George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
On Strings

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by On Strings » 31 May 2022 11:36

2 mil will do nicely, and big wages off the books.

Eas-eh Pisa.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2022 11:47

Pisa will have had first dibs at the agreed price(s) - we need the money, so fair play. Wish him well as and when confirmed.

Would be nice to start seeing stories about players joining rather than leaving. Will be playing the U18s at this rate. :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 May 2022 12:47

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah that's what I mean, that was our agreed price but I don't doubt we could hold out for a bit more from other clubs. Depends if we just decide to take the money and run and go again from there.

In a way, 2.5m Euro's and not having so subsidise any of his wages (hypothetically) may be better than 3m Euro's and having to subsidise some wages.

If we've agreed the price with Pisa we have to give them first refusal, otherwise what's the point?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2022 18:14

Good luck to Puscas.

Most important news I want to see is Moore leaving stranded. Much more than any incomings.

Mainly because it would free up funds to sign 3 good free signings.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Jun 2022 09:00

Yeah there is only really Moore to move on now from the big earners that we want to get shut of. If someone comes in for a decent offer for Ejaria, I wouldn't be against a sale there. I'd rather not lose Joao or Meite, but if there is an offer that we cannot turn down then I could understand. I just wouldn't want us making our task this summer any harder really, in terms of replacing players who would have been contracted.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2022 09:13

Snowflake Royal Good luck to Puscas.

Most important news I want to see is Moore leaving stranded. Much more than any incomings.

Mainly because it would free up funds to sign 3 good free signings.

Oh get that and I'm not worried about it as I know players in is going to be a bit slower - Moore leaving would be a boost of course but still it wouldn't hurt to hear of a deal that is close from a trustworthy source - just an inkling of one would be nice.

Would also happily take news of players turning down contract deals as at least we know where we stand then.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Jun 2022 19:43

George Puscas is being targeted by FC Rapid București but only a loan move would be possible due to finances.

[@gspro] #readingfc https://t.co/kMPnNbxVEn

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Jun 2022 20:58

morganb George Puscas is being targeted by FC Rapid București but only a loan move would be possible due to finances.

I can't imagine this would be ideal as I can't see them paying his wages for us, or even a significant amount.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jun 2022 21:04

YorkshireRoyal99
morganb George Puscas is being targeted by FC Rapid București but only a loan move would be possible due to finances.

I can't imagine this would be ideal as I can't see them paying his wages for us, or even a significant amount.

In that case it won’t happen...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2022 21:14

Yeah would def rather keep him than that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jun 2022 21:49

Sell him or play him.

If we ĺoan him, then I believe he still counts as one of the 25 established pros we are allowed as he is still our player, a loan is counter-productive.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2022 06:49

Stranded Sell him or play him.

If we ĺoan him, then I believe he still counts as one of the 25 established pros we are allowed as he is still our player, a loan is counter-productive.

Can’t see that being the case. A player out on loan is no longer registered to the club or eligible to play for it.
I would think any part of a loaned players wages we are paying would still be included in our salary budget but if we loaned out 5 youngsters who happened to have started 3 games the squad would be unsustainable if it meant we could only use 20 players.....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2022 09:20

Nameless

Can’t see that being the case. A player out on loan is no longer registered to the club or eligible to play for it.
I would think any part of a loaned players wages we are paying would still be included in our salary budget but if we loaned out 5 youngsters who happened to have started 3 games the squad would be unsustainable if it meant we could only use 20 players.....

It was definitely reported as such last season, I'll need to try and find it again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jun 2022 18:27

Stranded
Nameless

It was definitely reported as such last season, I'll need to try and find it again.

Remember it coming up and that being the conclusion.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2022 20:28

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Nameless

Did it actually apply last season ? Not sure whether we actually had 25 qualified players at anytime, even with Puscas and the Scottish bloke out on loan.
The agreement is not at all clear, it just talks about players being registered, and as I said if you are loaned out then you aren’t registered to play for us.
Would seem a case to e made that if a playerloaned our still counts because they are ‘your’ player then you shouldn’t count players you have loaned in, because they must be someone else’s player !

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Jun 2022 08:13

If we are in a position that we are worrying about going over 25 players contracted come end of the window then I would be fairly happy with our transfer business.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jun 2022 13:34

25? Only about 15 signings to go then!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 Jun 2022 00:44

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Did it actually apply last season ? Not sure whether we actually had 25 qualified players at anytime, even with Puscas and the Scottish bloke out on loan.
The agreement is not at all clear, it just talks about players being registered, and as I said if you are loaned out then you aren’t registered to play for us.
Would seem a case to e made that if a playerloaned our still counts because they are ‘your’ player then you shouldn’t count players you have loaned in, because they must be someone else’s player !

Pretty sure it is the other way around, as you suggest. Players loaned out don't count. Players loaned in do count - even if they are U21. Your own U21 players do not have to be named in the squad of 25 to be played, so they are extra.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Jun 2022 17:02

Pisa have opted not to activate their clause to sign George Pușcaș permanently. Pușcaș will most likely return to Reading. [@digisportro] #readingfc https://t.co/is6rEFoe0E

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Jun 2022 17:33

morganb Pisa have opted not to activate their clause to sign George Pușcaș permanently. Pușcaș will most likely return to Reading. [@digisportro] #readingfc https://t.co/is6rEFoe0E

Hopefully we can look to offload him somewhere else in Italy for a similar price, or if all else fails, use him alongside Joao potentially.

Given it seems that bringing in funds might be such a worthwhile option for us, utilising the players we do have available to us now may be crucial to keeping us in the division for another year.

791 posts