George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by windermereROYAL » 25 Jun 2022 12:05

Best for all parties if we get his wages off the books.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Jun 2022 12:11

I feel it's now important we keep Lucas João if it's heads still here if Puscas does go

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Jun 2022 15:58

Royal_jimmy I feel it's now important we keep Lucas João if it's heads still here if Puscas does go

Agree about Joao. I think we’ll keep him and let his contract run down. I guess if he’s had his head turned that will be easier said than done.

When I saw Puscas in that Cardiff game back in August 2019 I thought we had a real player on our hands but it’s been pretty much downhill since then.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2022 09:08

blythspartan
Royal_jimmy I feel it's now important we keep Lucas João if it's heads still here if Puscas does go

Agree about Joao. I think we’ll keep him and let his contract run down. I guess if he’s had his head turned that will be easier said than done.

When I saw Puscas in that Cardiff game back in August 2019 I thought we had a real player on our hands but it’s been pretty much downhill since then.

Me too, remember watching that game and thinking the same, but it didn’t turn out that way

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jun 2022 15:28

Joao may well soon be the subject of a £2.5m bid from Besiktas if reports in the media are to be believed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 17:39

Sutekh

Joao may well soon be the subject of a £2.5m bid from Besiktas if reports in the media are to be believed.

They can oxf*rd right off for that amount.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 17:45

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

My heart says he's worth more than that and we probably would get more than that, but I can't help but get the feeling that clubs are going to low-ball us this summer for our players because it's public knowledge about our financial position.

It's the same with incomings as well. We aren't necessarily getting players that no other clubs would want, but we are attractive to low-end Championship players, maybe some who probably just aren't cut out for this level and are top end L1 players.

We've all seen the rumours about good Championship players being linked with moves in, but I just can't help but feel we aren't going to end up with players that have a good reputation around the Championship, we will end up with players who are low-end Championship level, on their way down, looking to prove themselves etc which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not going to move us forward either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 19:22

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

My heart says he's worth more than that and we probably would get more than that, but I can't help but get the feeling that clubs are going to low-ball us this summer for our players because it's public knowledge about our financial position.

It's the same with incomings as well. We aren't necessarily getting players that no other clubs would want, but we are attractive to low-end Championship players, maybe some who probably just aren't cut out for this level and are top end L1 players.

We've all seen the rumours about good Championship players being linked with moves in, but I just can't help but feel we aren't going to end up with players that have a good reputation around the Championship, we will end up with players who are low-end Championship level, on their way down, looking to prove themselves etc which isn't necessarily bad, but it's not going to move us forward either.

Must have missed the rumours about good championship players.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 20:04

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal They can oxf*rd right off for that amount.

Gray, Rahman, Austin, Long etc would all be good enough players at this level.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 21:44

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Oh, you mean twitter bollocks.

Half of those are has beens and one of them was average for us in a shit season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 08:44

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Must have missed the rumours about good championship players.

Oh, you mean twitter bollocks.

Half of those are has beens and one of them was average for us in a shit season.

I didn't say any of them were concrete, they were players we've just been linked with.

Doesn't matter if they are has beens, they are still good players at this level.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jun 2022 10:01

Isn't calling Lucas João a 'it' a bit offensive?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2022 13:55

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Watford now also supposedly interested, might get a small bidding war if we’re lucky!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2022 14:55

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Watford now also supposedly interested, might get a small bidding war if we’re lucky!

Absolute min we should consider is £4m

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 27 Jun 2022 15:39

As it doesn't seem we can reinvest any money make from the sale of Joao I can see no point selling him. Sell him and we are very likely to get relegated - which will cost us a great deal more than the benefits of selling him. I would keep Puscas too as we are unlikely to get a better striker than him this summer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jun 2022 16:20

andrew1957 As it doesn't seem we can reinvest any money make from the sale of Joao I can see no point selling him. Sell him and we are very likely to get relegated - which will cost us a great deal more than the benefits of selling him. I would keep Puscas too as we are unlikely to get a better striker than him this summer.

What makes you think we can’t ‘reinvest’ ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jun 2022 16:25

Nameless
andrew1957 As it doesn't seem we can reinvest any money make from the sale of Joao I can see no point selling him. Sell him and we are very likely to get relegated - which will cost us a great deal more than the benefits of selling him. I would keep Puscas too as we are unlikely to get a better striker than him this summer.

We are not allowed to pay transfer fees
It's frees and loans only

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 27 Jun 2022 16:27

Nameless

As I understand it we cannot pay any fees for players so even if we sell for 10M this might improve the club's finances but would mean we had no striker and only able to bring in loans/frees. Tilehurst End article below is a good explanation.

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... sts-royals

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 16:28

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal They can oxf*rd right off for that amount.

In an ideal world, yes. Taking £2.5m, or even £3m, may be enough to help us comply with P&S regulations for the coming period however which would be pretty telling.

If we lose Joao though, I'm starting to lean more towards "miracle" territory in terms of survival this season.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 27 Jun 2022 16:32

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

In an ideal world, yes. Taking £2.5m, or even £3m, may be enough to help us comply with P&S regulations for the coming period however which would be pretty telling.

If we lose Joao though, I'm starting to lean more towards "miracle" territory in terms of survival this season.

Think we already need a miracle - perhaps three other teams get massive points deductions, or there is an asteroid strike voiding the season. Other than that I would say we are pretty much screwed.

And I fully expect Yiadom, Joao, Meite and perhaps a few others to get crocked in pre season games and then it is game over before we even kick off the new season.

791 posts