of it but I'd say it had more to do with us sitting back on our own 18 yard box inviting pressure rather than leaving ourselves open through attacking play. Due to having no pace at CB we had no option but to play 10 yards deeper than we should be doing, hopefully that changes next season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 May 2022 13:49

Snowflake Royal

Potentially, although, if reports are correct, you'd have thought there wouldn't be an option to buy for 2.5m Euro's if they didn't feel they could sign him as well, there would just be no point otherwise.

But agree there, I'm sure some of the richer clubs in Serie B or low Serie A clubs would be looking at him, seems completed suited to that league. Agree with the change of shape, said for a while that we should be playing in a 3-5-2 as I think it suits our squad (despite the overload of wingers we have/had) and I think it suits both Joao and Puscas as well.

As mentioned though, I don't think we will go for a 3-5-2 either, although I think that shape has been on the cards for most seasons really, maybe not last season though out of the last 3/4 seasons.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 May 2022 13:56

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

As mentioned though, I don't think we will go for a 3-5-2 either, although I think that shape has been on the cards for most seasons really, maybe not last season though out of the last 3/4 seasons.

Personally think that formation is a stop gap. Useful to get you out of a hole but in terms of long term sustainability, not always the best

Beating the same drum but it really relies on wingbacks/midfielders that score/create. Does Yiadom? Did Richards? Does Ejaria? Rinomhota? Laurent? Otherwise you become totally dependent on 1/2 players. And we’ve seen first hand the problem with that

Someone like Fredericks would be a good fit for it. But I’m sure he’d be miles beyond our remit (both financially and ability wise)

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 May 2022 14:20

URZZZZ
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal If they don’t go up they probably can't afford the fee or wages. I expect we're still covering at least a bit of them.

Personally think that formation is a stop gap. Useful to get you out of a hole but in terms of long term sustainability, not always the best

Beating the same drum but it really relies on wingbacks/midfielders that score/create. Does Yiadom? Did Richards? Does Ejaria? Rinomhota? Laurent? Otherwise you become totally dependent on 1/2 players. And we’ve seen first hand the problem with that

Someone like Fredericks would be a good fit for it. But I’m sure he’d be miles beyond our remit (both financially and ability wise)

It would have obviously needed some tweaks and investment in a couple of players in a couple of positions, as stated, an offensive wing back on either (or both) side(s) along with a creative midfielder, but, in the main, I think a 3-5-2 shape fitted most of our squad reasonably well, last season not withstanding.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 16:44

Hard to say what we're suited to with 8/9 ontracted players, two of whom we want rid of.

What an opportunity to look at what's available and start building towards something.

Think you need a real strong midfield anchor and some pace in CB to play 3 at the back... WBs will be caught forward a lot and CBs need to be able to cover a lot of ground, preferably from a highish line.

Also, I think your wingbacks need to want to cross and be good at it.

I don't think we've got the CBs, WBs or DMs we'd need for it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 May 2022 16:59

Snowflake Royal Hard to say what we're suited to with 8/9 ontracted players, two of whom we want rid of.

What an opportunity to look at what's available and start building towards something.

Think you need a real strong midfield anchor and some pace in CB to play 3 at the back... WBs will be caught forward a lot and CBs need to be able to cover a lot of ground, preferably from a highish line.

I was referring to seasons previous rather than the one just gone and the up and coming one, but yeah we can pretty much build what we want.

I'd imagine one of Rino or Laurent will stay, Joao will stay and got 3 CB's in Dann, Holmes and McIntyre, so there's a solid enough base and spine to start from with some good players elsewhere like Meite and Ejaria who are solid enough at this level as as well as good young talents in Tetek and Southwood as well who will be pushing a starting place.

I've no doubt that 3/4 others will sign on as well, Yiadom for example. So there is a good, solid core to the team, we just need to supplement that with players that strengthen the team/squad AS WELL as cover the weaknesses of those already in the squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 May 2022 18:48

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Hard to say what we're suited to with 8/9 ontracted players, two of whom we want rid of.

I was referring to seasons previous rather than the one just gone and the up and coming one, but yeah we can pretty much build what we want.

I'd imagine one of Rino or Laurent will stay, Joao will stay and got 3 CB's in Dann, Holmes and McIntyre, so there's a solid enough base and spine to start from with some good players elsewhere like Meite and Ejaria who are solid enough at this level as as well as good young talents in Tetek and Southwood as well who will be pushing a starting place.

I've no doubt that 3/4 others will sign on as well, Yiadom for example. So there is a good, solid core to the team, we just need to supplement that with players that strengthen the team/squad AS WELL as cover the weaknesses of those already in the squad.

Zero pace across that three. And if we get more than half a season out of Dann or McIntyre we'll be doing well.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 May 2022 19:47

How about a 4-3-3 formation, some thing like this.

Southwood

Yiadom Holmes Dann ?

Laurent McIntyre Rinhomota

Meite Joao T.Ince

I understand I'm using a few player who have yet to re-sign, but it is what it is.
We really need a pacey Centre Back and a solid left back. The midfield is fine if we can retain Laurent and Rino, and i really like the idea of McIntyre as a holding midfielder, he's great in the air and good with the ball at his feet.
Up front i would use Joao as the spearheading forward and Meite and Ince as inside forwards with license to run at the defense and cause havoc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2022 11:28

Give me 4-4-2

....................Southwood
....Yiadom, ?????, McIntyre, ?????
Hoilett...Rinomhota, Laurent...Ince
....................Meite, Joao

Go down the wings and cross to Joao and Meite facing goal. Run the channels for diagonals in behind fullbacks, Laurent break late to hit the edge of the box for second balls and pull backs.

Hoilett and Ince can stay wide and cross on their natural feet. Yiadom can cut inside as he loves doing.

Rino and Laurent can sit and spoil.

Puscas would fit the Meite role there ok too, if he stays. Etc

Want to go more attacking later in the game? Ejaria for Rino. Want to go more defensive and keep the ball better, Ejaria for Meite, want to go ultra defensive, Holmes for Meite or Joao

It won’t get us to the PL or keep us there, but it won’t see us relegated either.

Obviously not all of those players are definitely here next season, but you get the idea.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 May 2022 19:49

Pisa 2-0 up after 15. George plays but hasn’t scored.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 May 2022 20:01

Fox Talbot Pisa 2-0 up after 15. George plays but hasn’t scored.

Now 2-1. Monza need at least a draw, I believe.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 May 2022 20:04

Fox Talbot

They won the first leg so yeah, a draw will be enough, Pisa need to win by 2 goals to avoid extra time.

JR

by JR » 29 May 2022 21:02

tidus_mi2
Fox Talbot

They won the first leg so yeah, a draw will be enough, Pisa need to win by 2 goals to avoid extra time.

791 posts