George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2022 08:27

windermereROYAL Loan or permanent?

A Genoa related website (Pianeta Genoa 1893) says buying so presumably it’s a permanent deal.

Another website has suggested a value of 3.5m Euros.

So the specific details are still a bit sketchy at the moment but it does look like the saga is finally drawing to a close.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Aug 2022 11:20

Yep just get this out of the way early doors this week to finally complete the Sarr deal and hopefully it frees up some room to bring in another player in another position as well.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 21 Aug 2022 20:56

Been told Puscas flew to Italy on Friday so would expect him to have had his medical already

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2022 21:11

Hope so, really dragged on. Genoa should be a decent club for him so hope it’s perm and we can move on

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Aug 2022 21:24

Hound Hope so, really dragged on. Genoa should be a decent club for him so hope it’s perm and we can move on

Apparently it's another loan.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Aug 2022 06:49

Hopefully, there’ll be an announcement soon about him signing for Genoa. With our luck he’s probably injured himself stepping off the plane.

Something I did wonder is if he goes on loan and picks up a serious injury as his parent club would he come back to us? Also, would it mean that we’d have to start paying his full wages again? I was just thinking about FFP and wondered whether the aforementioned scenario could affect our position?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2022 07:12

blythspartan Hopefully, there’ll be an announcement soon about him signing for Genoa. With our luck he’s probably injured himself stepping off the plane.

Something I did wonder is if he goes on loan and picks up a serious injury as his parent club would he come back to us? Also, would it mean that we’d have to start paying his full wages again? I was just thinking about FFP and wondered whether the aforementioned scenario could affect our position?

Moore didn’t return to us when he got injured at Stoke.
The loan contract will detail all this sort of thing. I think you can only terminate a loan during the open period of the window but I’m fairly certain an injured loan player remains the responsibility of the club he has been loaned to for the duration of the loan. I would imagine we could offer medical support if we had better facilities but in terms of wages we’d have a contract in place.....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2022 08:07

Nameless
blythspartan Hopefully, there’ll be an announcement soon about him signing for Genoa. With our luck he’s probably injured himself stepping off the plane.

The loan contract will detail all this sort of thing. I think you can only terminate a loan during the open period of the window but I’m fairly certain an injured loan player remains the responsibility of the club he has been loaned to for the duration of the loan. I would imagine we could offer medical support if we had better facilities but in terms of wages we’d have a contract in place.....

That is certainly more the case with international loans, as they are to all intent and purposes a full transfer for the length of the agreement. It is probably similar domestically but you will often find if the player is a developing player i.e. 19 yo sent out on loan by a PL club, if they get a long term injury, then he will return to the parent club so that they can guide his recovery.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Aug 2022 08:32

Stranded
Nameless

That is certainly more the case with international loans, as they are to all intent and purposes a full transfer for the length of the agreement. It is probably similar domestically but you will often find if the player is a developing player i.e. 19 yo sent out on loan by a PL club, if they get a long term injury, then he will return to the parent club so that they can guide his recovery.

Thank you both for the explanation.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Aug 2022 10:10

Stranded
Nameless

There is also situation where a young player who is out on loan is able to still play games for their own club.
Can’t recall the way it works but I think some of our youngsters who have been at non league clubs have come back and played u21 games. Might be ‘work experience’ loans and probably where loaning club is paying all the wages.
My answer to the original query very much focused on full strength, first team type loans though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2022 11:10

Nameless
Stranded
Nameless

There is also situation where a young player who is out on loan is able to still play games for their own club.
Can’t recall the way it works but I think some of our youngsters who have been at non league clubs have come back and played u21 games. Might be ‘work experience’ loans and probably where loaning club is paying all the wages.
My answer to the original query very much focused on full strength, first team type loans though.

Yeah, work experience is very specific and can only be utilised for players registered as a Scholar only i.e. they are not eligible for selection by the parent clubs first team.

On Work Experience, they can train at either club and play in age group or reserve fixtures at either club, they can also play first team football for the club they have gone to but only, as you state, if they are below the EFL. Jack Senga got a few games at Maidenhead under a work experience deal last season, if memory serves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Aug 2022 14:49

More journo tweets saying this is a done deal. Heard that b4 of course

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2022 15:02

Hound More journo tweets saying this is a done deal. Heard that b4 of course

Nicolo Schira is pretty well respected and has a pretty good handle on things.

Key item is that it is a loan but with an obligation to buy - not clear what the fee will be at the end of the loan but should see a couple of million coming in next summer which can only help with the squad build we'll need to do next summer.

All seems pretty positive and we should hopefully see a couple of moves in the coming days now.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Aug 2022 15:36

Yep hopefully that means that's his wages off our books now completely as that seemed to be the issue and that we can rope in a couple of million for next summer as well, overall a move well suited for all parties. Time to bring Sarr and maybe another couple of players in potentially, wages dependent.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 23 Aug 2022 16:53

Stranded
Hound More journo tweets saying this is a done deal. Heard that b4 of course

Nicolo Schira is pretty well respected and has a pretty good handle on things.

Key item is that it is a loan but with an obligation to buy - not clear what the fee will be at the end of the loan but should see a couple of million coming in next summer which can only help with the squad build we'll need to do next summer.

All seems pretty positive and we should hopefully see a couple of moves in the coming days now.

That said, do we still owe Inter Milan a good portion of his fee? Let's hope it was not the rumoured £7m but more like £2m with multiple add ons which were never triggered (could even have explained his lack of game time).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2022 07:10

Reported by a Romanian journalist, seems a pretty respected account, that Puscas has his medical today.

So could be announced this afternoon or tomorrow if all goes well.

Loan with an obligation to buy for €4m if Genoa are promoted.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2022 10:02

Sarr has already signed so should be announced immediately that Puscas’ departure is confirmed.

Hopefully then Reading can sign a left back (Rahman), a forward (Grabban?) and perhaps another midfielder.

Then all quiet until January when hopefully someone will take Moore off the clubs hands and then who knows...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2022 10:12

Wouldn`t have though Genoa are taking on his entire salary so bringing in 4 players might be a tad optimistic.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2022 10:15

windermereROYAL Wouldn`t have though Genoa are taking on his entire salary so bringing in 4 players might be a tad optimistic.

Hard to say but if they are happy to take on the obligation to buy, if promoted, then they may well be or if not possibly 80% or so.

With free agents now, it is at the point where the clubs hold more sway than the players - so someone who may have originally only taken 6k pw, may now take 4k as it is better than the 0k they are currently making.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Aug 2022 11:37

I would argue that Genoa put the obligation to buy at 4m - higher than our reported asking price - as leverage for only paying a % of his wages.

The 4 players is madness and not happening. Sarr deal ratified and one other in. We still have a few out injured to come back in so lets not bloat our squad. One quality signing over 2 or 3 mediocre players every day.

791 posts